(Topic ID: 196086)

Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure Remake Please!

By Multiballmaniac1

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Soulrider911
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I will give my left nut for a remake of this game. That's all I have to say.

#2 4 years ago

Just buy the wms. There are plenty out there, this title will likely not be remade.

#3 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Just buy the wms. There are plenty out there, this title will likely not be remade.

I guess I can keep that nut too.

#4 4 years ago

Disney will never let that happen

#5 4 years ago

Disney will but the license fee would be huge.

Best way is to do a deal and get a package of licenses from Disney

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ballypinball:

Disney will but the license fee would be huge.
    Best way is to do a deal and get a package of licenses from Disney

OMG buy Tron too! Vault Editions for everyone! Just fork over $8795 and they'll have it to your door.

#7 4 years ago

Like TZ, the bill of materials would be too high.
    Plus there are tons of them out there.

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from jake35:

Seems like this game is reaching Monster Bash levels of pricing very slowly, seen so many recently around $7.5K+.

#9 4 years ago

I am amazed that this playfield hasn't been remade by anyone

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

^^^^ + 1

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I will give my left nut for a remake of this game. That's all I have to say.

There is a restored one in the market for $7k delivered and u can keep ur nutz.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

You need a license to remake the PF. I'm quite sure someone has tried.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

Like TZ, the bill of materials would be too high.
    Plus there are tons of them out there.

Never understood the "tons of them out there" argument with regards to remakes - the ONLY thing that matters is the price. And in fact a game like IJ or TZ with a bajillion made that still fetches $5k+ suggests steady, strong demand in spite of healthy supply (whereas BBB may be so expensive in large part because of the perceived tiny supply).

Doesn't mean IJ would ever be remade, licensing could be tricky and BOM could potentially be an issue (though no one at Pinside seems to have much idea if it's a $300 or $3000 issue). But if everything else aligned, it would be silly not to remake a top 10 pin that sells for $5k+ in so-so condition just because there are a bunch of them out there.

#15 4 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

You need a license to remake the PF. I'm quite sure someone has tried.

Mirco ran STTNG some years back. I'm guessing the license was acquired for that. It can be done

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Mirco ran STTNG some years back. I'm guessing the license was acquired for that. It can be done

I'm not saying that it can't be. What I'm saying is im sure someone, like Mirco, has looked into it and did not get anywhere. An IJ PF run would be successful. There's no question. Something (like licensing costs/issues) has prevented that from happening.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I'm not saying that it can't be. What I'm saying is im sure someone, like Mirco, has looked into it and did not get anywhere. An IJ PF run would be successful. There's no question. Something (like licensing costs/issues) has prevented that from happening.

Fact that Pinball Arcade never remade the IJ table seems like a negative sign as well (I think I read statements from them on their forum that they took a run at it and licensing was a killer). Where there's a $ there's a way, of course -- we've all been to Disneyland, we all know they love that green -- but licensing for IJ might prove expensive compared to other games that would see similar sales numbers.

#18 4 years ago

I'm actually one of those odd balls that hopes there is not a remake. Have to leave some of the classics to be be... well... Classics. I think it totally detracts from the uniqueness and rarity of original once a game is remade - just an opinion. I also could be biased cause I was lucky enough to find a nice Indy.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!