7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ij_poa with notes (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buffaloatx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago

The drop target itself needs to be replaced, there is a little lip that catches and holds it in the up position, they wear out/break after millions of hits. Any pinball store will have replacements, just make sure you order the correct ones.
The switch error means you have a bad opto or receiver in your trough. if you are real handy with an iron you can replace the opto and receiver for a few bucks, or replace both boards with the Great lakes modular replacement set for $70 I think. Again, Most pinball shops sell these

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

are the drop targets supposed to go up upon starting a game or turning the machine on?

Yes, all three targets should start up, you need to knock them down to light the Idol Lock.
Go into the test mode and first test the opto switches on the drop target board. You will need the playfield propped up so you can reset the targets manually after knocking them down. There are three "U" optos on the target board when you drop the target the switch should register on the DMD and tell you what number just closed. If you don't get a report on any or all of them first try cleaning them, a little compressed air can and a Q-tip should do the trick. Then test them again. If they do not register reseat all the connectors on that board and the 10 opto board (it's the big square one on left side under the playfield) Test again. if no luck then you most likely have a bad drop target board (luckily replacement boards are available and fairly cheap) There are also 18 million other problems that could cause those switches from working, but currently we dont need to open that can of worms.

If the switches all register then go to the drop target test ( or coil test, I don't remember if there is a target test in the menu) find the coil that raises the drops and run that test, you will need to have the interlock closed to enable high power to the coils for them to fire. Watch the coil and reset bar they should push all the targets back up into place (except the broken one you know about) knock the targets back down and repeat a few times. You want to see if there is any binding on the reset mechinasim or if the targets them selves are catching on any thing.

#9 7 years ago

Hope it helps, good luck!

#11 7 years ago

Sort of, I run Buffalo Billiards, we have about 14 pins that I take care of plus a few of my own personal machines.

2 weeks later
#13 7 years ago

I believe they are supposed to reset after every lock. there may be a setting somewhere that allows you to change that. Unfortunately its been a long time since I played IJ.
Here is the POA Picture I mentioned in the message.

ij_poa with notes (resized).jpgij_poa with notes (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
14,000 (OBO)
12,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buffaloatx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-pinball-adventure-issues?tu=buffaloatx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.