Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Central-Apron-print1 (resized).jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Right-Apron-print1 (resized).jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Right-Apron-print2 (resized).jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Right-Apron-print3 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230126_110450 (resized).jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Aprons-print3.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Aprons-print1.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Aprons-print2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miguel351.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

I knew those Indiana Jones icons looked familiar, and that's because I've been using them on my computer since 2008.
https://iconfactory.com/indianajones/
Don't you think it's a little disingenuous to put "designed by Mikonos" on everything when they're not your designs?

I know why he's doing it and it has to do more with the fact that the art is now in some sort of digital form that can easily be copied, stolen, and/or used by people in the manner he intended, but won't see any payment for. It's kind of the same thing with me when I completely redrew the apron art from TAF. I spent many tens of hours pouring over the scans I made and redrawing the artwork meticulously to make sure it was absolutely 100% dead on. From there, I went and recolored it to mach the rest of the game(something Bally never did as they just kept aprons to two or three colors). I "protected" my work by only uploading low-res jpgs so that no one would be able to just take my artwork and use it however and whenever they want. I did however send said artwork to those that were going to remake the TAF aprons in exchange for one when they started making them, but that never came to fruition and now there's a copy of my original vector artwork out there and I'm afraid of it getting out for anybody and their brother to use. If that happens, I'll be plenty upset, believe me.

Similar thing as when I completely redid the FiFJr artwork to Disney built cabinet accuracy. I was asked to redo that artwork by someone promising to pay me for my time, but never got paid. I spent over one hundred hours making it 99.99% perfect. When I realized he'd never be paying for that much time, I decided that I'd be the one controlling when and where they got printed and shipped out to people. I ended up only printing one set of cabinet art and shipping it out to who I was told was the famously multi-forum banned "K" man. At this point, there's nothing stopping him from scanning my artwork and selling sets of that artwork himself. But that's ok by me! I purposely put some markers/purposeful bits in the artwork that only I know about that will allow me to easily identify it as my artwork that someone must've bought from some unscrupulous soul.

I do regularly do artwork here on the forum for people and their restoration projects for free, but they're very small scale and I can usually crank them out in an hour or so and there is usually nowhere else for the owner to go for such work, so I'm happy to do it. Plus, it keeps the restoration quality up at a slightly higher level as some of these guys I've done work for, have no way of doing the artwork themselves and I like being able to see something like that done correctly and properly the first time.

Granted neither of us own this B/W artwork, it's all PPS's, but it's just a matter of protecting its use by people who can't redraw it themselves and just use the assets we spent many hours recreating. Keep in mind, most really good graphic artists charge $100/hr and up for their services. It's a very special thing to do well, and to have your work just yanked from you without your consent, or when you're not offering it up for free, hurts and really pisses you off.

Can you imagine if someone bought Aurich's original version of The Shadow translite, scanned it, and started selling it themselves? He would rain down fire and brimstone on them!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 29.00
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Miguel351.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-pinball-real-gold-aprons-williams-crowdfunding-project?tu=Miguel351 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.