Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by FlippyD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello all, just wanted to say Hi as this is my first post here.
I need some help - POA in Indy - Not working as supposed to. During test - result is OK but then when it should be moving left and right - no movement at all.. Sometimes a little bit but no more. During turning on the machine - it moves normally left right (as well as idol head)
Then - when the ball hits POA - I can move the path left and right (but RIGHT moves way way slower than left) with flippers. Optos near the flipper buttons were echanged and that did nothing. Motor when I take if out of the gearbox - is working OK (to be honest VERY VERY FAST and then it stops)
also bottom part of the mini PF doesn't light up at all (even though I have exchanged the bulbs there)

Any help ?

#2 6 years ago

Its one of two things, the optos under the mini pf or the flipper optos. Thats the best place to start.

Clean all the optos under the mini play-field and the flippers. Could be a cold solder joint too, you may have to swap out the optos as they do fail sometimes. If that fails...

Marco has the motor/gearbox assembly for 58.00

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/14-7988

I would buy one anyway if I were you, I dont assume this parts will be around for ever. I have an extra in my parts drawer.

#3 6 years ago

yeah but the problem is that it is moving properly when I turn on the machine (so engine should be ok) and then during play (only right is slower than it should be). Test doesn't give any errors "POA is working correctly" but after that when the path should move left/right - continous test - it doesnt move at all OR just a little bit
strange.
Is there any way to make sure what is wrong ? (i just exchanged the optos, and now motor with tranport will be way over 100 USD and if it is not that - i will shoot myself in the head
maybe the clockworks in the gearbox?

#4 6 years ago

Ok, try to figure out why you have no current to the lights in the lower part of the mini-playfield first.

It sure sounds like a bad opto to me. I had bad flipper flutter and the mini playfield was stuttering, I changes the flipper opto and all was well.

#5 6 years ago

optos exchanged for a new set - nothing has changed

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from androspl:

optos exchanged for a new set - nothing has changed

Which optos? The optos under the mini playfield or the flipper optos? I had the same problem and bought a replacement board, and it solved all my problems.

https://ksarcade.net/indiana-jones-path-of-adventure-opto-board-ij-poa.html

#7 6 years ago

Flipper optos. both of course.
I will try to clean the opto behind the POA maybe that will help

#8 6 years ago

It's the POA opto. I had the same problem. Replace the opto board for POA and you will be set.

#9 6 years ago

I had a similar issue years ago on my IJ. I cleaned optos, even changed the opto board with no effect.
Not sure why, but I dropped in a new control board and it hasn't gievn me trouble since.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4404

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

It's the POA opto. I had the same problem. Replace the opto board for POA and you will be set.

Yep...

1 week later
#11 6 years ago

well it appears that cleaning opto with qtip and alcohol helped for a while.. but now the problem is back - I think I need to replace opto.
thanks guys.

2 years later
#12 3 years ago
Quoted from androspl:

well it appears that cleaning opto with qtip and alcohol helped for a while.. but now the problem is back - I think I need to replace opto.
thanks guys.

What opto did you end up replacing to get indi working again? Flipper Opto A-20207, Opto A-16657 Under the mini play field or Opto A-15946 under the main play field?

Thanks Troy

1 year later
#13 2 years ago

I replaced my poa opto board which definitely made my poa more snappy. But it still has an issue and I have a question.

Are you supposed to hold your flippers left and right as the ball comes through the poa or are you supposed to tap them quickly to get it to tilt absolutely to the far left and far right? Tap vs hold?

My poa stutters when it comes back from the left if I hold my flipper.

#14 2 years ago

Holding the flippers should make the path smoothly. If it stutters while holding the flipper button my experience has been that it is the flipper button opto that needs to be cleaned or replaced.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,500 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

14,000 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-path-of-adventure-problem-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.