1678A5BF-728D-4D15-9CDE-84577EE34956 (resized).jpeg
B65C8C89-A27E-49FC-B881-6F23D3055076 (resized).jpeg
6CAE5DAA-58EB-4E99-84DF-60DDF6AEDDD8 (resized).jpeg
0D68466B-A2C7-43C7-8257-458C62501FE3.gif
CE4B0C86-0759-475A-8B9D-21EDD6A876A2.gif
35598875-1391-4A97-983A-211F3BEAC904.jpeg
BDDBABDE-295B-40EE-A999-22BCE7178935.jpeg
7861F4AD-9F42-497F-A8EA-E6D481E536A6.jpeg
There are 580 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.
#251 5 years ago

until next weekend i will have a solution for that. im very very busy and this project takes tons of time its not cheap plastic or a toy i bought in ebay. put some leds and sell it for 200$ like most of the mods in the market. if i cant make it or if its takes more time i will refund the money for all the people who paid for it.
btw if someone knows how to design in zbrush or can sculpt in 3d please contact me because i cant change the design anymore. and if i need to do it and people still want it i will give it for someone to change it.

#252 5 years ago

Lior, was looking at your list and saw paid showing up beside some names. Since I paid, shouldn't mine read that way? Unless, none of the early paid orders status is reflected yet.

On your latest design - did it not fit right or is the problem recreating it in two parts? Maybe if you described the issue and your approach, and walked through the hurdle you face using a few pics, one of three things would occur. You'd stumble across the answer yourself, someone suggests a workable approach or nothing. But if you don't ask, you'll get the third result every time.

#253 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Lior, was looking at your list and saw paid showing up beside some names. Since I paid, shouldn't mine read that way? Unless, none of the early paid orders status is reflected yet.
On your latest design - did it not fit right or is the problem recreating it in two parts? Maybe if you described the issue here, and walked through the problem with a few pics, one of three things would occur. You'd stumble across the answer or someone may suggests a better approach or nothing. But if you don't ask, you'll get the third result every time.

as i can see in my list you paid full.

the problem with the model is not fit its 6 pieces not 1. but you will get 1 piece. in some area is big in some area is small. i did a scan of the original idol and the table and still nothing.... i gave it to a expert to change it by the scan but this guy is a shit. 4 months im waiting all the time he telling me tomorrow i will send and after he said i have no internet or some other shit so now im looking for someone who can change it but if i cant find i will just refund the money... its to much time you guys waiting tons of time almost 9 months!!! and i was stupid when i thought its so easy to make...

i will be very very happy to make it. this is my best hobby and its fun to work on. but now im stuck with parts and files and they are not fit. and i need someone to change it in z brush or in other sculpt software to the scan of the original idol with sculpting im great but with sizes of to many many parts im bad. if you want guys send me pm i will show you how many time i try to make it happen. i dont want to share here private info.

20180307_221712 (resized).jpg20180307_221712 (resized).jpgidol scan jpeg (resized).jpgidol scan jpeg (resized).jpg

#254 5 years ago

You've resolved the flasher hole and screw issues and really just need someone to run the design software to implement your changes, right? or does someone need to resolve the thickness issue? Is this something you can post to vpforums and work out a deal with someone? Then you'd use the output to make the final proof of concept. btw - can you design implants in areas you want less than 8mm and remove them arfter casting? and maybe add one step to touchup those areas with hand clay?

A bright light in this fiasco is that once these start showing up in people's houses, or CC starts shipping IJr, the demand for more of these will continue. It becomes a must-have mod.

#255 5 years ago

You've resolved the flasher hole and screw issues and really just need someone to run the design software to implement your changes, right? or does someone need to resolve the thickness issue? Is this something you can post to vpforums and work out a deal with someone? Then you'd use the output to make the final proof of concept. btw - can you design implants in areas you want less than 8mm and remove them arfter casting? and maybe add one step to touchup those areas with hand clay?
A bright light in this fiasco is that once these start showing up in people's houses, or CC starts shipping IJr, the demand for more of these will continue. It becomes a must-have mod.

the screw are not in place yet but flasher yes. i have few things in the right place but the shape is not. its not about the thickens. the test model was 1mm and still same issue. and yes i need someone to match it with the scan. i can make it with clay its will be great but its will take time and to be honest for now im not taking more orders and i lose a lot of money in this project and time. so if i will make clay its will take time. next week i will do a pool to see which people want to wait and which people wants a refund. maybe i will do just 25 pieces by hand 100% and its will be limited edition. i wish i will finish it in any way. i really want to make it and to move to the mini pf and other mods. this hobby is fun! but expensive hahah

#256 5 years ago

Thanks for the update Lior.

#257 5 years ago

Team work makes the dream work!

#258 5 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Team work makes the dream work!

thats 100% right!

#259 5 years ago

Lior, I consider myself somewhat of an artiste. Sometimes to accomplish challenging tasks I have to be mentally motivated. If things are not going well then I have to step away and re-group. You can't force things to happen when the results are not there. Perhaps you should table this project momentarily and move on to the mini-playfield guides. Success on this project (mini pf) could inspire you or permit time for others to assist in resolving the Idol Ruins issues. It's like rush hour traffic - I would rather move at 30 mph all the time than 50 mph and then come to a screeching halt and sit for 30 minutes. I have utmost confidence you will overcome the obstacles. JLC

#260 5 years ago

someone was able to fix the files!!!! now im just printing them and i need to test if its fit. if yes i will start production asap!

20180705_000211 (resized).jpg20180705_000211 (resized).jpg
#261 5 years ago

Great news!

#262 5 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

someone was able to fix the files!!!! now im just printing them and i need to test if its fit. if yes i will start production asap!

Woohoo, that's a lot of detail! Are you going to make a mold and cast them or 3D print them all? Just curious.

#263 5 years ago

Woohoo, that's a lot of detail! Are you going to make a mold and cast them or 3D print them all? Just curious.

yes tons of details. thats why it takes time. i cant just change the size or to starch it. i need to make new one each time. and yes im going to make a mold like my ramp mod. but after printing i have to do some fixes. btw still printing....

1 week later
#264 5 years ago

When do you think you'll be showing the colors options for the Idol?

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

When do you think you'll be showing the colors options for the Idol?

far away. now its just make it fit to the playfield. and im still printing. my printers are busy with other projects. only after casting for all orders i will do the colors.

#266 5 years ago

far away. now its just make it fit to the playfield. and im still printing. my printers are busy with other projects. only after casting for all orders i will do the colors.

Sounds good, Thanks!

1 week later
#267 5 years ago

Any updates Lior?

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Any updates Lior?

need to print 1 more part. im moving to a new studio and all printers now is off

2 weeks later
#269 5 years ago

good news! parts looks good from the 3d printer. i need to clean them and to connect and to see if its fit. its not same as before its like lego and i did it because if its not fit i can change it easy and to sculpt on it with clay. i will post photos next week! i just moved to a new giant studio with laser, cnc, more 3d printers and more cool things. thats why i was sooo busy

#270 5 years ago

Hello, is it still time to join the purchaser bandwagon? This looks amazing. Etienne

#271 5 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Hello, is it still time to join the purchaser bandwagon? This looks amazing. Etienne

thanks but for now not... im not taking more orders until this fit prefect and production is ready to go...

#272 5 years ago

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK i just test it and...... its fit!!!! but.... not perfect! before it was 10% fit and 90% not fit and now its 90-95% fit!!!! you can see in the photos where its wrong. so to change it its not a big deal its better from last time. the guy who fix it for me did a great job! i just sent him a message and told him what we need to change. im also going to do the changes with clay. THIS MODEL IS JUST FOR TEST! TONS OF DETAILS ARE MISSING. when its fit perfect im going to cast it and to start paint this looking good!!!!

20180808_214648 (resized).jpg20180808_214648 (resized).jpg20180808_214653 (resized).jpg20180808_214653 (resized).jpg20180808_214656 (resized).jpg20180808_214656 (resized).jpg20180808_214744 (resized).jpg20180808_214744 (resized).jpg20180808_215123 (resized).jpg20180808_215123 (resized).jpg
#273 5 years ago

Awesome. Can't wait.

#274 5 years ago

Super cool! Great news!

#275 5 years ago

Looking good,I can’t wait to add it to the game

#276 5 years ago
Quoted from etien:

Ok will wait, looks good. Would love an orange version with green leaves to stick to the old color scheme and compatibility with the cool blades one can buy,

#277 5 years ago

Looking good!!!

1 week later
#279 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Whats the latest Lior?

the guy who did the changes on the last model doing the changes. i sent him the part i print but he didnt got it yet. he his from au. clay was not good idea...

#280 5 years ago

the guy who did the changes on the last model doing the changes. i sent him the part i print but he didnt got it yet. he his from au. clay was not good idea...

Good news.

#281 5 years ago

Hey, I skimmed through this thread and I didn't see anyone ask (apologize if someone already did)... are you willing to post or sell the 3d model so we can 3d print our own version? My issue is that I operate an IJ and if it breaks then I'm out $200. I'd like to be able to reproduce one whenever it's a problem. I have other pinball models for parts that I made that I could also trade if you want

#282 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstersix:

Hey, I skimmed through this thread and I didn't see anyone ask (apologize if someone already did)... are you willing to post or sell the 3d model so we can 3d print our own version? My issue is that I operate an IJ and if it breaks then I'm out $200. I'd like to be able to reproduce one whenever it's a problem. I have other pinball models for parts that I made that I could also trade if you want

hahahahha so funny. its will cost you over 300$ to 3d print it. its not going to brake im casting it im not selling 3d printed parts. the 3d is just for the prototype and yes i will be happy to sell the 3d model for 25k$
btw its 8mm flexible resin so trust me its not going to brake.... if its brake you will get new one but for now no more new orders!

#283 5 years ago

hahahahha so funny. its will cost you over 300$ to 3d print it. its not going to brake im casting it im not selling 3d printed parts. the 3d is just for the prototype and yes i will be happy to sell the 3d model for 25k$
btw its 8mm flexible resin so trust me its not going to brake.... if its brake you will get new one but for now no more new orders!

I think your model is great, but laughing at me for suggesting something seems a bit much. $300 to 3D print it? Maybe if you do shapeways. I have a 3d printer, it might cost $5 at best to print. BTW it should be printed upside down, IMO. As far as not breaking, if you are offering people replacements at no charge, good luck! I have heard "won't break" from so many people. I guess you've never operated a machine before.

#284 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstersix:

I think your model is great, but laughing at me for suggesting something seems a bit much. $300 to 3D print it? Maybe if you do shapeways. I have a 3d printer, it might cost $5 at best to print. BTW it should be printed upside down, IMO. As far as not breaking, if you are offering people replacements at no charge, good luck! I have heard "won't break" from so many people. I guess you've never operated a machine before.

5$? No way. This is not a small toy from thingiverse.

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstersix:

AS I SAID!!!!! ITS NOT 3D PRINT ITS HAND PAINT 8 HOURS AND CASTING WITH RESIN! WHAT WITH ALL THE MONEY I SPENT AND MY TIME TO PRINT IT AND TO DESIGN IT? OVER 1 YEAR AS YOU CAN SEE. I REALLY HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU
when youre buying a dvd with a movie you pay 20$ 20$ for a disc?!?!? wow so expensive!
5$ FOR THIS PRINT HAHA YOURE FUNNY. IF ITS SO CHEAP DESIGN YOUR OWN IDOL. GOOD LUCK
AND YES FREE REPLACEMENT I SOLD OVER 40 RAMPS AND NOTHING BRAKES IM DOING LECTURES FOR 3D PRINTING AND CASTING FOR 5 YEARS AND I HAVE OVER 26 PRINTERS. HAVE A GOOD LUCK TO PRINT IT UPSIDE DOWN

#286 5 years ago

AS I SAID!!!!! ITS NOT 3D PRINT ITS HAND PAINT 8 HOURS AND CASTING WITH RESIN!
when your buying a dvd with a movie you pay 20$ 20$ for a disc?!?!? wow so expensive!
5$ FOR THIS PRINT HAHA YOUR FUNNY. IF ITS SO CHEAP DESIGN YOUR OWN IDOL. GOOD LUCK
AND YES FREE REPLACEMENT I SOLD OVER 40 RAMPS AND NOTHING BRAKES IM DOING LECTURES FOR 3D PRINTING AND CASTING FOR 5 YEARS AND I HAVE OVER 26 PRINTERS. HAVE A GOOD LUCK TO PRINT IT UPSIDE DOWN

LOOOLLLL!!!!!!

#287 5 years ago

maybe ask him to print the planes and to paint them he will sell you them for 2$ hahahah

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstersix:

oh btw i have over 40 machines in my house and you can ask few people here how many pinballs and arcades i have in my warehouse..... i own 5 arcades and one arcade app and also im making machines design and toys for a big company. have a good luck again

#289 5 years ago

maybe ask him to print the planes and to paint them he will sell you them for 2$ hahahah

Hahahahaha too funny Lior!

#290 5 years ago

BTW GUYS. KornFreak28 DOING A GREAT PLANES FOR IJ WITH LEDS AND MOTORS!!!! YOU CAN SEE THEM HERE:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service
AND ALSO IN THE IJ THREAD
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club

its will be great if you can post few photos also here

#291 5 years ago

BTW GUYS. kornfreak28 DOING A GREAT PLANES FOR IJ WITH LEDS AND MOTORS!!!! YOU CAN SEE THEM HERE:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service
AND ALSO IN THE IJ THREAD
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club
its will be great if you can post few photos also here

Thanks For the compliments Lior! Coming from a true artist, it means a lot to me

I’m really doing my best with the planes. I’ll post some pics later today

#292 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks For the compliments Lior! Coming from a true artist, it means a lot to me
I’m really doing my best with the planes. I’ll post some pics later today

great! i will send you private message soon. if you have place to do 3d print i will send you my model for the planes

AND FOR ALL OF YOU GUYS QUICK UPDATE IF YOU WANT MY IJ IDOL MOD OR ANY OTHER MODS YOU CAN CONTACT pinstersix HE WILL DO IT FOR YOU WITH THE PAINT FOR 10$!!!!!

#293 5 years ago

Any update on the idol?

Last I saw was about 95% fit. Were you able to get that moved up to 100% fit and get a cast yet?

#294 5 years ago

great! i will send you private message soon. if you have place to do 3d print i will send you my model for the planes
AND FOR ALL OF YOU GUYS QUICK UPDATE IF YOU WANT MY IJ IDOL MOD OR ANY OTHER MODS YOU CAN CONTACT pinstersix HE WILL DO IT FOR YOU WITH THE PAINT FOR 10$!!!!!

Thanks for the offer!

#295 5 years ago

Not sure what you mean. Pictures? You mean Idol Head?

Davi still making the idol lock door?

#296 5 years ago

AS I SAID!!!!! ITS NOT 3D PRINT ITS HAND PAINT 8 HOURS AND CASTING WITH RESIN! WHAT WITH ALL THE MONEY I SPENT AND MY TIME TO PRINT IT AND TO DESIGN IT? OVER 1 YEAR AS YOU CAN SEE. I REALLY HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU
when youre buying a dvd with a movie you pay 20$ 20$ for a disc?!?!? wow so expensive!
5$ FOR THIS PRINT HAHA YOURE FUNNY. IF ITS SO CHEAP DESIGN YOUR OWN IDOL. GOOD LUCK

Wow. I was simply asking if you'd consider selling the 3D model file, not the model that you are making the castings with if that's what you were thinking? I completely understand you put a bunch of work into what you've done. I've made my own parts many times, both doing it the way you're doing and also 3d printing them. A 3d print is NOT what you're making. I get it. I disagree with you that it won't break at some point, but you're making them so you do what you want. I have no idea why you got so upset over my comments, they were not meant to be inciteful. All you had to do was say you weren't interested in selling it.

And yes, I would 3d print it upside down. I'm familiar with the part. I don't need it to look like a complete custom job as you're doing. And if you have 26 printers and you can't print that model for $5 of plastic, then I don't know what you're doing or plastic is extremely expensive. Plastic here is about $15 for a whole spool, and I would estimate that part to take maybe a third of a spool. I sell 3d printed items and I have designed many parts, so I have a good idea what I'm talking about. If you want to print it right side up, that's a lot of support. I don't have the game in front of me, but I don't believe there is much in the way of overhangs to that part, but even if there were you would use far less supports supporting the outer edge than the entire inner area. Otherwise you could also slice the model in half and print it vertically and it might even need less support.

Whatever. I guess we have to agree to disagree if you don't think what I'm saying is true. I wasn't trying to get you so angry, and I was complimenting your part design.

#297 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Not sure what you mean. Pictures? You mean Idol Head?
Davi still making the idol lock door?

i was just kidding because pinstersix said he can make it for 5$

Quoted from loren3233:

Any update on the idol?
Last I saw was about 95% fit. Were you able to get that moved up to 100% fit and get a cast yet?

i just wrote few posts before

#298 5 years ago

Again, wow. Guys, I hope you realize who you're dealing with here as you read through this thread.

#299 5 years ago
Quoted from pinstersix:

Wow. I was simply asking if you'd consider selling the 3D model file, not the model that you are making the castings with if that's what you were thinking? I completely understand you put a bunch of work into what you've done. I've made my own parts many times, both doing it the way you're doing and also 3d printing them. A 3d print is NOT what you're making. I get it. I disagree with you that it won't break at some point, but you're making them so you do what you want. I have no idea why you got so upset over my comments, they were not meant to be inciteful. All you had to do was say you weren't interested in selling it.
And yes, I would 3d print it upside down. I'm familiar with the part. I don't need it to look like a complete custom job as you're doing. And if you have 26 printers and you can't print that model for $5 of plastic, then I don't know what you're doing or plastic is extremely expensive. Plastic here is about $15 for a whole spool, and I would estimate that part to take maybe a third of a spool. I sell 3d printed items and I have designed many parts, so I have a good idea what I'm talking about. If you want to print it right side up, that's a lot of support. I don't have the game in front of me, but I don't believe there is much in the way of overhangs to that part, but even if there were you would use far less supports supporting the outer edge than the entire inner area. Otherwise you could also slice the model in half and print it vertically and it might even need less support.
Whatever. I guess we have to agree to disagree if you don't think what I'm saying is true. I wasn't trying to get you so angry, and I was complimenting your part design.

yes also the 3d file. not for sale! make your own. it will cost you 5$ to make as you said.
its not 5$ im using only colorfab and makerbot filaments and just to let you know this model weight over 2.8kg of plastic! and its 78 cm! i know what im dong not need any help with 3d printers thanks to make casting you cant print with 5% infill

#300 5 years ago

yes also the 3d file. not for sale! make your own. it will cost you 5$ to make as you said.
its not 5$ im using only colorfab and makerbot filaments and just to let you know this model weight over 2.8kg of plastic! and its 78 cm! i know what im dong not need any help with 3d printers thanks to make casting you cant print with 5% infill

You know, I try to be friendly. But your attitude is awful. I would never buy any mod from you with how you treat someone who asks a friendly question. I can only imagine how you would react if someone asked for some support. Maybe I will take the idol plastic out, 3d scan it and release it to the world for free. I have already posted other models out there that I spent many hours putting together. Again, all you had to say was "Sorry, I'm not interested in selling it" instead of being a complete jerk about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 580 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-new-idol-temple-design/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.