(Topic ID: 147752)

Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure Issue? Help?

By danreedphoto

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by Plungeroo
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

I'm going down the opto path right now. PinballManiac has been really helpful so far, so I plan on attacking it tomorrow. Ifvit looks like that is the problem, do you repair optos or buy new ones?

#52 3 years ago

I buy new optos. Occasionally, they just are dirty. You could wipe both the transmitter and receiver, but if there is no light coming out of the transmitter, it would need to be replaced. You can get the Infrared transmitters from Radio Shack, Fry's Electronics or any other electronic store near you.

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=115

Part Number: QED123
Infrared LED, Size T1-3/4 (5mm)
Pink tinted clear lens
Manufacturer: Fairchild semiconductor
See Specification Sheet.

10% Discount for purchase of 10 or more
Price: $0.40

#54 3 years ago

Noticed you also have the single drop target error, recently had that on mine, pinballlife also sells a nice one piece unit to replace this. Makes it about a 15 min job, that's the one up by the pop bumpers that is bad. 3 Bank isn't working right either. If you are taking that out the upgraded board is a lot better, and for the price new drop plastic targets and decals for same are a good bet. As long as you are taking that area apart. The 3 bank targets are prone to breakage over time as they do take a beating. Doesn't look like anything too serious, just some switch repairs (and time)....once you get these sorted you'll love the game, it's a blast when working 100%

#55 3 years ago

I checked out pinball life, but only found a Stern 3 position drop target. Do I buy 3 1 position drop targets? Since I'm ordering stuff I need, I just want to get it all and knock it out in a day.

#56 3 years ago

Yep drops are all sold separate, when I did mine I got 4 targets, the single coil drop assy, upgraded 3 bank board, set of drop decals. Everything else on the 3 banke should be reusable, just give it a good clean up as its put back together. The single drop assembly is 45 dollars or so I believe. You'll have to transfer the smaller coil on that one, but the mountings are there.

#57 3 years ago

If pinball life doesn't list the board, I got mine direct from Great Lakes Modular as I was ordering a WH20 topper board set at same time.

#58 3 years ago

I am having intermittent problems with Indy, and all of the issues are in Row 1, which, I think, corresponds to J209, or U18 being the culprit. I am interested to see if there is a consensus of which one is the more likely culprit before I begin getting the parts together. Everything is original.

I am jumping onto this thread because my intermittent problem is switches 31, 41, 81, and 91 showing switch closure during play. I noticed the issue when the mode hole did not register a ball during game play. I went immediately to switch levels to see if the machine saw the ball. It had not seen the switch register as closed, and as I was looking at it, all of a sudden the machine registered switch closure at 31, 41, and 91.

Other issues included launching a second ball during play, occasional slam tilts, and the idol not registering a ball. All of this lead me to my conclusion of an intermittent connection at J209-1 or U18 going bad.

I won't be able to work on Indy until mid January, but I will be watching to see if my issue is related to the OP issue.

Thanks Bill C

1 week later
#59 3 years ago

Follow up: I replaced J209 connector, that seemed to take care of the intermittent problems with the mode hole and Idol not registering a ball. I have not had any slam tilts, and the machine is no longer launching a second ball.

On the down side, I must have bumped something, because now I have an error for the POA limit switches. Sigh....

3 years later
#60 9 months ago

Hey PinballManiac40 and Kahanaohana, a big thank you to you both for helping. Your good deed just helped me, really valued. Many thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hingham, MA
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 21.00
$ 28.00
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 315.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
liorillusion
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 16.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Annapolis, MD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside