1678A5BF-728D-4D15-9CDE-84577EE34956 (resized).jpeg
B65C8C89-A27E-49FC-B881-6F23D3055076 (resized).jpeg
6CAE5DAA-58EB-4E99-84DF-60DDF6AEDDD8 (resized).jpeg
0D68466B-A2C7-43C7-8257-458C62501FE3.gif
CE4B0C86-0759-475A-8B9D-21EDD6A876A2.gif
35598875-1391-4A97-983A-211F3BEAC904.jpeg
BDDBABDE-295B-40EE-A999-22BCE7178935.jpeg
7861F4AD-9F42-497F-A8EA-E6D481E536A6.jpeg
There are 580 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from liorillusion:

ok here is another update. the design is ready to print. i wish its will fit perfect and i have 0 mistakes (i dont think so hahah) i made my best with this design and also i made it 6-8 mm thick so its will be very strong and not like the original cheap plastic (1.5 mm) its will take 2-4 days of printing with 2 printers and i'm not going to connect them but i will paint it with the connection lines because i need to make another design for molding. i still dont know the price but the volume of the idol ruins is double 3 from the ramp so its more resin and more weight more paint more time = price and shipping will be higher from the ramp. my maximum price is 320$ but as i said i still dont know maybe its will be lower and i promise to do my best! but its not going to be over 320$ for sure! i will be happy to make it in the same price as the ramp or lower because i want to sell a lot of them. i will open the pre-order soon when i will have all the details about price, painting and more. i think this one going to be limited edition i will do 1 run maybe maybe 2. the second run for the ramp mod is open and i will make it after the idol and when i will get 20-25 orders.
this mod and my ramp mod are not 3d printed! the 3d pinting is just for the first model!
thanks guys i will update you asap

Thanks Lior! This idol mod is going to look incredible!

#52 6 years ago

i wish its will fit perfect and i have 0 mistakes (i dont think so hahah)

nope hahah wrong size for 2 parts so i will print it and paint it and i will post photos but its not how its going to look. the stairs are small and the hole for the idol is big so i need to redesign... another delay!!! yeahhhhhhh hahahha but i will make it only when i will done with the first run of the ramp mod.

#53 6 years ago

good news and bad news...
the good news is i start with the paint and i wish i will post it today.
the bad news is the size is far away i made tons of mistakes but its ok because it only the first final model i print. the design toke me i think 2 months and i need to design it again. i still dont know about the price. i will know in Monday (its a holiday here) im going to open a pre-order soon! maybe next week. but im still getting orders for the ramp mod so im going to make the idol only after the first run and also i will do the new design with the right size only after the all first run is shipped! i dont want to waste time on that when people are waiting for me... i will post here photos soon with the wrong size. you can see how its looks and like my ramp when it also was in the wrong size. you will see the right size later

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I want get davi's mod too! Davi, when do you expect to finish your mods? What are you using to light up the Idol?

Idol base and door lock... Ready, please go to general IJ forum for details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/49#post-4011546

#55 6 years ago

Davi, please see my PM. Thanks!

#56 6 years ago

jjp going to do a reveal today so i decide to reveal my idol also hahaha

FIRST. THIS IS NOT THE FINAL DEIGN! I HAVE HUGE MISTAKES WITH THE SIZE. THIS IS A DARK GREY COLOR AND I MADE IT ONLY BECAUSE IT WAS THIS COLOR IN THE MOVIE. IM GOING TO MAKE 4 OPTIONS FOR COLORS AND ALSO LIGHT GREY AND CUSTOM COLOR!

because im very very busy with the ramp mod i decide to post this idol asap as is! with wrong size. im going to change a lot of things. this color was made as the color in the movie. in my opinion its looks great! but by is own and not matching perfect to the game. i have now only grey ramp (first model) and another custom color i did to KornFreak28 if he dont mind i will post photos of his ramp with this idol. all other colors i didnt paint yet or i sent them.

im going to do the new design and the other colors in 3 weeks or more after the first run of the ramp will be shipped! more details about the price and pre-order will be next week.

im going to do 5 colors options and also one idol ruins with original flasher and one with like camping flame with led flasher and fake fire.

so after long long time and tons of work here is the design with the dark grey color. i decide to make it as a replica to keep it by itself and im not going to use this color in the game to much dark for me... but if someone wants this color i can make it. the colors i will do will be orange, light grey, sand, brown, custom color. the details will be the same for all of them. for now its to much big and i did a lot of mistakes but to be honest i really like it. this thing going to be in my projects table forever because i think the details looks amazing!

i really recommend to see the photos in this link and like i always said... this thing looks better in real life hahah

https://www.flickr.com/photos/156867125@N07/albums/72157687246621220

i will be so happy to get your feedback. i will be happy to make some changes but dont be crazy and tell me to cover the metal ramp because im not going to do that hahah

idol pinside (resized).jpgidol pinside (resized).jpg
idol pinside fixed (resized).jpgidol pinside fixed (resized).jpg

#57 6 years ago

great paint job. Someone has a background in model or scale painting.

#58 6 years ago

WOW!!!! That is amazing detail. Great Job!

#59 6 years ago

Lior, It looks amazing! Can't wait to see the final version! On mine, I'll be installing a green flasher cap or going with your fake fire idea. You can post pictures of my ramp, no problem. As far as color goes, I went in a different direction. I really like that dusty yellow color of the Egyptian pyramids. I think Lior did a fantastic job. He was able to capture my idea and paint it exactly how I wanted it.

I also picked this color because I think it matches the mini playfield really well. All the other colors are great but I really think the yellow matches the playfield perfectly. I will get my Idol in grey to resemble the movie. To me, the idol is one part of the adventure and the the mini playfield and ramp is another part of the adventure. Lior, make sure you capture all the details of my ramp

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

great paint job. Someone has a background in model or scale painting.

Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

WOW!!!! That is amazing detail. Great Job!

THANKS!

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Lior, It looks amazing! Can't wait to see the final version! On mine, I'll be installing a green flasher cap or going with your fake fire idea. You can post pictures of my ramp, no problem. As far as color goes, I went in a different direction. I really like that dusty yellow color of the Egyptian pyramids. I think Lior did a fantastic job. He was able to capture my idea and paint it exactly how I wanted it.
I also picked this color because I think it matches the mini playfield really well. All the other colors are great but I really think the yellow matches the playfield perfectly. I will get my Idol in grey to resemble the movie. To me, the idol is one part of the adventure and the the mini playfield and ramp is another part of the adventure. Lior, make sure you capture all the details of my ramp

thanks! my camera is not the best. so when you will get yours you can post it also.
here is the photos.

20171012_214815.jpg20171012_214815.jpg
20171012_214824.jpg20171012_214824.jpg

#61 6 years ago

You forgot the details!

IMG_2959 (resized).PNGIMG_2959 (resized).PNG

IMG_3009 (resized).PNGIMG_3009 (resized).PNG

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You forgot the details!

the photo you post are only with the base color its not the final one i made....

#63 6 years ago

the photo you post are only with the base color its not the final one i made....

Added one more pic

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Added one more pic

Painting live! Hahah 5 hours skype

#65 6 years ago

Painting live! Hahah 5 hours skype

#66 6 years ago

Love the attention to detail, very impressive work

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from sparkup:

Love the attention to detail, very impressive work

thanks!

pinside changing the resolution and the size of the photos so i really recommend to see the photos in this link.

#68 6 years ago

I'll take one of these when ready in a heartbeat!

#69 6 years ago

jjp going to do a reveal today so i decide to reveal my idol also hahaha
FIRST. THIS IS NOT THE FINAL DEIGN! I HAVE HUGE MISTAKES WITH THE SIZE. THIS IS A DARK GREY COLOR AND I MADE IT ONLY BECAUSE IT WAS THIS COLOR IN THE MOVIE. IM GOING TO MAKE 4 OPTIONS FOR COLORS AND ALSO LIGHT GREY AND CUSTOM COLOR!
because im very very busy with the ramp mod i decide to post this idol asap as is! with wrong size. im going to change a lot of things. this color was made as the color in the movie. in my opinion its looks great! but by is own and not matching perfect to the game. i have now only grey ramp (first model) and another custom color i did to kornfreak28 if he dont mind i will post photos of his ramp with this idol. all other colors i didnt paint yet or i sent them.
im going to do the new design and the other colors in 3 weeks or more after the first run of the ramp will be shipped! more details about the price and pre-order will be next week.
im going to do 5 colors options and also one idol ruins with original flasher and one with like camping flame with led flasher and fake fire.
so after long long time and tons of work here is the design with the dark grey color. i decide to make it as a replica to keep it by itself and im not going to use this color in the game to much dark for me... but if someone wants this color i can make it. the colors i will do will be orange, light grey, sand, brown, custom color. the details will be the same for all of them. for now its to much big and i did a lot of mistakes but to be honest i really like it. this thing going to be in my projects table forever because i think the details looks amazing!
i really recommend to see the photos in this link and like i always said... this thing looks better in real life hahah
i will be so happy to get your feedback. i will be happy to make some changes but dont be crazy and tell me to cover the metal ramp because im not going to do that hahah

A M A Z I N G
As suggested by KornFreak28 I really have to create idol base/rotor/lock in grey like this.
Good job man!

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

A M A Z I N G
As suggested by KornFreak28 I really have to create idol base/rotor/lock in grey like this.
Good job man!

THANKS!

yes you must do it also in light brown

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

A M A Z I N G
Good job man!

Yes! I think everyone getting the idol mod should also get the rotor lock and door in grey or brown. If you use solid grey or brown materials, it will match perfectly with the Idol mod and will never have any ball wear issues

#72 6 years ago

THANKS!
yes you must do it also in light brown

Can't wait to see light brown version!

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Can't wait to see light brown version!

its will take time... for now im still working on the first run of the ramp mod.

#74 6 years ago

its will take time... for now im still working on the first run of the ramp mod.

No question, you have to hire a padawan, you have to work on designs

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

No question, you have to hire a padawan, you have to work on designs

hahaha i'm a perfectionist if im doing something i must do it in 1000000% to hire someone who going to paint it and after 10 he will say mehhhh im going to paint it fast with less details i dont want hahah. thats why i'm doing it by myself because im doing each one in full time with full details and i want to give 10000000% product.

#76 6 years ago

Lior, I just saw the idol pictures. Amazing. I think you out did yourself this time. As many others have commented, I’m thinking the Grey looks so awesome, I’ll do that on one side with my other color on the other side.
Just one problem. Although my game is in pretty good shape, I’m going to have to strip the playfield, get everything looking perfect, install the biplane you helped me find (with lights that I haven’t added yet), install my pinsound board, install my coin door headphone set, and do it all in the next week. Otherwise my game wouldn’t be worthy.
Thanks for doing this!

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from TheBigDog:

Lior, I just saw the idol pictures. Amazing. I think you out did yourself this time. As many others have commented, I’m thinking the Grey looks so awesome, I’ll do that on one side with my other color on the other side.
Just one problem. Although my game is in pretty good shape, I’m going to have to strip the playfield, get everything looking perfect, install the biplane you helped me find (with lights that I haven’t added yet), install my pinsound board, install my coin door headphone set, and do it all in the next week. Otherwise my game wouldn’t be worthy.
Thanks for doing this!

thanks!!!!

sorry for the delay. i will paint this wrong size pieces in other color next week and i still need to design it in the right sizes but i will do that only after the first run of the ramp after all of them will be shipped.

for the price i'm still working on it but its going to be 300-360$ my cost for this part is so crazy. silicone for the mold is 65 kg and it cost to much money here and its only for 20 pieces... and i also have the resin and paint and fees and taxes and blah blah blah blah.
i know i said 320$ is my maximum price but i cant loose money and its almost 10 hours of work for each one and my costs are crazy im still working on it to make it less money but if its will be to thick its will brake easy. the volume of this piece are crazy

i will open a pre-order next week and i will start to make them when i will get 40 orders!!!! no more and no less! maybe i will make 50 i'm not sure but this mod going to be LE of 40-50 pieces ONLY or if i will get over 80 orders in a month or another 40 orders after i will think about it.... this parts is very hard to make!

i will be happy to know who's in? but guys please be serious

#78 6 years ago

thanks!!!!
sorry for the delay. i will paint this wrong size pieces in other color next week and i still need to design it in the right sizes but i will do that only after the first run of the ramp after all of them will be shipped.
for the price i'm still working on it but its going to be 300-360$ my cost for this part is so crazy. silicone for the mold is 65 kg and it cost to much money here and its only for 20 pieces... and i also have the resin and paint and fees and taxes and blah blah blah blah.
i know i said 320$ is my maximum price but i cant loose money and its almost 10 hours of work for each one and my costs are crazy im still working on it to make it less money but if its will be to thick its will brake easy. the volume of this piece are crazy
i will open a pre-order next week and i will start to make them when i will get 40 orders!!!! no more and no less! maybe i will make 50 i'm not sure but this mod going to be LE of 40-50 pieces ONLY or if i will get over 80 orders in a month or another 40 orders after i will think about it.... this parts is very hard to make!
i will be happy to know who's in? but guys please be serious

Count me in

#79 6 years ago

I have to have one to match the ramp mod...

#80 6 years ago

jbovenzi is in for brown. Can't wait to see it!

#81 6 years ago

I’m in. Probably some version of Grey.

#82 6 years ago

in for the brown.

#83 6 years ago

Beautiful!
I'll definitely need one of these (in grey) to go with my ramp cover

Put me down sir!

#84 6 years ago

I'm in, can't stop with just having the ramp cover mod

#85 6 years ago

Reaffirming my interest in the Idol Mod to go along with the Ramp Mod.

Pre-ordered and paid in full for the Ramp Mod so you I'm good for it!!

#86 6 years ago

thank you guys! until now i got a lot of messages about the idol. because im very very busy with the ramp and Halloween (look in the ramp thread post #465 for more info) im going to open the idol pre-order only after the first run of the ramp is done. second run will be after the idol. and idol before. i still need to re design it but i will do it also after the ramp and also the other colors only after... im very sorry for the delay. second run for the ramp is open also. please look in the ramp thread for more info.
thank you guys again

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-work-in-progress-indiana-jones-ramp-cover-mod

****update****
if your'e in the first run or the second run of the ramp your automatic in the pre order for the idol and you will get from me a pm soon of how to sign in. i need 40 people to start making the first run of the idol

1 week later
#87 6 years ago

i'm still in Spain but here is a photos of the idol ruins with my last ramp i made in a few colors

CUSTOM COLOR

20171029_185952 (resized).jpg20171029_185952 (resized).jpg

SAND

20171029_185921 (resized).jpg20171029_185921 (resized).jpg

#88 6 years ago

****PRE-ORDER INFO****
After a long time the pre-order is finally open!
First I want to say thanks to all of you guys! Thanks for your comments your feedback and for your support!!! You’re amazing! Without you the mods could never be done!

This mod is 100% hand painted. It takes 10 hours to paint and 10 layers of paint to get this texture. I made it to look realistic and not like plastic. I’m offering five colors. Grey\ brown\sand\custom\orange\mystery. If you want me to customize your idol cover or paint it any color I will do it for you! I can also make it looks like the same texture and color from the original idol ruins in the game Just contact me before you order.

So how is this pre-order going to work?
I’ve spent a lot of time and money to get this mod to look like this. This is not only a piece of plastic. You’re not paying just for the plastic and the paint. You’re paying also for my time, my idea and the money I spent to invent and make it. I’m doing it because I like it. I’m not a greedy guy. The volume of this mod is double 3 from my ramp mod. So my cost is huge.
I’m going to make one or maybe two runs for this mod. 40 pieces for each run. but im not sure if i will make another runs. its depends on how many orders i will get.

The price for this mod is 345$

You can get on the pre-order list by sending me a PM only!. After that you will get all the info about how to sign in.

Im going to start making them 1 month or less after im getting 40 orders. The first 20 people going to get a small gift from me
Because of a few bad experiences in the past with pre-orders you can’t just say sign me in! as I said you will get all the info in pm. If you sent me a pm before or if you wrote sign me in in the post please send me a pm again.
I’m doing this because I want to see if people are serious. I did this before on another mod and 20 people said sign me up and only 8 paid! If I don’t get at least 10 pre-orders I will refund your money. I don’t want to send tons of emails and get no responses or get stuck with something I’m spending so much time working on. It wouldn’t be fair to me.
I’m going to make a few runs of this mod (maybe). This pre-order is to see how many runs I need to.

I’m also shipping worldwide!

All prices are without shipping price.

****very important****
The idol cover photos you see here is not the final model. Its with less details and with wrong size (to big) I’m going to paint all of the other colors and to post them in few weeks. The first run must end before 2018! If I will not get 40 orders until 2018 I’m not going to make this mod!

Feel free to ask me questions about this mod and thanks again for your feedback and support!
****PLEASE DON'T COPY MY IDEA OR MY OTHER IJ IDEAS!****

#89 6 years ago

Pm sent for Idol Ruins...
This is going to look sweet with New ramp cover mod.

#90 6 years ago

Hey Lior, How's the pre-order going so far?

#91 6 years ago

I am in for the Idol Ruins. I also have a deposit on the Ramp cover. These are high quality mods. They really make the game look awesome.

#92 6 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Hey Lior, How's the pre-order going so far?

until now i have 15 people who paid but i will post the list in Sunday when i'm back

guys please if i'm sending you a message and you dont want the mod please say it its ok... i dont like to send 1000 messages...

#93 6 years ago

Ok guys i'm back. i will start with the redesign from now and until now i got 20 orders. 20 first orders going to get a special gift from me and i need 40 orders to start the first run. you can sign in until the end of 2018. if i will not get 40 orders until 2018. im going to refund the money and i'm not going to make this mod...

here is the list for the first run:

nuhobby - ?
Drano - custom color
smokinjoe73 - ?
That_Pin_Dude – light grey
loren3233 – ?
jeffspinballpalace – grey
fordtudoor – grey
2Fun – brown
jbovenzi – brown
frogger - grey
Ericpinballfan – custom color
@Eyore– custom color
TractorDoc - ?
pingod -?
wdpvideo - ?
dendoc - grey
gouveia - grey
jamesmc - custom
koops - brown

thank you guys

#94 6 years ago

until now i have 15 people who paid but i will post the list in Sunday when i'm back
guys please if i'm sending you a message and you dont want the mod please say it its ok... i dont like to send 1000 messages...

I know how do you feel. For few guys (luckily we are talking about minority), it is really a pain to reply with a simple "no thanks".

#95 6 years ago

liorillusion : ordered and paid!

koops - brown (same as my ramp )

#96 6 years ago

Paid! Not sure yet on color

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from koops:

liorillusion : ordered and paid!
koops - brown (same as my ramp )

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Paid! Not sure yet on color

thank you guys we need 15 orders more to start the first run. if you have friends who wants please let me know and i can ship 2 idols to the same address and the shipping will be less

#98 6 years ago

I am in on this one. I think I would like the color to match your other mod.

#99 6 years ago

I'm in was my name on the list?

#100 6 years ago

We need 11 more?
Been gone all week, couldnt find thread. Found it, no activity hardly.
I cant believe owners of indy aren't pounding liors doors down?
The ramp cover is so amazing who wouldnt want the ruins?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Wanted
$ 12.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,500 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 580 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-new-idol-temple-design/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.