By arcadeforever

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ijswitchmatrix (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadeforever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Hi fellow adventurers, Im working on an IJ that when in path of adventure mode, has a mini playfield that doesn't work, by that I mean that you cant steer it with the flipper buttons in PoA mode, however the PoA test works fine in the diagnostics. I'm assuming its either the flipper opto boards or the fliptronic board.

In switch diagnostics on other fliptronics games (STTNG, ToM, etc), I am seeing all 4 optos reading in the switch diagnostics even if they dont have usage tags on them, When I go into switch diags on the IJ I only see the two registering. In the schematics, it says that the top ones are used for other functions (i.e. the PoA) My question is, are the two top optos still seen in switch diags? I know they probably should, but it would be awesome if someone could flip theirs on for me and just check for sure.

thanks!

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In your game, all four optos should register in switch test. Push the flipper button in slowly to get the first one then second one, or hold the interrupter out and pass something between them.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd, it should register, but the thing is that I dont see the upper optos in the switch matrix for this game unless Im totally missing them

WM

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Swipe a q-tip between the flipper optos to clean them out. My POA was working in test but having problems in-game and this fixed it.
Good luck!

Thanks Flippy, do you see them working in the switch test screen though, because I dont see the upper optos in the switch matrix in the manual.

Wayne

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If you mean switch matrix in the manual, look to the right column - Dedicated Switches, they aren't part of the switch matrix.
If they don't work in Tests - Switch Edge - fix them. No amount of testing will get things working.
LTG : )

interestingly enough, they aren't listed in the dedicated switches either.... REALLY strange. I think a deeper dive of the schematics is in order.

ijswitchmatrix (resized).jpgijswitchmatrix (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
14,000 (OBO)
$ 85.00
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arcadeforever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-path-of-adventure-not-steering?tu=arcadeforever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.