20240311_141734 (resized).jpg
IMG_6087 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6076 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6078 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6073 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 74.
#1101 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I do have an unrelated question... when running the flasher tests, I didnt see anything happen when I tried to test the "dogfight" flasher (i hope I'm remembering the right name). Does anyone know where this flasher is located? Maybe I have another blown flasher bulb. Thanks all.

There are 3 flashers under the rh ramp. I think it’s one of those.

#1102 5 years ago

Thanks. I'll check it out. Alright... I'm done hijacking George's thread.

#1103 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I do have an unrelated question... when running the flasher tests, I didnt see anything happen when I tried to test the "dogfight" flasher (i hope I'm remembering the right name). Does anyone know where this flasher is located? Maybe I have another blown flasher bulb. Thanks all.

Just got home...The Leds should turn on

#1104 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Thanks. I'll check it out. Alright... I'm done hijacking George's thread.

Let me show you my connections. Did you hook both planes to the same flasher? Just hook the biplane to the opposite side.

#1105 5 years ago

Secure like so

81D36888-57F5-4B6A-B2F4-678E47306B7A (resized).jpeg81D36888-57F5-4B6A-B2F4-678E47306B7A (resized).jpeg
#1106 5 years ago

Fighter led connector

104347E0-F88E-4922-A176-FADC3FC82AE9 (resized).jpeg104347E0-F88E-4922-A176-FADC3FC82AE9 (resized).jpeg
#1107 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Dogfight flasher are your fighter plane leds

#1108 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Adoy, of course. Sorry poster for the misinformation.

#1109 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

On my machine , the leds on the fighter flash when the "plane/super ball" flasher is activated. When I try to test the "dogfight hurryup" flasher, nothing happens.

#1110 5 years ago

George - thanks for the connection pictures. I hooked mine up exactly as you have yours. Props are spinning perfectly! I must say, though, with the airball protector installed, I have about 1 cm of clearance between the biplane prop and the glass! 1 cm is enough though!

#1111 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

George - thanks for the connection pictures. I hooked mine up exactly as you have yours. Props are spinning perfectly! I must say, though, with the airball protector installed, I have about 1 cm of clearance between the biplane prop and the glass! 1 cm is enough though!

Glad to hear that! Yes, the clearance part is beyond my control unfortunately. Some will have issues, some won’t. How about the fighter clearance top and bottom with glass on?

#1112 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

On my machine , the leds on the fighter flash when the "plane/super ball" flasher is activated. When I try to test the "dogfight hurryup" flasher, nothing happens.

Yes, the plane super ball makes your leds to flash. You are good. You’ll notice them flashing every now and then during the game

#1113 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

I believe the “dog hurryup” is a different flasher Glen

#1114 5 years ago

So I’m guessing you are getting lots of action hooked to the ruins flasher ?

#1115 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

So I’m guessing you are getting lots of action hooked to the ruins flasher ?

Tons. Both planes are going nuts at the right times.

#1116 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Glad to hear that! Yes, the clearance part is beyond my control unfortunately. Some will have issues, some won’t. How about the fighter clearance top and bottom with glass on?

There's plenty of room for the fighter.

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I believe the “dog hurryup” is a different flasher Glen

Does you know where it is located? I have to find it!! Also, based on the name "plane super ball" flasher, should the super ball button near the start button flash when the fighter leds flash? I'm assuming so but mine does not. Maybe another bulb issue...

#1118 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I guess I could change over to Davi's one-piece plastic/protector (once they are available) and that would probably give me another 1/8". No biggie... it's working fine right now!

#1119 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Does you know where it is located? I have to find it!! Also, based on the name "plane super ball" flasher, should the super ball button near the start button flash when the fighter leds flash? I'm assuming so but mine does not. Maybe another bulb issue...

It’s this one. You may have another dead flasher down there?

F4D28870-D935-4C7B-9B90-483FF06E1D7E (resized).jpegF4D28870-D935-4C7B-9B90-483FF06E1D7E (resized).jpeg
#1120 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

It’s this one. You may have another dead flasher down there?[quoted image]

Oh okay. I have to go check it out. Thank you. Does your "super ball" button flash when the fighter leds flash??

#1121 5 years ago

The super ball button only goes off when the game ends and so do your fighter leds. Yeah maybe you have a dead bulb in there? Service you machine!

Fighter leds should also go off during the game when you hit ramps and stuff when certain inserts are lit.

#1122 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Oh okay. I have to go check it out. Thank you. Does your "super ball" button flash when the fighter leds flash??

The button only flashes at the end of the game when it gives you the oppotunity to get a super ball.

It should’t flash during the game. Your fighter leds should go off during the game as well as when a super ball is being offered.

#1123 5 years ago

Btw, there’s your ETA

#1124 5 years ago

Guys, quick update here as well:

I have 3 good news about airball protector.

1. The first version was digitally printed, but I was not fully satisfied. It was nice, but I wanted to create the best available, that's why the complete process has been changed to ink-silkscreen printing. This is much more time consuming compared to digital printing: stencil for each color, color mixing, screen print one by one, and color by color.
The result: more vivid colors, better coverage.

2. Another good news, beside the quality improvement: I am not going to change the price.

3. "Oh my God, when this will be ready?" The answer is: the entire batch is ready, I am going to send out next week.

I have very few left, and that's it, this is the first and last batch. When they are gone they are gone.

Have a great weekend!

20190112_114459 (resized).jpg20190112_114459 (resized).jpg20190112_114601 (resized).jpg20190112_114601 (resized).jpg20190112_124750 (resized).jpg20190112_124750 (resized).jpg
#1125 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

1. The first version was digitally printed, but I was not fully satisfied. It was nice, but I wanted to create the best available, that's why the complete process has been changed to ink-silkscreen printing. This is much more time consuming compared to digital printing: stencil for each color, color mixing, screen print one by one, and color by color.
2. Another good news, beside the quality improvement: I am not going to change the price.
3. "Oh my God, when this will be ready?" The answer is: the entire batch is ready, I am going to send out next week.
I have very few left, and that's it, this is the first and last batch. When they are gone they are gone.
Have a great weekend!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the update! Can’t wait to get mine!

#1126 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

The button only flashes at the end of the game when it gives you the oppotunity to get a super ball.
It should’t flash during the game. Your fighter leds should go off during the game as well as when a super ball is being offered.

Super ball flasher was a loose connection. That's fixed. When during the game would you be offered a superball? What is it?

#1127 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Have a great weekend!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How much are they and are they all spoken for? Thanks

#1128 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Btw, there’s your ETA

Don't be a weisenheimer!!

#1129 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Super ball flasher was a loose connection. That's fixed. When during the game would you be offered a superball? What is it?

I’ve been mistaken mostly so far, might as well keep the trend going here...

Superball is offered after 3rd ball is drained and you have, what, 10 seconds to decide to play one more ball in game.

#1130 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

What underlord said.

Just drain all 3 balls, end the game and you’ll see it. Your props won’t spin since they are hooked to the ruins flasher but your leds will.

I believe somehow the ruins flasher and the dogfight leds are connected tho. Sometimes when you hit a ramp both flashers will go off at the same time

#1131 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

How much are they and are they all spoken for? Thanks

PM sent.

#1132 5 years ago

Underlord and Glen: Did you guys run the biplane wires down the left ramp or directly underneath (like Guzz suggested) the Jackpot plastic? Just wondering which method you liked best

#1133 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Underlord and Glen: Did you guys run the biplane wires down the left ramp or directly underneath (like Guzz suggested) the Jackpot plastic? Just wondering which method you liked best

I ran the wire under the plastic. Plenty of room.

#1134 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I ran it under the plastic too. Real easy.

#1135 5 years ago

Check out the wing strips on this Tiger! Suberb job by Paul! I went ahead and chrome painted them and I think they look fantastic!

I also installed Indy and the window on 2 biplanes. Dr. Jones will go last after motor install.

E6E1E7E2-6CD1-42A2-918C-4F6BF59F5D94 (resized).jpegE6E1E7E2-6CD1-42A2-918C-4F6BF59F5D94 (resized).jpeg5DC97FD8-01F7-4049-B57B-A98AA532088C (resized).jpeg5DC97FD8-01F7-4049-B57B-A98AA532088C (resized).jpegF70E3ECF-CF58-47BA-860B-A947A57D2AF3 (resized).jpegF70E3ECF-CF58-47BA-860B-A947A57D2AF3 (resized).jpeg
#1136 5 years ago

So things have been moving pretty fast these last couple of days. Pending motors, I pretty much finished 2 more orders today. Next up is Bently Bear, Scooter and Cheeks. Please PM me again and tell me what you want done just so we are on the same page. No need to mention the Tiger moth since all of them will look the same.

Ramjet, Keys and Scooter, please give me your real name via PM. Sorry, I'm a one man show and it's hard to keep up sometimes. Thanks!

#1137 5 years ago

Initial fitment of the figures in my Tiger moth. I figured I better test and install them on my own plane first in order to do a better job on my customer’s planes

A9A098DE-EDC6-4955-8A35-7956384C29DE (resized).jpegA9A098DE-EDC6-4955-8A35-7956384C29DE (resized).jpegEF836EB0-D3C2-44D6-8160-8A93649647FF (resized).jpegEF836EB0-D3C2-44D6-8160-8A93649647FF (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#1138 5 years ago

Been busy working on batch 2. I already got 6 more orders that are nearing completion. I’m basically just waiting for an order of motors for these planes and out they go! Currently working on the second half of batch 2.

This particular plane is not fully assembled yet but here’s an example of the grime on the nose. I also added the grime on the wings to create a more realistic look. This one was matte cleared for a more rugged look. Semi-gloss can also be applied if desired

CB0323A7-419B-48C0-A619-1C4F731F98E5 (resized).jpegCB0323A7-419B-48C0-A619-1C4F731F98E5 (resized).jpeg24674E7E-D436-431A-8AEA-961D14CF08DC (resized).jpeg24674E7E-D436-431A-8AEA-961D14CF08DC (resized).jpeg2C030CBC-FBCF-495C-BF25-0F94D7336974 (resized).jpeg2C030CBC-FBCF-495C-BF25-0F94D7336974 (resized).jpeg

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

This particular plane is not fully assembled yet but here’s an example of the grime on the nose. I also added the grime on the wings to create a more realistic look. This one was matte cleared for a more rugged look. Semi-gloss can also be applied if desired

Looks Great!

#1140 5 years ago

Thanks! Even I want one like this for my own game

#1141 5 years ago

I’m also going to offer another Arado in case anybody is interested. A little different paint combo than the first one but pretty much the same

#1142 5 years ago

I like the way this is approached, I like the added figures. personally I do not like to much detail for these planes. The problem is the artwork of the playfield, which is more like a cartoon, with bright colors. The props on the field should copy/extend that look. That is why , although the ruin mods are a great work, I will not buy these. They are to detailed to match the playfield art. The original planes to look like cheap plastic models which they are. An upgrade in that way is nice. Are the figures (Dr.jones and Dad) still available for sale?

#1143 5 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I like the way this is approached, I like the added figures. personally I do not like to much detail for these planes. The problem is the artwork of the playfield, which is more like a cartoon, with bright colors. The props on the field should copy/extend that look. That is why , although the ruin mods are a great work, I will not buy these. They are to detailed to match the playfield art. The original planes to look like cheap plastic models which they are. An upgrade in that way is nice. Are the figures (Dr.jones and Dad) still available for sale?

Thanks! Please contact Paul for figures info.

#1144 5 years ago

If you get around to batch 3

I’m very keen to add these master pieces to my Indy

Thanks

#1145 5 years ago
Quoted from Dicky:

If you get around to batch 3
I’m very keen to add these master pieces to my Indy
Thanks

Thanks!

#1146 5 years ago

OK, that plane you just posted is pretty dope! What "level" of camo is that?

My only concern is how does it match with the biplane that looks all pristine and glossy? The normal glossy fighter looks great next to the biplane because they feel like the same style. Do the biplane and grime fighter still look like they belong in the same scene? I'd love to see what the grime looked like with the gloss. If I paid something for a bit of your time, would you consider doing gloss grime on some spare parts to see how that looks?

#1147 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

OK, that plane you just posted is pretty dope! What "level" of camo is that?
My only concern is how does it match with the biplane that looks all pristine and glossy? The normal glossy fighter looks great next to the biplane because they feel like the same style. Do the biplane and grime fighter still look like they belong in the same scene? I'd love to see what the grime looked like with the gloss. If I paid something for a bit of your time, would you consider doing gloss grime on some spare parts to see how that looks?

So you want me to do the grime with gloss on some spare parts so you can see the difference.....Yeah, I guess I could do that next time I add the grime to an order that’s coming up. I’ll post the pics

#1148 5 years ago

The following pinsiders please PM me and refresh my memory on what you want done. Currectly working on your planes. The first half of batch 2 is done pending motors. Those are on their way.

Cheeks (PM sent already
PACMAN (sent PM already)
R. J.
Kerry Richard
V. Y. Keys88
Mr. Skinner

#1149 5 years ago

Please specify Yellow nose extended or short or none

#1150 5 years ago

Painting up some lil' guys!!

IMG_9839 (resized).JPGIMG_9839 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

There are 3,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service/page/23?hl=davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.