IMG_1615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
Tom Petty (resized).jpg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1148 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,705 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 75.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

That’s what she said...
C’mon man, you gift wrapped that one!!

In my opinion, the chrome prop has a really cool spinning effect. The wood and chrome tip looks really nice. I like both to be honest with you. I'm thinking I may go for the chrome for my own plane. I can also do something different for you. Maybe you are into a white prop with red tips, or maybe a black prop with red tips, or how about a red prop with white tips? I'll try my best to accommodate your request

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Wow... Super nice!

Thanks for the kind words Davi! It means a lot

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I got 2 types of propellers available for the biplane. A longer one with a cone tip or a shorter prop with no tip. I’ve been working on the longer props but if you like the shorter version let me know. We can do any color you want including chrome. Thanks!
[quoted image]

That wooden prop looks sick! Sitting still like that I'd pick that one, no brainer. But are you saying that when the prop is spinning the chrome one has some optical effect that looks cooler than the wooden one?

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That wooden prop looks sick! Sitting still like that I'd pick that one, no brainer. But are you saying that when the prop is spinning the chrome one has some optical effect that looks cooler than the wooden one?

Thanks! In my opinion, yes the chrome has a really cool spinning effect. Difficult decision, that's for sure. Guys in batch # 1, I need for you to please PM me and tell me what biplane prop color you want asap.

I also have available reflecting 3M background for the tiny serial number letters and crosses for the biplane. The reflecting background would make the serial number and/or crosses really stand out in your game. The reflective background carries a bit of an extra charge since the 3M reflecting vinyl is much more expensive than the regular one. Just another option for you guys....

#155 5 years ago

The wood propeller is more authentic looking since that aircraft did have a wood prop.

What I can’t determine is whether the aircraft in movie had white tips or stainless steel tips.

I’d have to find a clip of the movie to see.

#156 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Btw, still waiting for your response.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The wood propeller is more authentic looking since that aircraft did have a wood prop.
What I can’t determine is whether the aircraft in movie had white tips or stainless steel tips.
I’d have to find a clip of the movie to see.

If you find a pic, please post it....

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

If you find a pic, please post it....

Best I could find

C9B32F2C-4F57-4486-8557-3B62F7A26BC2 (resized).pngC9B32F2C-4F57-4486-8557-3B62F7A26BC2 (resized).png
#159 5 years ago

That looks to me like a black/white/black tip....

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That looks to me like a black/white/black tip....

You able to pull that off?

#161 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

You able to pull that off?

I'll give it a try tonight. If it's rather simple and doesn't take too much time, I'll include that particular tip as an option. It must look really nice or I won't do it. If it difficult to create and takes too much time BUT looks really nice I'll do it but, I may have to charge a bit more in that case. It's all about the time.....I'll let you know

#162 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Best I could find
[quoted image]

"Sorry Son, they got us"

#163 5 years ago

So, anyone here know where to get the better looking green fighter plane?

#164 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

So, anyone here know where to get the better looking green fighter plane?

Why do you tell me you are in for the planes and then start asking where to find the fighter plane? That's so confusing to me

#165 5 years ago

The wood propeller looks awesome

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

The wood propeller looks awesome

You got it

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

In my opinion, the chrome prop has a really cool spinning effect. The wood and chrome tip looks really nice. I like both to be honest with you. I'm thinking I may go for the chrome for my own plane. I can also do something different for you. Maybe you are into a white prop with red tips, or maybe a black prop with red tips, or how about a red prop with white tips? I'll try my best to accommodate your request

black prop is fine George. whatever looked like the movie I guess. Just not pink.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

black prop is fine George. whatever looked like the movie I guess. Just not pink.

Well you are only ordering a fighter plane so I'll do black with any color you want for the tips. I've been doing red and yellow for most people in batch # 1

#169 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Well you are only ordering a fighter plane so I'll do black with any color you want for the tips. I've been doing red and yellow for most people in batch # 1

That's fine. Not picky. I trust your judgement.

#170 5 years ago

So far MikeHogue and Brett are the only takers for the chrome biplane prop.

#171 5 years ago

I want a bi plane with the wood prop and I don't even own an IJ.
These are masterpieces!!

#172 5 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I want a bi plane with the wood prop and I don't even own an IJ.
These are masterpieces!!

Oh man! Thank you very much for the kind words!

#173 5 years ago

Because i thought i had to have one first to send to you.

EDIT: I went back and read your original post "I provide the fighter plane." Sorry, i need a nap apparently.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Why do you tell me you are in for the planes and then start asking where to find the fighter plane? That's so confusing to me

#174 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

EDIT: I went back and read your original post "I provide the fighter plane." Sorry, i need a nap apparently.

You don't need to worry about getting the plane. I have lots coming in....

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

You only send me your original biplane or a new biplane from marco's. You are in if still interested.....

#176 5 years ago

Got it. Yeah i'm definitely in.

Quoted from KornFreak28:

You only send me your original biplane or a new biplane from marco's. You are in if still interested.....

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You don't need to worry about getting the plane. I have lots coming in....

And the dude at other side of the globe doesn't understand why do you need tons of German plane in US

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

And the dude at other side of the globe doesn't understand why do you need tons of German plane in US

Hahahahahaha

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Got it. Yeah i'm definitely in.

Good deal! Batch # 3 is beginning to take shape!

#180 5 years ago

Scooter8416
Tonycip
Cheeks

I need to hear from you please. Please check your PM’s.

You guys have been active today. No pressure, but I do need to hear from you. Thanks!

#181 5 years ago

So I tried the tri-color biplane prop tip last night. My assessment is that it takes too long to make it look really nice. A lot longer than I want to spend on a single propeller. It has to be done in several stages, allowing each color to dry and possibly giving it a second or third coat before moving on to the second color and then the third. Just the wood color alone takes several coats and a long time to get it right.

I got 22 orders to fill, 41 planes in total. I just don't think this is the route I want to take when it comes to painting the propeller tips. I rather do a single color tip if that is something you like. I could do the wood tone on the blades and black, white, red, yellow, grey, green and 'possibly' chrome tips. I have given you guys plenty of options but this tri-color propeller tip will not be one of them, sorry. I'll gladly do a single color tip of your choice. The all chrome is also available. Thanks!

#182 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So I tried the tri-color biplane prop tip last night. My assessment is that it takes too long to make it look really nice. A lot longer than I want to spend on a single propeller. It has to be done in several stages, allowing each color to dry and possibly giving it a second or third coat before moving on to the second color and then the third. Just the wood color alone takes several coats and a long time to get it right.
I got 22 orders to fill, 41 planes in total. I just don't think this is the route I want to take when it comes to painting the propeller tips. I rather do a single color tip if that is something you like. I could do the wood tone on the blades and black, white, red, yellow, grey, green and 'possibly' chrome tips. I have given you guys plenty of options but this tri-color propeller tip will not be one of them, sorry. I'll gladly do a single color tip of your choice. The all chrome is also available. Thanks!

Any photos of wood with chrome tip?

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any photos of wood with chrome tip?

I have not painted any wood colored prop tips with chrome yet. The problem is that I don't have spare propellers laying around to try different color combos. You pretty much need to know what color you want because I simply can't be trying all these color combos either. The wood color takes a long time to get it just right and I can't risk trying a chrome tip and then you guys possibly not liking it. That would ruin all the hard work I did on the wood color. So if chrome tips are what you really want, let me know. Hope you guys understand. Thanks!

#184 5 years ago

Doing my best for you guys, trust me

#185 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I have not painted any wood colored prop tips with chrome yet. The problem is that I don't have spare propellers laying around to try different color combos. You pretty much need to know what color you want because I simply can't be trying all these color combos either. The wood color takes a long time to get it just right and I can't risk trying a chrome tip and then you guys possibly not liking it. That would ruin all the hard work I did on the wood color. So if chrome tips are what you really want, let me know. Hope you guys understand. Thanks!

I’ll stick with the wood prop and black hub.

Unfortunately this is what happens when you provide lots of options.

Better to keep it simple - your doing nice work!

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ll stick with the wood prop and black hub.
Unfortunately this is what happens when you provide lots of options.
Better to keep it simple - your doing nice work!

I think CoPinFan requested the wood with chrome tip. I'll work on it tonight and post pics.....

#187 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I think CoPinFan requested the wood with chrome tip. I'll work on it tonight and post pics.....

Sounds good..just thinking out loud here but the wood with black tip would probably look pretty good as well.

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Sounds good..just thinking out loud here but the wood with black tip would probably look pretty good as well.

Yes I got you down for wood with black nose tip. I will show you the chrome tip tonight. I’m also thinking I ‘could’ try to do a 2 color tip.

Instead of the black/white/black, I could possibly do white/black. I’ll give it one more shot tonight and post pics. How about a white tip? I think the white could somewhat replicate the one in the movie.

#189 5 years ago

Hi George - I would like the wood prop with the chrome nose tip for my biplane. Thank you!

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi George - I would like the wood prop with the chrome nose tip for my biplane. Thank you!

You got it!....stay tuned for the chrome tips

#191 5 years ago

Is this what you guys want?

Added landing gear and tension wires to CoPinFan’s plane. Did the chrome tips. They look super cool but the prepping did take time. It’s all about the time....If you want this look, I’ll do it but it will cost a bit more. It was a bitch to spray the chrome tips on the nice wood colored blades!

92124F68-5589-4CF1-82ED-0D557835AE1A (resized).jpeg92124F68-5589-4CF1-82ED-0D557835AE1A (resized).jpeg9606B0B6-59BF-4C0D-8C2C-4A737859FCD5 (resized).jpeg9606B0B6-59BF-4C0D-8C2C-4A737859FCD5 (resized).jpeg

#192 5 years ago

Still not done with CoPinFan’s plane. More stuff will be added later. Gotta get back to my restoration!

#193 5 years ago

One last shot. Do you guys dig the cables? If you don’t want cables let me know asap...

FB31A9AE-0EA6-46B8-B1C6-6614AB416D97 (resized).jpegFB31A9AE-0EA6-46B8-B1C6-6614AB416D97 (resized).jpeg

#194 5 years ago

Chrome prop!

26486ED4-BD16-4412-857A-AB70659A28B0 (resized).jpeg26486ED4-BD16-4412-857A-AB70659A28B0 (resized).jpeg

#195 5 years ago

I’ll try the white/black tip tomorrow...

#196 5 years ago

One more before going to bed....

867AA382-8CFF-411B-AC99-E65EE018D60A (resized).jpeg867AA382-8CFF-411B-AC99-E65EE018D60A (resized).jpeg
#197 5 years ago

Very nice work on the Biplane I'm going to get my IJ up and running so I can enjoy my planes

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

One last shot. Do you guys dig the cables? If you don’t want cables let me know asap...
[quoted image]

OK, that's pretty dope. I'll take my plane and prop like this.

#199 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

OK, that's pretty dope. I'll take my plane and prop like this.

Same here. Dope indeed.

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Added landing gear and wing cables (or whatever they are called)

Early Bi-planes had wires also known as tension wires to maintain strength.
By 1928 they moved to metal poles and they became struts.
The general term is known as Bracing or rigging. Rigging required constant maintenance, bracing became easier to maintain. In general we moved on from this design as internal bracing was developed by Boeing because of the drag they caused.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
12,500 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,705 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service/page/4?hl=hawkeyexx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.