IMG_3169 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3192 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3187 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3200 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3199 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3276 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3268 (resized).jpeg
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Yet another documented playfield swap for IJPA.

For the past 3 years, I've been looking for an IJPA. Finally pulled the trigger on a partially restored one. The one I got had a sold cabinet with new decals installed. Boards in decent shape. Currently has Rottendog driver board, but I have Coin-op fixing the original board.

I purchased new reproduction playfield from Mirco. Looks to be in great shape.

I've done a few swaps on older pins (Bally ST, High Speed, and Space Shuttle), but never a more modern pin. In many respects, I think it will be easier since there are not extensive ground braids.

My strategy is to do individual sections one at a time and add molex connectors for key mechs like slingshots and pop bumpers. I may even do more, but at least those key ones. A little more up front work, but in the end will make cleaning and moving much easier. Also, I much prefer any soldering work off the playfield, not while things are attached.

As I go, I will sonic clean all parts and polish where warranted. Anything seen or involved in mechanics will get plenty of TLC.

Will capture lessons learned and parts I used and added and where I purchased to help the next guys.

Feedback and recommendations are welcome.

I will post iCloud links to all my pictures to document work.

4DC7CA78-5447-4330-A607-5D143BA8B6C1 (resized).jpeg4DC7CA78-5447-4330-A607-5D143BA8B6C1 (resized).jpegIMG_0386 (resized).jpegIMG_0386 (resized).jpegIMG_0475 (resized).jpegIMG_0475 (resized).jpegIMG_0477 (resized).jpegIMG_0477 (resized).jpegIMG_0489 (resized).jpegIMG_0489 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

There are a few flaws with the Mirco field you may want to have addressed before you install it. Chris at HEP addresses them on his thread. POA will need to be drilled as well, Mirco unknowingly used a sample POA.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballemporium:

There are a few flaws with the Mirco field you may want to have addressed before you install it. Chris at HEP addresses them on his thread. POA will need to be drilled as well, Mirco unknowingly used a sample POA.

Thanks for the heads up.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Currently has Rottendog driver board, but I have Coin-op fixing the original board.

Is there a problem with the Rottendog board, might I ask? Maybe you know something I'm not aware of.

I have a Rottendog board in mine, which has been in place for 12 years. I still have the original board, but with burnt pins and a faulty bridge rectifier, I'll only fix it should I need the backup, but that hasn't been necessary yet.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Is there a problem with the Rottendog board, might I ask? Maybe you know something I'm not aware of.
I have a Rottendog board in mine, which has been in place for 12 years. I still have the original board, but with burnt pins and a faulty bridge rectifier, I'll only fix it should I need the backup, but that hasn't been necessary yet.

From what I understand Rottendog boards can be finicky in different machines... when they work... they work. I also believe there were some faulty components on some of them early on. I believe their latest version is probably the best one for overall compatibility. There were many versions of the WPC power-driver too... slight variances in power supply tolerances and such can expose marginal issues. I've installed 4 Rottendog WPC boards for friends machines... 3 were fine and are still fine... the other one had reset issues.

#6 3 years ago

Day 2 (2nd day working on pin), I worked about 3 hours today and about 3 hours the first day. Total hours to date, 6 hours. I'm finding this new approach easier to keep track of parts. When I did my previous swaps, I completely removed topside before adding to new playfield. This time, I'm taking off sections, cleaning, and then installing to new playfield where I can.

You can see, I have done the lower half topside of the pin. I'm cleaning using a sonic cleaner and in some cases, especially for metal parts, I'm using a metal polish cleaner as well.

Some parts will have to come up for lights, but this approach makes it easier to keep things together.

IMG_0616 (resized).jpegIMG_0616 (resized).jpegIMG_0618 (resized).jpegIMG_0618 (resized).jpegIMG_0619 (resized).jpegIMG_0619 (resized).jpegIMG_0622 (resized).jpegIMG_0622 (resized).jpegIMG_0623 (resized).jpegIMG_0623 (resized).jpegIMG_0624 (resized).jpegIMG_0624 (resized).jpeg
#7 3 years ago

Looking great!!

#8 3 years ago

Nice job... BTW, are you hand polishing this stuff?

If you are ... you may wish to consider a cheap vibratory tumbler from Harbor Freight... it makes quick work of polishing small stuff.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Nice job... BTW, are you hand polishing this stuff?
If you are ... you may wish to consider a cheap vibratory tumbler from Harbor Freight... it makes quick work of polishing small stuff.

Yes, mostly hand polishing. But, I do have a harbor freight tumbler. Been sitting in my shop, never used.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Yes, mostly hand polishing. But, I do have a harbor freight tumbler. Been sitting in my shop, never used.

Totally worth firing that bad boy up... its one of the few things you can just set and forget during the entire restoration process. Chuck all of your screws and little stuff in there and be done with it. Word of advice if you decide to tumble... don't put stuff together in the tumbler that can tangle.

#11 3 years ago

Day 3 (2.5 hours of work). Focused on cleaning and moving Idol parts and mechs. I like how these modern games have a lot of molex connectors so mechs don't have to be desoldered and soldered. Cleaned up Idol base and even took apart all the optos and cleaned all associated parts. Moved cleaned parts to new playfield. My Idol base had some "ball wear" near exit. After cleaning, I put down a piece of mylar to prohibit future wear.

Next day, will likely take off POA. Hopefully, in 2 or 3 more days, will have all topside parts removed, cleaned, and moved to new playfield.

1347EA88-35D3-4E92-B423-FBA2426DB4AC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg1347EA88-35D3-4E92-B423-FBA2426DB4AC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg20A8B48A-2049-4FA2-9D2F-5D62DC3AE9E6_1_105_c (resized).jpeg20A8B48A-2049-4FA2-9D2F-5D62DC3AE9E6_1_105_c (resized).jpeg26CE753B-E287-49C7-BD04-4FEED22C5017_1_105_c (resized).jpeg26CE753B-E287-49C7-BD04-4FEED22C5017_1_105_c (resized).jpeg2F35FB4D-8AA9-4D17-9F33-0B31C37BBDE9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg2F35FB4D-8AA9-4D17-9F33-0B31C37BBDE9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg4268FDDC-C5E4-4655-8F8D-07639716259D_1_105_c (resized).jpeg4268FDDC-C5E4-4655-8F8D-07639716259D_1_105_c (resized).jpeg594A6851-48E8-4B53-A1B7-67B593A8D223_1_105_c (resized).jpeg594A6851-48E8-4B53-A1B7-67B593A8D223_1_105_c (resized).jpeg6C3975BC-30C9-4333-94DA-1D76F613BA74_1_105_c (resized).jpeg6C3975BC-30C9-4333-94DA-1D76F613BA74_1_105_c (resized).jpeg77EE1A74-17A7-410A-A6DD-A7D77CF94765_1_105_c (resized).jpeg77EE1A74-17A7-410A-A6DD-A7D77CF94765_1_105_c (resized).jpegAE0B05C0-9CE6-45B4-AC41-6731919DDC42_1_105_c (resized).jpegAE0B05C0-9CE6-45B4-AC41-6731919DDC42_1_105_c (resized).jpegE460DFBE-DBDC-434D-9225-D9742F0F95DC_1_105_c (resized).jpegE460DFBE-DBDC-434D-9225-D9742F0F95DC_1_105_c (resized).jpegE4B77DF5-18C4-40EF-904B-C9D8D6D3E40A_1_105_c (resized).jpegE4B77DF5-18C4-40EF-904B-C9D8D6D3E40A_1_105_c (resized).jpegF58B2D41-B3A2-43AC-84F2-AB0DB5FBE0A9_1_105_c (resized).jpegF58B2D41-B3A2-43AC-84F2-AB0DB5FBE0A9_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#12 3 years ago

Day 3.1 (did another hour to take off POA, bridge and a few other parts). Manual tells you exactly how to take off POA. Just need to take off metal ramp, plastics, and habit trails and done with topside.

IMG_0743 (resized).jpegIMG_0743 (resized).jpeg
#13 3 years ago

Day 4 (3.5 hours). Focused on upper right area. Cleaned and moved right habit trails and posts. Also removed some left corner parts and posts. As always, sonic cleaner than hand polish all metal parts. I decided to not hammer any t-nuts. I just put a few oversized washers on one side and tighten until t-nut goes into place. So far, working like a champ.

Tomorrow, plan to mylar pop area, similar to what is done at factory. Topside playfield will be completely stripped by tomorrow.

Here's a list of new parts purchased for this restore and swap:
- New Mirco playfield set (includes POA mini playfield as well)
- New POA ramp
- New star posts
- New plastics
- Titan rubbers, all white
- New POA opto board
- New LED bulbs, all sunlight; NOT non-ghosting since I have installed a new LED OCD board
- Pinsound+
- Flipper fidelity speakers
- PDI non-glare glass
- Flipper rebuild kit
- All New Coil sleeves
- New Ruins plastics around Idol
- Many small items where needed
IMG_0807 (resized).jpegIMG_0807 (resized).jpegIMG_0808 (resized).jpegIMG_0808 (resized).jpegIMG_0770 (resized).jpegIMG_0770 (resized).jpegIMG_0772 (resized).jpegIMG_0772 (resized).jpegIMG_0810 (resized).jpegIMG_0810 (resized).jpeg

#14 3 years ago

Looking Great Stan! Keep up the awesome work!!

#15 3 years ago

Nice work.
Where did you purchase Ruins plastics?

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Nice work.
Where did you purchase Ruins plastics?

Marcospecialties.com

#17 3 years ago

Looks great Stan! Super spectacular and steady progress.

#18 3 years ago

Enjoying the progress. Planning to do mine in a few months. How has everything lined up on the new main playfield?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Enjoying the progress. Planning to do mine in a few months. How has everything lined up on the new main playfield?

So far, so good, but hard to tell until you start putting back ramps. At least one hole not drilled/dimpled. But, folks warned me that Mirco playfield might be missing a few. No big deal, easy enough to drill a few holes. For the most part, I think the playfield is outstanding, that in comparison to CPR playfields I have had in the past.

#20 3 years ago

Special shout out to Ricochet He has provided a ton of feedback and advice on this project. He is by far the gold standard for a complete restoration project for IJPA. If you haven't seen his restoration project, check it out here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indy-restoration-its-not-the-years-honey-its-the-mileage-

His work was absolutely amazing and easily HEP-worthy.

#21 3 years ago

Oh please! Thanks for the shout!!!!

Love me some spanky new Indy playfields! Looks great! What are your plans for the original playfield?

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Love me some spanky new Indy playfields! Looks great! What are your plans for the original playfield?

Probably sell. Already have one interested pinsider wanting it once I complete this swap.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Probably sell. Already have one interested pinsider wanting it once I complete this swap.

They restore very well as long as they have normal wear.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballemporium:

I believe Mirco has the option for the regular runs on the POA too, might have to talk with him.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I believe Mirco has the option for the regular runs on the POA too, might have to talk with him.

Yes he has them... I got a replacement for mine

The one on the left is for POAs with red plastic side rails (production runs)... the one on the right is for early proto-type units that had steel side rails.

mirco-poas (resized).jpgmirco-poas (resized).jpg
#26 3 years ago

Day 5 part 1 (1 hour). Installed mylar, per the factory examples and a few more. So far, I did the main area around pops and single target, POA drop (I think that's what it is), ENT target area, and the ramps. Don't know if there is a way to easily prevent air bubbles, but you can see some. Most of these areas will be completely hidden. The last picture shows it's near impossible to see the air bubbles from the mylar. Looks good enough for me and the best part is I'm protecting the high traffic areas.

Any tips or should I not worry? (@ricochet)?

IMG_0811 (resized).jpegIMG_0811 (resized).jpegIMG_0815 (resized).jpegIMG_0815 (resized).jpegIMG_0816 (resized).jpegIMG_0816 (resized).jpegIMG_0818 (resized).jpegIMG_0818 (resized).jpeg

IMG_0822 (resized).jpegIMG_0822 (resized).jpegIMG_0819 (resized).jpegIMG_0819 (resized).jpeg
#27 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Yes he has them... I got a replacement for mine
The one on the left is for POAs with red plastic side rails (production runs)... the one on the right is for early proto-type units that had steel side rails.
[quoted image]

Looks like I'm safe and have the normal POA.

5A7A8332-D77C-4B7A-A3ED-678629D5B55C_1_102_o (resized).jpeg5A7A8332-D77C-4B7A-A3ED-678629D5B55C_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
#28 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Day 5 part 1 (1 hour). Installed mylar, per the factory examples and a few more. So far, I did the main area around pops and single target, POA drop (I think that's what it is), ENT target area, and the ramps. Don't know if there is a way to easily prevent air bubbles, but you can see some. Most of these areas will be completely hidden. The last picture shows it's near impossible to see the air bubbles from the mylar. Looks good enough for me and the best part is I'm protecting the high traffic areas.
Any tips or should I not worry? (ricochet)?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

If the mood strikes you ... use an exacto knife and pierce the bubble. Use a hair dry dryer ... heat it and rub it flat.

... but in all honesty... it’s not going to show. That is the biggest disappointment with the playfield swap on this machine... so much of it is not visible.

#29 3 years ago

Day 5 Part 2 (4 hours). Removed, cleaned, and moved remaining topside playfield to new playfield. Only parts remaining on top are 3 pop bumpers and in lane guides. Waiting for parts so will move those and add new parts later. Need to drill larger holes to install large posts onto new playfield. While I wait for parts, will start underside and move/clean mechs to new playfield. Getting close to pulling existing playfield from old machine so I can remove remaining parts and install to new playfield.

IMG_0877 (resized).jpegIMG_0877 (resized).jpegIMG_0881 (resized).jpegIMG_0881 (resized).jpegIMG_0883 (resized).jpegIMG_0883 (resized).jpegIMG_0885 (resized).jpegIMG_0885 (resized).jpegIMG_0887 (resized).jpegIMG_0887 (resized).jpegIMG_0888 (resized).jpegIMG_0888 (resized).jpegIMG_0890 (resized).jpegIMG_0890 (resized).jpegIMG_0891 (resized).jpegIMG_0891 (resized).jpegIMG_0892 (resized).jpegIMG_0892 (resized).jpeg
#30 3 years ago

What is that black rectangular pad on the ball guide near the entrance of the mode hole?

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Need to drill larger holes to install large posts onto new playfield.

This is what I experienced on during my (in-process) NBA Fastbreak playfield swap. In the factory, it seems like BW undersized the holes for the larger posts in order to "press fit" them. I did not see a reason for doing this, the posts can be tightened topside and bottom with a screw in the top or pliers, no need for a press fit so I made the holes bigger to slide the posts in easier. I still wonder why the press fit was done. One question, how did you remove the press fit posts from the old playfield without damaging the playfield?

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

What is that black rectangular pad on the ball guide near the entrance of the mode hole?

Was there when I got it. It seems to dampen the ball and promote less ball rejects (I guess).

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

This is what I experienced on during my (in-process) NBA Fastbreak playfield swap. In the factory, it seems like BW undersized the holes for the larger posts in order to "press fit" them. I did not see a reason for doing this, the posts can be tightened topside and bottom with a screw in the top or pliers, no need for a press fit so I made the holes bigger to slide the posts in easier. I still wonder why the press fit was done. One question, how did you remove the press fit posts from the old playfield without damaging the playfield?

I use a hole punch or old Phillips drill bit and a small hammer. Works like a champ. I center the punch on the screw and a few careful strikes knocks it through easily.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Thanks mentioning about the large posts. I wondered too why they don't pre-drill larger. I assume they want to ensure there is no play since these get beat up pretty badly and any play will cause larger holes to develop over time.

How do others approach this? Drill very slowly just enough to keep snug fit?

#35 3 years ago

After playing around with different techniques for installing t-nuts, I finally decided to use a couple of washers and tighten down until t-nut pulls in on the other side. I reach around with other hand to ensure t-nut doesn't twist. Just a little pressure on the t-nut with my hand is enough to tighten down from the other side. I use a small cordless drill to get bolt down quickly and then tighten final phase with a regular screwdriver so I can control the torque more easily. As soon as I feel that t-nut is flush, I quickly back off pressure. So far so good, no "impressions" from the washers being used on the playfield.

IMG_0851 (resized).jpegIMG_0851 (resized).jpegIMG_0852 (resized).jpegIMG_0852 (resized).jpeg
#36 3 years ago

might want to put a thick piece of felt in between the washer and playfield for some extra insurance

#37 3 years ago

Nice man! Thanks for posting the pictures!

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

might want to put a thick piece of felt in between the washer and playfield for some extra insurance

Ditto. Really easy to do by hand no need for the drill either. Use a wing nut topside on the screw to twist down on that washer, use some felt underneath the washer to protect the playfield. I just wedge a small diameter screw driver across the wingnut wings and rotate it. Works like a charm.

#39 3 years ago

Vid had a some good advice on the ball guide screw playfield holes. Make sure to drill a bigger diameter for a couple of mils deep as a topside countersink, just to get through the layer of clear, so when the screws are put in, the screw threads do not crack the clear, are only engaging the wood..

#40 3 years ago

Day 6 (2 hours). Spent a small session getting the large posts (ones with sleeves) to fit. 3/16" good to get threaded part into playfield, but needed 13/64" to get unthreaded portion of post into holes. Saw post above too late. Would have been better not to go all the way through with 13/64", but I'm pretty sure it will be fine.

This weekend, will move underside mechs over to new playfield before I take out old playfield. I have a second rotisserie, so that will make the whole process a little easier.

IMG_0901 (resized).jpegIMG_0901 (resized).jpegIMG_0895 (resized).jpegIMG_0895 (resized).jpegIMG_0896 (resized).jpegIMG_0896 (resized).jpegIMG_0897 (resized).jpegIMG_0897 (resized).jpegIMG_0898 (resized).jpegIMG_0898 (resized).jpegIMG_0899 (resized).jpegIMG_0899 (resized).jpeg
#41 3 years ago

Yes I should have posted that did not know where you were in the process. A 13/64" drill bit is what I used for posts. This allows the installation without a press fit hammering. Any posts with a female thread topside you can just put a screw in there and wrench top and bottom to get it tight. Any posts like the outlane ones that have no female thread in the top, I wrapped and used pliers to keep it tight while wrenching the bottom. these could be left as press fit if you have a good process but the plier approach seems to work fine for me. I believe I used the same drill bit, 13/64", to make a 2 mils deep countersink for the ball guide screws to get through the clear so the screw threads only engaged wood and no clear cracking. I believe I used a 7/64" drill bit to open up the dimples for the ball guide screws pilot holes before the countersink was done.

#42 3 years ago

Day 7 (2 hours). Short day. Only had time to clean up target bank. Took completely apart. So much grime and grease. I thought these should not have any grease. Does your IJ have grease used on the 3 target bank?

Also played around with colored posts. What do you think? I tried to align colors to main things, like the ramps as opposed to the colors directly under the posts.

IMG_0903 (resized).jpegIMG_0903 (resized).jpegIMG_0904 (resized).jpegIMG_0904 (resized).jpegIMG_0905 (resized).jpegIMG_0905 (resized).jpegIMG_0907 (resized).jpegIMG_0907 (resized).jpegIMG_0915 (resized).jpegIMG_0915 (resized).jpegIMG_0920 (resized).jpegIMG_0920 (resized).jpegIMG_0928 (resized).jpegIMG_0928 (resized).jpegIMG_0929 (resized).jpegIMG_0929 (resized).jpegIMG_0934 (resized).jpegIMG_0934 (resized).jpeg
#43 3 years ago

Day 8 (2 hours). Short weekend since family in for Christmas. Did some t-nut prep, moved some underside mechs (sling shot mechs), and some small stand alone boards. Had my one inevitable blunder. While dimpling under playfield, poked a hole through. Will of course fix, but a bummer adding a blemish to the new playfield. Any tips for minor hole repair?

IMG_1003 (resized).jpegIMG_1003 (resized).jpegIMG_1011 (resized).jpegIMG_1011 (resized).jpegIMG_1012 (resized).jpegIMG_1012 (resized).jpegIMG_1022 (resized).jpegIMG_1022 (resized).jpegIMG_1024 (resized).jpegIMG_1024 (resized).jpeg
#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Day 7 (2 hours). Short day. Only had time to clean up target bank. Took completely apart. So much grime and grease. I thought these should not have any grease. Does your IJ have grease used on the 3 target bank?
Also played around with colored posts. What do you think? I tried to align colors to main things, like the ramps as opposed to the colors directly under the posts.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Grease is not required at all in pinball, except in gearboxes.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Day 8 (2 hours). Short weekend since family in for Christmas. Did some t-nut prep, moved some underside mechs (sling shot mechs), and some small stand alone boards. Had my one inevitable blunder. While dimpling under playfield, poked a hole through. Will of course fix, but a bummer adding a blemish to the new playfield. Any tips for minor hole repair?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ooops... There is another one above 4x insert.
Use a drill limiter.

#46 3 years ago

I fixed most of the issues. Filled in hole, painted, and put down Mylar.

From a normal viewing distance, hard to see now.

ADA23332-F11F-4419-911D-9C3EE84E11BE (resized).jpegADA23332-F11F-4419-911D-9C3EE84E11BE (resized).jpegF227243D-3964-46D0-86DA-97D00121CC2E (resized).jpegF227243D-3964-46D0-86DA-97D00121CC2E (resized).jpegFE71586A-90D2-435B-990B-3E22156C5968 (resized).jpegFE71586A-90D2-435B-990B-3E22156C5968 (resized).jpeg
#47 3 years ago

Day 8 (2 hours). Finally got some parts in. Replaced posts and started moving underside mechanisms. Also finished making dimples underside playfield. To ensure I didn’t punch through, I tilted playfield so it was almost vertical I it’s side. That way I was drilling sideways, not above the playfield which caused me to have the issue listed above.

0C560E11-DCF4-441E-949E-F18FBA1B50AC (resized).jpeg0C560E11-DCF4-441E-949E-F18FBA1B50AC (resized).jpeg673D12B7-B5EA-4678-A860-73E5D8C10EF5 (resized).jpeg673D12B7-B5EA-4678-A860-73E5D8C10EF5 (resized).jpegA162A9F2-B383-47A4-B9DD-93AFCB329020 (resized).jpegA162A9F2-B383-47A4-B9DD-93AFCB329020 (resized).jpegFEE6FCF9-D164-4117-9942-4D0C45F980DA (resized).jpegFEE6FCF9-D164-4117-9942-4D0C45F980DA (resized).jpeg
#48 3 years ago

This is inspiring and well documented.
Love it!

#49 3 years ago

Day 9 (2 hours). Focus was on the 3 pop bumpers. Used a lot of new parts. Couple of the metal yoke plates were actually broken. Fortunate I had enough in the ready stock. Everything moved, cleaned, and replaced where needed. Still have to tie into light wiring when I move harness over. will clean spoon switches too later on during the harness move.

IMG_1167 (resized).jpegIMG_1167 (resized).jpegIMG_1169 (resized).jpegIMG_1169 (resized).jpegIMG_1179 (resized).jpegIMG_1179 (resized).jpegIMG_1195 (resized).jpegIMG_1195 (resized).jpegIMG_1198 (resized).jpegIMG_1198 (resized).jpeg
#50 3 years ago

Day 10. (2 hours). Major milestone. Removed old playfield by disconnecting wire harness. Yikes. Unlike early games I did, I had to disconnect wires all the way to the coin door and gun. Gun not so bad, but quite a number of wires to left side of coin door. I took a lot of pictures, but it's going to be tough putting back together. Also, I have 3-4 connectors with loose wires that will need to be fixed, due to wires coming out or very loose.

I also removed ball eject mech from mode hole. Lesson learned that I forgot with other playfield swaps. These kickers never seem to be aligned. I had pre-drilled and it doesn't line up right on new playfield. So, I need to refill (I use glue and toothpicks to refill) and redo holes after I manually align mech. This is the reason I don't pre-drill stand up targets either. Better to wait. I noticed pops were slightly off, but good enough, so I used existing dimples.

IMG_1243 (resized).jpegIMG_1243 (resized).jpegIMG_1247 (resized).jpegIMG_1247 (resized).jpegIMG_1303 (resized).jpegIMG_1303 (resized).jpegIMG_1367 (resized).jpegIMG_1367 (resized).jpegIMG_1398 (resized).jpegIMG_1398 (resized).jpegIMG_1399 (resized).jpegIMG_1399 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 29.00
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

12,500 (OBO)
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-pinball-adventure-playfield-swap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.