(Topic ID: 306152)

Indiana Jones Limited Edition Elite Pinball Topper (only 25)

By ThePinballTodd

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by DakotaMike
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1D48CDB1-2536-4C33-9FB3-94F61940ECF7 (resized).jpeg
AFEE7D84-3038-435B-95B5-5A381F45F2CE (resized).jpeg
george-costanza-panic.gif
20211206_185942 (resized).jpg
20211206_185942 (resized).jpg
4F67CAA2-FCBC-4BD6-923F-337B2B7ABD3D (resized).jpeg
F8C66B52-1FF9-4E0B-9276-313EAEF02CE0.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IJTopper (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 2 years ago

Will be interesting to see if this really fetches double the retail price.

If I had to make a bet I would say it won’t, but then again I’m often called out as a pessimist.

Personally I think it looks out of place and ugly on top of the game. Although the craftsmanship is certainly top notch.

GLWFlipping for double.

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

i think the knocks on the topper were more about questioning how any topper can be worth 5k, and it was exacerbated by the OP saying it was a sacrifice to try to flip it at double the price.

Its a shameless money grab and for a topper no less.

#53 2 years ago

It's expensive because it's more fun than the game it sits on.

#54 2 years ago

Does it move...?

#55 2 years ago

I know no one cares what I think. But I think this topper is hideous. It’s way to big and just flat out gross.

#56 2 years ago

Just because it's limited doesn't mean it's worth anything. If you can sell a $5000 pinball topper then my hats off to you.

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Does it move...?

It might move your Johnson.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

It might move your Johnson.

Your wallet. It moves your wallet.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Does it move...?

george-costanza-panic.gifgeorge-costanza-panic.gif
#60 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Does it move...?

Only when you sell it.

#61 2 years ago

I've never been a topper guy, but some people love them. I honestly don't get it...Anyway, I would certainly be curious to know if anyone actually buys this thing and what it actually sells for? Usually the final sale price is not listed when the add is closed unfortunately.

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I know no one cares what I think. But I think this topper is hideous. It’s way to big and just flat out gross.

I kind of agree. I wouldn't call it hideous per se, but seeing it on the game, I'm not sure I really like the way it looks. I think you're right though, it would be better if it was scaled down like 75%.

#63 2 years ago

I'll give you the 20 Walmart Dollars that it's worth.

#64 2 years ago

"It is with such unfortunate circumstances"............ that you don't know how to use a tape measure. You could have avoided this "unfortunate circumstance" if only you could have circumnavigated this problem. But alas, if only, if only you had know how to navigate the complicated workings of......... the tape measure. OH THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL!

QSS

#65 2 years ago

Come on now, you guys are getting a little mean here.

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrtattooz:

I have deluxe edition of only 75 made and these things put on a killer light show!!

Does the deluxe edition also fog? Your game looks incredible by the way.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Does the deluxe edition also fog? Your game looks incredible by the way.

No

#68 2 years ago

Back in my day you could buy an entire Met Pro for $5000….

#69 2 years ago

Anyone who’s ever seen the real Ark in Raiders will agree that the size of it to the handles and lid are waaay out of scale… It almost looks like a Funko-pop version or something.

3 months later
#70 2 years ago

No comment on the price although anyone defending 5k is out of their mind. I don’t have any issue with someone putting it up on the marketplace though - why not. I did the same with my GB topper and actually pulled it back b/c I would miss it too much. So topper sickness is real.

The problem for me is that the topper is WAY too big and looks bad. Too gaudy. It’s so clear the topper wasn’t made for the machine. I liked the Hobbit topper for what it was although even that, I wasn’t overly impressed. So far, from what I’ve seen - I’ve been disappointed which is why I never bought one for my IJTPA.

The schill videos about these toppers? Disgusting. It’s what I hate most about this hobby.

#71 2 years ago

Market will dictate the selling price. I’ll never understand why folks need to tell stories to justify listing. It offends those of us who can see what’s going on.

What also offends? Gold paper. 3D printing lines. Grossly out of scale. If I offered my topper for what I paid or a loss those same folks would be pm’ing immediately.

This thing looks so good it’s sacrilegious.

#72 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No comment on the price although anyone defending 5k is out of their mind. I don’t have any issue with someone putting it up on the marketplace though - why not. I did the same with my GB topper and actually pulled it back b/c I would miss it too much. So topper sickness is real.
The problem for me is that the topper is WAY too big and looks bad. Too gaudy. It’s so clear the topper wasn’t made for the machine. I liked the Hobbit topper for what it was although even that, I wasn’t overly impressed. So far, from what I’ve seen - I’ve been disappointed which is why I never bought one for my IJTPA.
The schill videos about these toppers? Disgusting. It’s what I hate most about this hobby.

Speaking of Shil videos to go along with this hobby, they just dropped a new POTC pinball topper. Looks neat!

#73 2 years ago

10k by Christmas

#74 2 years ago

Alternatively there’s this period correct golden typewriter for much less. Just add two mini fog machines from Amazon and DIY your own version.

AFEE7D84-3038-435B-95B5-5A381F45F2CE (resized).jpegAFEE7D84-3038-435B-95B5-5A381F45F2CE (resized).jpeg
#75 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Speaking of Shil videos to go along with this hobby, they just dropped a new POTC pinball topper. Looks neat!

Haha yeah I’ve seen the video. Although it should have had a paid promotion label, we’re talking toppers and that’s something that Zack (IMO) has been the pioneer in promoting and supporting early on. He’s been 100% right in saying there is a market that continues to be untapped and clearly this topper illustrates why that is accurate. You have to think that at 2500, there was still money left on the table which is crazy but the market has spoken!

Added over 2 years ago:

Paid promotion label is included! Glad to see.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Haha yeah I’ve seen the video. Although it should have had a paid promotion label, we’re talking toppers and that’s something that Zack (IMO) has been the pioneer in promoting and supporting early on. He’s been 100% right in saying there is a market that continues to be untapped and clearly this topper illustrates why that is accurate. You have to think that at 2500, there was still money left on the table which is crazy but the market has spoken!

Delt, take a look at how disappointed Greg is that you missed the Paid Promotion banner on the video. Hahaha. I know you don’t like these types of product videos, but I do appreciate you giving credit for my love of toppers. We had fun making the video and even more fun showing it to the pinball world. Certainly not a product for everyone though I agree.

1D48CDB1-2536-4C33-9FB3-94F61940ECF7 (resized).jpeg1D48CDB1-2536-4C33-9FB3-94F61940ECF7 (resized).jpeg
#77 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Truth. Sold out in a few hours. I am in on the decoder ring super secret Elite club thingy.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Alternatively there’s this period correct golden typewriter for much less. Just add two mini fog machines from Amazon and DIY your own version.[quoted image]

But will it fit on my pin or just look silly.

Fuck it. I’ll take two.

#79 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Delt, take a look at how disappointed Greg is that you missed the Paid Promotion banner on the video. Hahaha. I know you don’t like these types of product videos, but I do appreciate you giving credit for my love of toppers. We had fun making the video and even more fun showing it to the pinball world. Certainly not a product for everyone though I agree.[quoted image]

Paid promotion 4 the win. Get paid but admitting you’re being paid is the stand up thing to do so I’m glad to see it’s labeled as such.

#80 2 years ago

Hmm...seems like we might have finally found the ceiling for the topper market!

I guess 5k is too much. Maybe try 4k? We need to find out what the true number is.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-limited-edition-elite-pinball-topper-only-25/page/2?hl=mrsiyufy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.