Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Central-Apron-print1 (resized).jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Right-Apron-print1 (resized).jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Right-Apron-print2 (resized).jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Right-Apron-print3 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230126_110450 (resized).jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Aprons-print3.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Aprons-print1.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Gold-Aprons-print2.jpg
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

"INDIANA JONES PINBALL - REAL GOLDEN APRONS MOD" (WILLIAMS) A crowdfunding project!

- Introduction

Encouraged by the recent successful works I've done with gold metallic vinyl and white ink, I intend to twist the loop. I have chosen a popular pinball to carry out this idea, putting together the idea of ​​printing in gold vinyl and white ink in the original decorations of the aprons of this pinball.

Who I am? My stage name is "Mikonos" and I collect, restore and customize arcade and pinball art for my own entertainment.

I have a 17 year old arcade and pinball fan forum and you can find me there regularly.

I seek to do new things, face new challenges, especially restoration and printing; and give birth to ideas never seen before.

This is the link to my forum, which contains many sections, the ones I love the most are dedicated to the pursuit and restoration of arcade and pinball art, my greatest passion.

link: https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/

- Indiana Jones Pinball Real Gold Aprons Mod with lore friendy designs

The main idea is to consistently choose which colors should be substituted for the metallic gold color in the original pinball apron designs.

Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Aprons-Project-Photo1.jpgIndiana-Jones-Pinball-Aprons-Project-Photo1.jpg

Let's see an example: On the side aprons (left and right), the drawing represents the golden wings of the Egyptian scarab (scarab beetle, an amulet of power); what would become a metallic gold color is the yellow color, the glitter would remain the same, in white, thanks to the white ink, and the red would be maintained thanks to creating a white ink bed.

I hope it turns out to be an interesting idea and people will support it.

I am currently restoring the original designs of the "Indiana Jones Pinball Aprons", just as they are, without vectorizing so as not to lose the artistic hand of the original author.

I will show you a link to the finished restoration work of these "Indiana Jones Pinball Aprons", so that you know how precise my restoration work is, which I consider to be the best in this hobby, and other works that I will publish with vinyl gold and white ink.

- Work process. Your opinion is important to me

How am I going to work on this thread? I will show simulations of how each of the "Indiana Jones Pinball Aprons" printed on metallic gold vinyl and white ink would print and cut, and you can decide if you would turn this or that item into gold or not. I accept opinions and even other customization ideas!

Cheers!

#2 1 year ago

Can't wait too see this

#3 1 year ago

Would love to see that.

Where are you from?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Can't wait too see this

Thank you for your comment! It's great that there is interest!

Cheers!

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from dvdrip:

Would love to see that.
Where are you from?

Thanks!

I live Spain (Europe).

Cheers!

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thank you for your comment! It's great that there is interest!
Cheers!

Yes there's lots of IJ owners would love this I am sure keep up the good work

#7 1 year ago

Yes there's lots of IJ owners would love this I am sure keep up the good work

Great, help me spread the word about this project!

By the way, I already have photos of the first job I've ordered done with gold metallic vinyl and white ink. It is very spectacular and a historical milestone in the reproduction of classic original arcade art. Today I will put some pictures of it for you to check.

Cheers!

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Great, help me spread the word about this project!
By the way, I already have photos of the first job I've ordered done with gold metallic vinyl and white ink. It is very spectacular and a historical milestone in the reproduction of classic original arcade art. Today I will put some pictures of it for you to check.
Cheers!

That's great would love too see them and I am sure every IJ owner would also too get the word out there
Thanks

#9 1 year ago

Ok!, let's go with the gold metallic vinyl printed work that I did for one of the fans of my arcade and pinball art collections, this is "Columns Control Panel Overlay / CPO".

The original art scanned by me had the "SEGA" logo letters in metallic gold, but it wasn't cheap to replicate it like that and not many people would want to pay for this type of printing, but there was one of my users who did. I reworked the file, created the white ink layer, and explained to my habitual printer how I wanted it printed.

I instructed him to take a sheet of gold metallic cut vinyl and put it into the printing plotter with the specification that it load white ink for the machine to read. To finish the job, I asked the printer that the print be laminated with a rough/hard protective layer, just like the original, that is, you go, to see through the photos, the print with a protective layer that nuances the beautiful resulting work, but live it's amazing!

Gold metallic vinyl.jpgGold metallic vinyl.jpg

Here comes the moment of truth! I upload a couple of photos of the result, but there are some more in the original thread where I restored this arcade art step by step. I leave the link to the thread at the end of the photos.

"Columns Control Panel Overlay" (SEGA) in back color printed in vinyl, white ink, real metallic gold color with hard / rough protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Columns-Control-Panel-Overlay-Sega-Gold-print2.JPG
Columns-Control-Panel-Overlay-Sega-Gold-print2.JPGColumns-Control-Panel-Overlay-Sega-Gold-print2.JPG
"Columns Control Panel Overlay" (SEGA) in back color printed in vinyl, white ink, <b>real metallic gold color</b> with hard / rough protective lamination (photo 4).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Columns-Control-Panel-Overlay-Sega-Gold-print4.JPG
Columns-Control-Panel-Overlay-Sega-Gold-print4.JPGColumns-Control-Panel-Overlay-Sega-Gold-print4.JPG
More photos here:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=62419051#entry459490864

Comment that, if you want to explore the complete thread, you will see this same work printed on vinyl with a rough/hard protective lamination, but with a color that simulates the gold color, so that you can compare them.

Cheers!

#10 1 year ago

Well, I guess the printed reproduction of "Columns Control Panel Overlay" (SEGA) doesn't look like much. It may be that the photos do not represent well the beauty of this work and the possibilities of working with the metallic gold vinyl and the white ink, but you will see it later.

Let's get to the matter at hand! I have finished the restoration of the original arts of "Indiana Jones Pinball Aprons" (WILLIAMS). I have remained reliable and have kept the hand of the original cartoonist and improved some printing errors and corrected the dies, since I have centered them. It's the best restoration you can get in the hobby.

I show a summary image of the restoration of "Indiana Jones Pinball Aprons" (WILLIAMS) of my authorship.
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Aprons-Summary-Restored-Mikonos.jpgIndiana-Jones-Pinball-Aprons-Summary-Restored-Mikonos.jpg
You can see high resolution images in my original thread for this restoration here:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=62637795#entry459354042

The next step will be to convert the image files for use on gold vinyl, with the white vinyl layers. I will also show simulations of the result.

Cheers!

#11 1 year ago

Coming along keep it up

#12 1 year ago

I hope you understand what I'm doing through the explanatory images of the simulation.

"Indiana Jones Pinball Shooter Apron" (WILLIAMS) Gold Mod Edition for to print on gold metallic vinyl and white ink in Zona Arcade by Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Shooter-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Shooter-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1.jpgIndiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Shooter-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1.jpg
You can comment on my work and if you want the metallic gold color to be applied to other areas, for example, through certain elements that can be converted from opaque to translucent.

At first, I don't plan to use this technique, because the main idea is gold metallic vinyl without altering the color, but later on, I could use silver metallic vinyl and get variations from normal colors to metallic colors of any shade. For example, I could dress the tips of the spears in the color metallic gray in shooter apron.

Cheers!

#13 1 year ago

"Indiana Jones Pinball Right Apron" (WILLIAMS) Gold Mod Edition for to print on gold metallic vinyl and white ink in Zona Arcade by Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Right-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1.jpg

Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Right-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1.jpgIndiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Right-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1.jpg

#14 1 year ago

That looks really good. Well done

#15 1 year ago

Yes looks really good

#16 1 year ago

Thanks for your comments!

Yes, with the simulation, it is easier to anticipate the final result.

Cheers!

#17 1 year ago

"Indiana Jones Pinball Central Apron" (WILLIAMS) Gold Mod Edition for to print on gold metallic vinyl and white ink in Zona Arcade by Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Center-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1.jpg

Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Center-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1.jpgIndiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Center-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1.jpg
1 week later
#18 1 year ago

"Indiana Jones Pinball Left Apron" (WILLIAMS) Gold Mod Edition for to print on gold metallic vinyl and white ink in Zona Arcade by Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Left-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1.jpg

Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Left-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1 (resized).jpgIndiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Left-Apron-Restored-Mikonos1 (resized).jpg
#19 1 year ago

Artworks are finished! How many people are interested in this customization for to order to print it? I need 3 people interested in it for to get a good price. Only 3!

Cheers!

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Artworks are finished! How many people are interested in this customization for to order to print it? I need 3 people interested in it for to get a good price. Only 3!
Cheers!

What is the price?

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Sehested:

What is the price?

I can get a reasonable price for such quality work. Take in your mind that this work need:

1) White ink
2) Metallic gold vinyl
3) Gloss protective lamination
4) Die cut

Beside all this, I order all my artworks at maximum quality: 16 inkjet slices, and U.V. protective laminations. I choose the best of the best, because my restoration are the best in this hobby. I'm not a modest fake. My fan work is far above what professional shops offer.

With 3 interested in users, I can reach this reasonable price. If not, this printed result will be unique and exclusive and it will have a good price justified because it. I know that result will be amazing and user will get something perfect and amazing by me.

Write me here and I tell you how much it will cost and shipping for you:

[email protected]

Cheers!

#22 1 year ago

I’m interested, but curious why you can’t be transparent on pricing?

#23 1 year ago

Thanks for asking me this question!

I do not show a price because I am not a seller and this thread is not for selling an item. If I wanted to sell something indiscriminately, I would have opened a sales thread in the appropriate subforum.

This thread is a creation thread, where I expose an idea with which the user may or may not identify. If someone is really interested in this item, user will write to my email.

My greatest interest is in making this work a reality, at least once; after that, I will move on to the next project.

I do it for my own entertainment, that's why I don't have any sales thread, it's not my goal.

Cheers

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Thanks for asking me this question!
I do not show a price because I am not a seller and this thread is not for selling an item. If I wanted to sell something indiscriminately, I would have opened a sales thread in the appropriate subforum.
This thread is a creation thread, where I expose an idea with which the user may or may not identify. If someone is really interested in this item, user will write to my email.
My greatest interest is in making this work a reality, at least once; after that, I will move on to the next project.
I do it for my own entertainment, that's why I don't have any sales thread, it's not my goal.
Cheers

So, you are selling something, but won’t tell me the price? That seems odd. Please post the price. Thank you.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

So, you are selling something, but won’t tell me the price? That seems odd. Please post the price. Thank you.

I would be interested as well. Let me know if you find out how much.

#26 1 year ago

I think he's trying too say he's not the one that sells he just does the computer side of things ,not sure

#27 1 year ago

I think he's trying too say he's not the one that sells he just does the computer side of things ,not sure

No, he sells all kinds of items, like custom apron cards. I’m just confused why he can’t post a price publicly? I’d buy this IJ set if it was reasonably priced. I’m guessing it’s not reasonably priced though. Maybe that’s why the price isn’t listed, but I have no idea. It’s a very strange situation if you ask me.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

I can get a reasonable price for such quality work. Take in your mind that this work need:
1) White ink
2) Metallic gold vinyl
3) Gloss protective lamination
4) Die cut
Beside all this, I order all my artworks at maximum quality: 16 inkjet slices, and U.V. protective laminations. I choose the best of the best, because my restoration are the best in this hobby. I'm not a modest fake. My fan work is far above what professional shops offer.
With 3 interested in users, I can reach this reasonable price. If not, this printed result will be unique and exclusive and it will have a good price justified because it. I know that result will be amazing and user will get something perfect and amazing by me.
Write me here and I tell you how much it will cost and shipping for you:
[email protected]
Cheers!

You are discussing selling this and also pricing it in this post. But you’re not selling anything??? That’s strange. Just tell us the price for one or if you can get three people to jump in, tell us that price. Pretty simple if you ask me.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

You are discussing selling this and also pricing it in this post. But you’re not selling anything??? That’s strange. Just tell us the price for one or if you can get three people to jump in, tell us that price. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Ya not really sure why ether

#30 1 year ago

Users, dear users, explaining it again would be useless Look, this arkwork has to speak for itself, it has to find its own interested users, who understand its value and its exceptionality above a certain price.

It always works, it can take more or less time, but each work done by me finds its own users, even before finishing showing them or much later (even years later). Let's look at an example, an example just before this one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-custom-pinball-aprons-stern-4k-ai-project

As I have already mentioned, I am not interested in exploiting my work commercially, that is why I let each thread die when I have printed a specific work, at least once. That is why I do not have sales threads, because I get bored doing it over and over again the same.

My engine is my own entertainment. It is difficult to understand and therefore I will clash with certain users. I accept it!

The next time I write in this thread will be when I have some results printed, maybe in a week, in a month or in a few years.

Cheers!

#32 1 year ago

Looking for the price gouging price? Maybe it’s real gold? Lol

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

Looking for the price gouging price? Maybe it’s real gold? Lol

The price is so high that he won’t post it. Yowza.

#34 1 year ago

My guess is he doesn't have the rights to sell this, so he's trying to do it under the table.

#35 1 year ago

Gold sounds like it would be nice. That's why people are interested and asking for the price.

But look at the picture he included in his first post. The yellow in the existing apron art goes much better with all the yellow areas on the playfield. I think the yellow looks much better than changing to gold would look. And for that reason . . . I'm out.

1 month later
#36 1 year ago

While I have been waiting for the fan who dares with this mod (I already found him), others interested in the normal restoration have appeared. I show you some photos of "Indiana Jones Pinball Aprons" printed results restored by me.

"Indiana Jones Pinball Aprons" (WILLIAMS) reproduction artworks printed on 3M vinyl with stronger glue, gloss protective lamination and precut (resume photo).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Aprons-print4.JPG
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Aprons-print4.jpgIndiana-Jones-Pinball-Aprons-print4.jpg
More photos here (big photos):

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=62637795#entry459826480

I will start uploading photos of "Indiana Jones Pinball Aprons - Gold Mod" (WILLIAMS) in one or two weeks, I'm waiting photos from user who installed gold mod aprons in his pinball and other surprise.

Cheers!

#37 1 year ago

Interesting thread. About a decade ago, I had bought some similar metallic gold drop target decals for my IJ from some mystery seller online. When those decals finally gave out, the seller was long gone, so about two years ago I decided to make my own to replace them:
IJ Gold Drop TargetIJ Gold Drop Target
You can also see my version of the gold apron decals:
Gold Shooter DecalGold Shooter Decal
Gold Apron DecalGold Apron Decal
These ones are actually magnets, so they're non-destructive. They lift right in and out, without ruining the originals.

#38 1 year ago

I will bite. Please put me on the 'maybe' list once you settle on a price.

#39 1 year ago

Hi @AaronZOOM!

It is a similar idea, I chose no mirror metallic vinyl for to avoid distorted reflexes of this material and because, under certain conditions, reflections make it appear black. It must be taken into account that the "aprons" are not exposed to the light from playfield. This was my reasoning.

I would like to know the central apron for to know if you took the same decisions as me.

Thanks for posting!

Cheers!

#40 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

Hi AaronZOOM!
It is a similar idea, I chose no mirror metallic vinyl for to avoid distorted reflexes of this material and because, under certain conditions, reflections make it appear black. It must be taken into account that the "aprons" are not exposed to the light from playfield. This was my reasoning.
I would like to know the central apron for to know if you took the same decisions as me.
Thanks for posting!
Cheers!

I don't have it installed, but here's a pic of the central decal:
middle decalmiddle decal

#41 1 year ago

@AaronZOOM, I saw you took the same decisions that me about central apron. I considered some possibilities, like turning the yellow color of the pyramids to blue or creating a translucent layer that would make the sand darker, as well as the light shadow of the pyramids.

One thing I do in my decorations is to create my own reference points for the cutting plotter, so I avoid deviations. I see that your "central apron" has been somewhat deviated up-leftwards. In "shooter apron" is perfect!

Look:
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Aprons-Restored-Mikonos1.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Aprons-Restored-Mikonos1 (resized).jpgIndiana-Jones-Pinball-Golden-Aprons-Restored-Mikonos1 (resized).jpg
Before I let my printer put the marks, because this is something that a client does not know how to do, mainly because he does not have to know about printing and does not know the brand and model of the cutting plotter. The pieces that I ordered sometimes came out correct and others with small deviations in the cut.

One day I asked this information to my printer and, as you can see, I know: the encoding for the cut vector, the protocol for the crop marks and the protocol for the white ink.

My printer has saved a lot of work, because I do it for him, and I win that no one manipulates my files, and I win the most important thing, that everything is perfect now: alignment of the cut and white ink.

Cheers!

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikonos:

One thing I do in my decorations is to create my own reference points for the cutting plotter, so I avoid deviations. I see that your "central apron" has been somewhat deviated up-leftwards. In "shooter apron" is perfect!

Though I had set the cutlines myself, this was an unfortunate cutting error caused by my printing company. It's why I don't have an installed pic of the central decal - I'm still waiting on the corrected version. In printing many different decals over the years, it's the first time I had recieved a misaligned cut from them.

#43 1 year ago

I thought your "Indiana Jones Pinball Aprons" (WILLIAMS) mod was from several years ago but it's very, very recent. I developed this mod 2 months ago and ordered it to be printed 2 weeks later, I think.

I saw your shiny "Indiana Jones Pinball Custom Rounded Targets" (WILLIAMS)", are so similar tu my project from October 2017. Here is:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=60316222

I saw you used mirror vinyl and white ink. For to resolve the problem of "yellow color that turns in green color with light reflexion", for example, in Idol target, did you use gold mirror vinyl with it?

I like to chat with other artists, like myself, about technical problems I've had in the past and how they solved it. For example, the first time I ran into this "green effect" problem was with "Star Trek The Next Generation Aprons" (WILLIAMS) reproduction. These aprons are made in silkscreen on the metallic apron; to make the reproductions in December 2015, I had to print on metallic vinyl and get a golden tone for the yellow, the interaction of the yellow with the metallic gray of the vinyl was too light and under certain angles of light refraction, the golden color was seen in phosphor green . I solved this problem by replacing the yellow color with the khaki color, typical of the simulation of the gold color; its interaction with the metallic gray color of the vinyl did the rest. You can see it here:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=58352805#entry412362185

Cheers!

#44 1 year ago

This is my actual apron mod from several years ago:
ApronMagnet_2 (resized).jpgApronMagnet_2 (resized).jpg
The metallic drop targets and stand ups came shortly after that, but I didn't print any metallic apron decals at the time because I didn't need them. Always nice for a refresh after a few years, and since I did them all as magnets I can swap at my leisure.

I didn't have an issue with the interaction between yellow ink and the metallic backing. The foil doesn't have much of a grey undertone, being a bright mirror finish, so the coloured metallics turned out as expected:
IJStandupDecals2 (1) (resized).jpgIJStandupDecals2 (1) (resized).jpg

#45 1 year ago

Your Big Magnetic Apron is so interested. I think I would have also chosen to add some magnetic cards. The good thing is that I can place them anywhere on the magnetic apron.

Speaking about pinball cards and the matter of the interaction of yellow ink with metallic vinyl, yes, I have to mention what happened to me with an HP plotter from my usual printer, however, when I have printed my personalized pinball cards, this did not occur or was almost imperceptible. In this case I used a very heavy offset print.

I put some examples looking for different reflections:

IMPORTANT: Use my own links for to see full quality photos.

This is light metallic vinyl:
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/light%20metallic%20vinyl.%20Mikonos.jpg
Light Metallic Vinyl. Mikonos.jpgLight Metallic Vinyl. Mikonos.jpg

"Indiana Jones Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (WILLIAMS) printed in light metallic vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Indiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Rules2-Mikonos1c.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Rules2-Mikonos1c.jpgIndiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Rules2-Mikonos1c.jpg
"Indiana Jones Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (WILLIAMS) printed in light metallic vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Indiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Rules2-Mikonos2c.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Rules2-Mikonos2c.jpgIndiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Rules2-Mikonos2c.jpg
"Indiana Jones Custom Pinball Card - Rules" (WILLIAMS) printed in light metallic vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 3).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Indiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Rules2-Mikonos3c.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Rules2-Mikonos3c.jpgIndiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Rules2-Mikonos3c.jpg
In this card there is much more yellow color

"Indiana Jones Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (WILLIAMS) rev. 2 printed in light metallic vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 1).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Indiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Free-Play2-Mikonos1c.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Free-Play2-Mikonos1c.jpgIndiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Free-Play2-Mikonos1c.jpg
"Indiana Jones Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (WILLIAMS) rev. 2 printed in light metallic vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 2).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Indiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Free-Play2-Mikonos2c.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Free-Play2-Mikonos2c.jpgIndiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Free-Play2-Mikonos2c.jpg
"Indiana Jones Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (WILLIAMS) rev. 2 printed in light metallic vinyl with gloss protective lamination (photo 3).
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/artes/Indiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Free-Play2-Mikonos3c.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Free-Play2-Mikonos3c.jpgIndiana-Jones-Custom-Pinball-Card-Free-Play2-Mikonos3c.jpg
The "green effect" issue has a lot to do with the type of ink, as I understand it.

Cheers!

#46 1 year ago

I've taken a couple of interesting ideas from our conversation, AaronZOOM, for a new print of my "Indiana Jones Custom Rounded Targets" (WILLIAMS), in that I'm going to design some icons on mirror metallic gold vinyl. but only for some elements, for example: Chalice, Ark, Medallion, Cross, Idol stones, wagon. The rest doesn't make sense to turn them into metallic vinyl, or maybe it does.

"Indiana Jones Custom Rounded Targets" (Set 2) for Indiana Jones Pinball (Williams). Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Indiana%20Jones%20Custom%20Circular%20targets%20Set%202.%20Designed%20by%20Mikonos2.jpg

Indiana Jones Custom Circular targets Set 2. Designed by Mikonos2.jpgIndiana Jones Custom Circular targets Set 2. Designed by Mikonos2.jpg

Printed results here:

https://zonaarcade.forumcommunity.net/?t=60316222#entry428428071

I will continue to retain the idea of including the rivet in the precut, because I have seen many vinyls for targets of this type that begin to break around the rivet. I think not so much design is lost by including this precut.

Well, I start posting the printed results of the "Indiana Jones Pinball Gold Aprons" (WILLIAMS) in a few days. I am looking forward to sharing the result with you. I think they have been left with the quality I imagined and I am very happy.

Cheers!

#47 1 year ago

I knew those Indiana Jones icons looked familiar, and that's because I've been using them on my computer since 2008.
https://iconfactory.com/indianajones/

Don't you think it's a little disingenuous to put "designed by Mikonos" on everything when they're not your designs?

#48 1 year ago

Icons are not designed by me.

It is the same thing with "Indiana Jones Pinball Aprons - Gold Mod" (WILLIAMS), the original design is not by me, but all decisions about customization were by me. And the same again with my "Indiana Jones Custom Pinball cards".

You are right!, in all these cases, the original design is not by me, but customization of those ideas, developing and printed options.

Cheers!

#49 1 year ago

As you yourself understand because you are a seller and because you have restored your own aprons and drop targets, and you have had to design the color layers, the white ink layers, the cutting vectors, choose the colors in CMYK and printing materials, it is only fair that this work cannot be despised, it must be given value and authorship as well.

Not only that, imagining things also takes work and it is work that can be quantified, and the ideas also have an author.

"Indiana Jones Pinball - Custom Rounded Artworks" (WILLIAMS)
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Custom-Rounded-targets-By-Mikonos1.jpg
Indiana-Jones-Pinball-Custom-Rounded-targets-By-Mikonos1.jpgIndiana-Jones-Pinball-Custom-Rounded-targets-By-Mikonos1.jpg
Even preparing the decorations for printing takes work. The same as when you make the graphics to explain your idea and seduce fans who may be interested in your idea.

My objective in this is not to sell, it is to realize my ideas and find people interested in them. My goal is to have fun and jump on to the next thing or idea.

Cheers!

#50 1 year ago

All I want is a price for this stuff. Please advise

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,419.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 29.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.95
Wanted
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-pinball-real-gold-aprons-williams-crowdfunding-project/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.