20240311_141734 (resized).jpg
IMG_6087 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6076 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6078 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6073 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 74.
#2251 2 years ago

I'm in for the full deal. Now, just need to figure out what I need to do/buy to get the works.

#2252 2 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I'm in for the full deal. Now, just need to figure out what I need to do/buy to get the works.

I'll put you on the list. Thanks!

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

LOL! I hand balled this game. My main focus was to test the new mod. I guess I got a little carried away

That’s one hell of a hand job! Lol!

#2254 2 years ago
Quoted from HeavyMetalPoet:

That’s one hell of a hand job! Lol!

#2255 2 years ago

Hi Korn, I am a brand new IJTPA owner and would like to get the spinning prop mods and air ball protector for my game. Please add me to your list and let me know what else I need to do and how to get you paid, and how much. Thank you! Scott (Buzzie)

#2256 2 years ago
Quoted from Buzzie:

Hi Korn, I am a brand new IJTPA owner and would like to get the spinning prop mods and air ball protector for my game. Please add me to your list and let me know what else I need to do and how to get you paid, and how much. Thank you! Scott (Buzzie)

Thanks!

#2257 2 years ago

#2258 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Check out this mammoth, hand-carved wooden Idol! It is freaking heavy!!!! I may add more colors to add a little more depth to it. Will probably do a little more work to the bricks as well. Really pleased with the results. Placed my Adidas cap next to it so you can get an idea how big the Idol is. Will hang it next to my IJ!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome - hope the wall is sturdy cos that thing looks like it'd weigh a ton

#2259 2 years ago

Check out this mammoth, hand-carved wooden Idol! It is freaking heavy!!!! I may add more colors to add a little more depth to it. Will probably do a little more work to the bricks as well. Really pleased with the results. Placed my cap next to it so you can get an idea how big the Idol is. Will hang it next to my IJ!

1061EFDC-15C7-431C-94DC-4E4DE45A1C96 (resized).jpeg1061EFDC-15C7-431C-94DC-4E4DE45A1C96 (resized).jpeg7E4285AF-8368-4227-99F3-7816D51A241B (resized).jpeg7E4285AF-8368-4227-99F3-7816D51A241B (resized).jpegEE5C933F-7CFD-4CCB-BBC9-CB8F8837F29B (resized).jpegEE5C933F-7CFD-4CCB-BBC9-CB8F8837F29B (resized).jpeg

#2260 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Looks awesome - hope the wall is sturdy cos that thing looks like it'd weigh a ton

It does

#2262 2 years ago

Where’s the new product addition korn??!!!

#2263 2 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Where’s the new product addition korn??!!!

That’s it right there! A big ass hand-carved idol that sits behind the right ramp! Hahahaha

I’ll post the new mod this week....

#2264 2 years ago

I’ll post the new mod tonight! Stay tuned!

#2265 2 years ago

combined shipping if we buy the mod with the planes? assuming I will buy it at this point.

#2266 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

combined shipping if we buy the mod with the planes? assuming I will buy it at this point.

Of course! The mod would be part of the planes. Trust me, you will want this mod. I’ll start the write up shortly.

#2267 2 years ago

#2268 2 years ago

***Speed and Time controller mod and led board for the Indiana Jones plane rescue service brought to you by Ricochet and Korn***

The wait is finally over! This mod was 100% designed by the great Ricochet. Him and I have teamed up since day one and that partnership continues to build and get stronger. I helped him by providing some design ideas and did some extensive fit testing and performance testing both on the bench and in game. We ended up making 3 revisions to the mod until we felt comfortable the mod was up to standards.

This mod consists of several incredible components that will allow the user to control the speed and the time the propellers spin with added protection, smoothness and performance! The mod brings out the best in each motor and makes your propellers spin in a beautiful, orchestrated way. The visual effects you get are SO satisfying, it had me smiling from ear to ear when I was testing it. Here's a little background for those of you on Batch 5 and future Batches:

My planes have always been wired the same since I began the plane rescue service with a few motor upgrades along the way. The planes are designed to spin when the Ruins flasher (or any other flasher of your choosing for that matter) flickers. The more flickers you get (MB or Lock a ball, Dogfight mode, Super Jackpot) the more the propellers spin. The fewer flickers you get (single drop target, plunge) the less they spin. You get rewarded with a spin when you hit certain shots. Some shots give you more spin action that others. I think that's cool as hell since it's so satisfying to get rewarded for shots like right ramp when lit and dogfight mode and others. Is this still good if you decide not to purchase the new mod? Yes for Batch 5 only since you guys bought the planes before the mod was created. All future Batches will most likely have to get the mod and trust me, you will like this mod very much!

So on to the new mod: The new mod is a high-tech thing of beauty and it works GREAT! The mod comes with individual motor pcb's (which you won't even see since they will be inside the plane) an LED board for the fighter plane, which is a far cry from the led harness you initially bought. It also comes with a mother controller board that has speed and time controls for each plane as well as a test button (see pics) you also get all the wiring with connectors for easy, trouble-free installation.

What this means is that now, you will be able to control how fast and how long your planes spin! You can set them both to start and stop at the same time (which is how I will calibrate them for you) or you can set the Tiger to spin longer and/or faster and for the Fighter to spin less and at a lower speed or vice versa. Again, I will ship the planes and set them both to spin and stop at the same time and what I think it's the best and most rewarding speed. It would be up to you to increase or decrease the time they spin and/or the speed. It's fun to play around with different speeds and times but I think you will like my fine tuning very much.

Things that have improved from the original design to the new design:

With the motor mod, the motors do not depend on how fast the flasher flickers to make the propellers spin more or less accordingly. Now, the motor pcb get activated by the flasher and the motor pcb controls the how fast and how long the propellers spin according to your settings. The planes will no longer depend on how long the flasher flickers anymore since the motor mod will control that for you.

Here's an example: With the original design, when you hit the single drop target, you get a quick, short spin since the flasher only flickers momentarily and then cuts off. Is this a bad thing? Not at all BUT.....With the motor mod, when you hit the single drop target, your spin will be as long and as fast as you desire it to be. The flasher will not dictate the spin action anymore. The motor pcb gets the signal from the flasher and does the rest.

Here's another example: When you hit the left ramp, sometimes you get a super short flicker on the ruins flasher. It is so short, the original design would only make the planes spin very little. With the new motor mod design, that tiny flicker is all it takes to give you full and continuous spin according to your settings because we are not depending on the flasher to power the motors anymore. The motor pcb powers the motors now and it's a thing of beauty!

There are other instances such as Lock a Ball, MB, and Dogfight mode where you get full and fast flickers from the flasher where the original design spins the motors like crazy and it's very satisfying BUT you always get the same speed and as soon as the flasher cuts off, so will the motors. With the new motor mod, you can set the planes to turn slowly or really fast and to keep spinning for many more seconds after the flasher cuts off which results in a very rewarding experience.

If you decide to keep the original design please don't feel you are being short changed or that your planes will be inferior or anything like that. You will get a set of fully working planes that are sure to enhance your experience and make the game more enjoyable. The great thing about the motor mod is that the experience gets so much better because the flasher cannot affect motor spin anymore. The motor mod powers the motors now and it makes for an awesome experience that will rock your game and will keep you smiling from ear to ear. Plus, installation is SO much easier now!

I was testing the mod the other day and I was amazed at the awesome effects you get on the propellers! You know when a helicopter's blades sometimes seem to be rotating backwards a little bit or rotating very slow even though the blades are rotating at 1,000 mph? Well that's the effect you get with the motor mod. It is simply AWESOME!

My main concern is motor durability and performance. I have tested this mod extensively, and I must say, it delivers a knockout punch! I also love the fact that each plane comes with it's own speed and time controllers. You also get a test button to fine tune your planes to your liking but like I said, I will fine tune them to what I think it's the ideal setting for both. You can play with the settings at anytime until you get what you want.

For example: If all you care about is to have the motors spinning all the time, then you can set the time to longest setting and that will sure keep them running and running. The more shots you hit, the longer and longer the propellers will spin. At the highest setting, the propellers will spin for 15 seconds when activated. It doesn't matter if the flasher cuts off. The motors will spin for 15 seconds. Now, lets say you hit the left ramp, and then hit the single drop target while the motors are still spinning from the initial left ramp shot, then you just added another 15 seconds because you hit the single drop target. So you are getting 30 seconds of spin for those 2 shots. If then you hit another shot, you add another 15 seconds and so on and so forth. The planes will stop spinning after 15 seconds have passed and no other shots have been registered. If this is something you want from your planes, all you do is set the timer to longest and rock on!

But if you are the type of player that likes to be rewarded with a nice spin for every shot you make, then you will most likely stick to the settings I'll place on your motor mod. The setting I prefer is the one that rewards you every time you hit a shot. It is a combination of speed and time between both planes since the propellers on each plane are very different from each other and one weighs more than the other. The Tiger moth propeller is super lightweight. The fighter propeller is a bit heavier. I will fine tune them so both start and stop spinning at the same time, at a medium to high speed that will activate them every time you make a shot. This way, you get the satisfaction of being rewarded with a spin for making a corresponding shot.

The beauty of the motor mod is that you have speed and time options now. The original design is governed by the flasher and speed and time depend on how long and fast the flasher flickers. Is it a bad thing? Not at all! But there's not denying the motor mod will extend and enhance your experience in a big way!

I also like that fact that the motor mod comes with regulators and capacitors that protect the motors and keep them running cool. The motors have been tested running continuously for an hour and the unit and the motors don't warm up given how well put together this mod is. The capacitors and regulators have been beefed up for the final version to get customers an added layer of protection.

Let's not forget about the fighter led board! This board fits the fighter plane perfectly and the leds look awesome! It's a much better design that the led harness that's for sure!

Finishing points:

For those in Batch 5: We know you already paid for the LED harness, so your price for the motor mod will be $ 75 and you will get the led board included to replace the original led harness you initially got. You get the complete package.

Do you have to get the new mod? No, you do not. Please don't feel pressured because that's not what we are trying to do here. You will get a set of fully working planes because that's what you paid for and I will deliver that without you having to spend any extra money.

Do I think you should get the mod if you can afford it? ABSOLUTELY! The mod is a thing of beauty and you will be very happy with it.

Can this mod be added later? NO! Once I put your planes together, that's it! There's no going back.

Are we working on a retrofit package for previous customers? Yes we are but it's not guaranteed, but we are doing everything we can to make it happen for you.

Are you being short changed or will your planes be inferior if you don't get the mod? NO, but the mod does enhance the experience in an awesome way!

Will my planes look different if I get the mod? No, the look will be the same you requested.

This is a very professional looking kit that Ricochet spent hours working on and I'm personally very impressed with the results. It was a team effort in a lot of ways but Ricochet hit a home run with this mod!

I do need to know who's in and who's out. 3 Tiger moths are fully assembled with the original design and those were/are going to the first 3 people on the list. These planes were built before the mod was made and I do need to assign them to somebody. If there's somebody out there that does not want the new motor mod, then I can assign one of these Tiger moths to you and get your planes out faster and give others the chance to get the motor mod on both planes.

If everybody want the motor mod, the other option would be to sell these 3 fully working Tiger moths to people that are not on the list or in Batch 6. They are ready to ship.

In the event that all of Batch 5 wants the motor mod, then the first 3 people will get the Tiger moth's that are already built and you will have the option to either get the motor mod for the fighter plane only or just get the fighter plane without the motor mod.

I cannot just forget about the 3 Tiger moths that are already built because they are beautiful, work great and I spent a lot of hours working on them.

Again, planes with the original design will be fully working!

Please think about this new awesome mod and let me know asap! You must contact me first so I keep things organized, then I'll direct you over to Ricochet for payment. Please don't skip this step. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

#2269 2 years ago

Motor pcb

BD319D7E-FE0D-4AA9-A13E-6E97012879C7 (resized).jpegBD319D7E-FE0D-4AA9-A13E-6E97012879C7 (resized).jpeg
#2270 2 years ago

Test button and speed and time controls

C2BE9F8D-EC20-479F-A802-161FC09A13B6 (resized).jpegC2BE9F8D-EC20-479F-A802-161FC09A13B6 (resized).jpeg
#2271 2 years ago

Harness with connectors for easy install

344A7BF7-4F05-4253-93AC-4939B4910628 (resized).jpeg344A7BF7-4F05-4253-93AC-4939B4910628 (resized).jpeg
#2272 2 years ago

Original led harness vs Awesome LED board

23FE574F-B52A-4219-BAE0-AE0D8A335137 (resized).jpeg23FE574F-B52A-4219-BAE0-AE0D8A335137 (resized).jpeg55BB1285-F1C4-45E5-813B-40B6572A1574 (resized).jpeg55BB1285-F1C4-45E5-813B-40B6572A1574 (resized).jpeg78200E9C-5C69-4349-A8A8-36DC263EC773 (resized).jpeg78200E9C-5C69-4349-A8A8-36DC263EC773 (resized).jpeg

#2273 2 years ago

I forgot to mention you will get a full set of instructions and the motor pbc board is fully mountable under your playfield for a clean install!

#2274 2 years ago

Great upgrade! I want it on my planes thanks

#2275 2 years ago
Quoted from Kungen:

Great upgrade! I want it on my planes thanks

Awesome! I'll wait for the rest to respond so I can keep things organized. Thanks!

#2276 2 years ago

I'd like the upgrade as well, please. Great job by both of you!

#2277 2 years ago

In for the upgrade.

#2278 2 years ago

#Me2ModMovement

This is one me too movement we can all get behind. Please add it to my planes and let us know when to send the $$. Seems like a great improvement.

#2279 2 years ago

I'm still in for all the upgrades/mods for the planes including these latest additions.

#2280 2 years ago

Also in for the upgrades!!!

#2281 2 years ago

Put me in for the upgrades please! Thanks!

#2282 2 years ago

Keep in mind what you are looking at in these pictures are prototypes... (you see green wires and solder paste blobs). These are not the production boards. The production boards may vary from what you are seeing in the preview here... and will certainly be cleaner and will have no re-work on them

#2283 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Keep in mind what you are looking at in these pictures are prototypes... (you see green wires and solder paste blobs). These are not the production boards. The production boards may vary from what you are seeing in the preview here... and will certainly be cleaner and will have no re-work on them

Oh yeah...That too

#2284 2 years ago

Hi KornFreak28

Please count me in for the motor mod.

Could you post an updated list of all batches?

#2285 2 years ago

I will post the updated list once I get an answer from everybody. I already got some that confirmed wanting the mod via PM but let’s post it here. Much faster for me than checking individual PMs

#2286 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I will post the updated list once I get an answer from everybody. I already got some that confirmed wanting the mod via PM but let’s post it here. Much faster for me than checking individual PMs

Ok. Just to be safe I'll post here too. Orlandu81 - Batch 5 - YES to the motor mod

#2287 2 years ago

Guys, Please respond asap as I need fo start building planes. I’ll wait a couple more days. Thanks!

#2288 2 years ago

hmm.. I'm in batch 6 I believe (but hopefully 5?) - and just wanted the fighter plane.
I assume I can get the new mod into the fighter plane and don't need both planes to have it?

#2289 2 years ago
Quoted from fanuminski:

hmm.. I'm in batch 6 I believe (but hopefully 5?) - and just wanted the fighter plane.
I assume I can get the new mod into the fighter plane and don't need both planes to have it?

Yes, you can use the mod for one or both planes. If you later get the second plane, you can easily plug into the pcb. It’s that easy.

#2290 2 years ago

I want the new mod...how much of a delay does this put on my order?

#2291 2 years ago

Great mod I am In for the upgrade also.

#2292 2 years ago

Yeah the production run looks a little different...

Just sayin’

3EF57E6A-EC35-4C03-953A-79A25B973412 (resized).jpeg3EF57E6A-EC35-4C03-953A-79A25B973412 (resized).jpeg

#2293 2 years ago

Hello Korn, I’m in for the motor mod upgrade. Just let me know when to send Jim the payment. Tim

#2294 2 years ago
Quoted from Scandell:

I want the new mod...how much of a delay does this put on my order?

Actually these units will be ready an less than 2 weeks so not much of a delay. You got to remember that I'll be going in order though. I painted a bunch of planes already and got ahead of the game but had to stop to give you guys the opportunity to get this mod because it's got to be installed before I put your planes together.

#2295 2 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Hello Korn, I’m in for the upgrade. Just let me know when to send Jim the payment. Tim

Sure will! I just need to get the list organized and see who's in and who's out....

#2296 2 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yeah the production run looks a little different...
Just sayin’
[quoted image]

As you guys can see, there will be an expansion port on the motor pcb for the next add-on we are currently discussing. I can't talk about it too much at this point but if things go according to plan, it will be an incredible add-on for the planes. I'll provide more details when the mod is closer to becoming a reality. For now, it's all about the motor mod! Thanks!

#2297 2 years ago

I'm in for plane mod 2.0

#2298 2 years ago

Hi Korn,

sorry if I missed it but what is the cost of this mod please?

QSS

#2299 2 years ago

Hi Korn, please count me in for both plane mods and the motor mod upgrade. Please let me know how and what to pay. Thanks! Scott

#2300 2 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Hi Korn,
sorry if I missed it but what is the cost of this mod please?
QSS

For Batch 5 is 75 and it replaces your led harness with the led board

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,419.00
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.00
14,000 (OBO)
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
$ 12.95
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service/page/46?hl=turtlemaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.