(Topic ID: 306152)

Indiana Jones Limited Edition Elite Pinball Topper (only 25)

By ThePinballTodd

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1D48CDB1-2536-4C33-9FB3-94F61940ECF7 (resized).jpeg
AFEE7D84-3038-435B-95B5-5A381F45F2CE (resized).jpeg
george-costanza-panic.gif
20211206_185942 (resized).jpg
20211206_185942 (resized).jpg
4F67CAA2-FCBC-4BD6-923F-337B2B7ABD3D (resized).jpeg
F8C66B52-1FF9-4E0B-9276-313EAEF02CE0.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
IJTopper (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

Indiana Jones Limited Edition Elite Pinball Topper (only 25)

Added: 2021-12-15 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (November 24th, 2022) • Ended: December 2nd, 2022
Condition: New (selling multiple)

3 Pinsiders added this ad to their favorites.

Price

$ 5,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

This is the limited edition of only 25 made and with gold leaf on the outside. It was never taken out of the box. The box was opened to ensure that it was not damaged in shipping. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Item photos

IJTopper (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are ThePinballTodd's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to ThePinballTodd's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Washington Township, NJ, US

#2 2 years ago

Game included ?

#3 2 years ago

Heck of a deal.
Wish I was closer.

#4 2 years ago

I always think it’s unfortunate too when I double my money

#5 2 years ago

There are worst ways to blow 5k lol

#7 2 years ago

what a joke, its like telling your kid is in a wheelchair but you need 5k to buy a rolex....

#8 2 years ago

maybe start a" go fund me" while at it? Man, we really feel for you, such a misfortune. Pretty sure you'll survive though!

#9 2 years ago

Keep your head up and try and stay positive, it’s all going to be OK.

Hopefully the $2500 you net from the sale of this will cover some of the costs associated with your grief counseling sessions.

#10 2 years ago

I'm sorry but I can't help it. You paid thousands of dollars for a topper to put on your game without even making sure of the size and if it would fit. Wow

#11 2 years ago

Fomo at it's finest here.

#12 2 years ago

Just cut the legs of the machine. Problem solved. Duh

#13 2 years ago

Is it just me, or does the topper look to be 3D printed, with all the "layer witness lines" still visible, which plagues all 3D printed things? couldn't this thing be made for like 50 bucks??

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

couldn't this thing be made for like 50 bucks??

probably was .....unless they used real gold ?

#15 2 years ago

Does it have lights? Animations? Could be printed, but can’t tell for sure. If it is it sure would take a while. So glad the topper bug never bit me. Not in a million years would I consider this. Maybe it’s 5000 Korean won not Dollars. Lol! (Having just watched Squid games)

#16 2 years ago

Cant you buy a stern IJ for the same price?

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

Does it have lights? Animations?

Looks like maybe it has a miniature fog machine?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#18 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Just about. Depending on condition

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Looks like maybe it has a miniature fog machine?

it does .... nothing like adding moisture to the top of a pinball machine where there are vent holes 6 inches below it for the boards to breath !

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

it does .... nothing like adding moisture to the top of a pinball machine where there are vent holes 6 inches below it for the boards to breath !

That fog juice sits in a sealed unit and isn't going to cause any issues.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from exflexer:

That fog juice sits in a sealed unit and isn't going to cause any issues.

i believe he's talking about the fog itself -

Could be wrong. Happened once before.

#22 2 years ago

SDTM did an episode on these.

#23 2 years ago

Just watched the video. Super cool, but not for me. Probably not that off on the price tbh. Things are truly out of control.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

doesn't look like the fog mist is contained ?

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

SDTM did an episode on these.

This video made the topper way cooler, imo. It looks fantastic the way they present it

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Could be wrong. Happened once before.

The moisture content of that type of fog isn't going to cause any damage. It's of the heated glycol/glycerine type. The humidity of most peoples basements are far more impactful than that little fogger what triggers every so often.

Anyways all 3 editions of that topper is sweet and i hope they produce some more for other titles. 5K is a bit steep but 3K is probably where it would go.

#27 2 years ago

I agree it looks cool, but why is printed plastic and a couple small foggers worth more than even 1K?

#28 2 years ago

I don’t get toppers. Especially expensive ones

#29 2 years ago

Cool topper, but I paid $2500 for my IJ in 2002. That would be nuts that my topper cost twice as much as my machine. I'll pass.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

You could, but would you want too?

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

They did use real gold. All 25 had gold foil installed all over the ark. Looks friggen amazing.

#32 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

They did use real gold. All 25 had gold foil installed all over the ark. Looks friggen amazing.

Can I melt it down and mold a $5 ring instead. If so I'm in!

#33 2 years ago

New Jersey Strong!

#34 2 years ago

Game available for an additional $50k

#35 2 years ago

Imagine trying to explain to a rational person that you spent $5k not on a pinball machine, but on a decoration that goes on top of a pinball machine.

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Gold leaf foil is pretty cheep. $2 for a 12” x 12” sheet
https://www.michaels.com/gold-brushstroke-foil-paper-by-recollections/10394185.html

#37 2 years ago

24K golf leaf is a bit more expensive, about 12 times the price you quoted. $55 for the amount equal to two 12" x12" sheets. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RJTFH1C/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0

#38 2 years ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Imagine trying to explain to a rational person that you spent $5k not on a pinball machine, but on a decoration that goes on top of a pinball machine.

I love how these toppers never have a Bill of Materials. The topper sickness is sad right now. Grown men proving they literally have more money than brains spending Thousands on little plastic toys that might move for half a second with a blinky light that cost dozens of dollars to make.

“Yeah but this one has a $23 fog machine from Amazon hooked up to it!!!”

#39 2 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Grown men proving they literally have more money than brains spending Thousands on little plastic toys that might move for half a second with a blinky light that cost dozens of dollars to make.

You know, most people believe that about a grown man buying a pinball machine, right? When people ask me how much one of my machines cost, they look at me like I'm crazy with a comment like, "What? That's crazy!"

When I bought my AFM years ago for $3500, my neighbor told my wife, "Wow! I would never let Mike (her husband) buy a pinball machine for that much."

Funny thing, she buys $3,000 purses all the time. My point is people have different priorities, hobbies, collectibles and budgets.

For instance, I rarely travel and think it's ridiculous to spend thousands of dollars on a trip that last a few days. Yeah, I know "It's the memories". LOL. I'm not knocking travelers, it's just not my thing. Low priority. Having said that, I agree $5K for a topper is crazy, but to someone else it might not be.

#40 2 years ago

That’s gold colored paper. Nice try.

I bought one, yep. Bought into the hype but also my IJ was my first pin in 2005, so decided to spoil her. Silly purchase? Maybe, but within my pin budget.

Gotta see it in person. Does look amazing.

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

You know, most people believe that about a grown man buying a pinball machine, right? When people ask me how much one of my machines cost, they look at me like I'm crazy with a comment like, "What? That's crazy!"
When I bought my AFM years ago for $3500, my neighbor told my wife, "Wow! I would never let Mike (her husband) buy a pinball machine for that much."
Funny thing, she buys $3,000 purses all the time. My point is people have different priorities, hobbies, collectibles and budgets.

Yeah…

F8C66B52-1FF9-4E0B-9276-313EAEF02CE0.gifF8C66B52-1FF9-4E0B-9276-313EAEF02CE0.gif
#42 2 years ago

Wow still available?

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

24K golf leaf is a bit more expensive, about 12 times the price you quoted. $55 for the amount equal to two 12" x12" sheets. amazon.com link »

I stand corrected. Thank you!

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from rx3:

For instance, I rarely travel and think it's ridiculous to spend thousands of dollars on a trip that last a few days. Yeah, I know "It's the memories". LOL. I'm not knocking travelers, it's just not my thing. Low priority. Having said that, I agree $5K for a topper is crazy, but to someone else it might not be.

4F67CAA2-FCBC-4BD6-923F-337B2B7ABD3D (resized).jpeg4F67CAA2-FCBC-4BD6-923F-337B2B7ABD3D (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#45 2 years ago

I have deluxe edition of only 75 made and these things put on a killer light show!!

20211206_185942 (resized).jpg20211206_185942 (resized).jpg
#46 2 years ago
Quoted from Seatmandan:

Is it just me, or does the topper look to be 3D printed, with all the "layer witness lines" still visible, which plagues all 3D printed things? couldn't this thing be made for like 50 bucks??

No 3D printing with these toppers at all. I have the Deluxe Edition the one just below this one and I can say for sure these are top notch hand made toppers.

20211206_185942 (resized).jpg20211206_185942 (resized).jpg
#47 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

It is hard leafed in 24 karat gold. Go to Elitetoppers.com and you can see the process they go through to make these.

#48 2 years ago

The negative comments are amazing. I mean if it's not something you'd buy then why knock the next guy?

They are very limited and I guarantee you someone will purchase this topper. Williams IJ is one of if not they best pinball machine made in that era.

Yet I see people buying Rick and Morty machines for $15,000 and they do so, because they love the cartoon.

Nobody should be knocking anyone else. It's fair to say we all love this hobby and if you don't have anything nice to say then maybe just keep scrolling. Good day all

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrtattooz:

The negative comments are amazing. I mean if it's not something you'd buy then why knock the next guy?
They are very limited and I guarantee you someone will purchase this topper. Williams IJ is one of if not they best pinball machine made in that era.
Yet I see people buying Rick and Morty machines for $15,000 and they do so, because they love the cartoon.
Nobody should be knocking anyone else. It's fair to say we all love this hobby and if you don't have anything nice to say then maybe just keep scrolling. Good day all

I get why they’d call out the seller. Excuse of not measuring height, his sacrifice of only asking 220% over what he paid, and blah blah.

It should’ve ended there, but the tearing down comments on the product without bothering to research is silly.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I get why they’d call out the seller. Excuse of not measuring height, his sacrifice of only asking 220% over what he paid, and blah blah.
It should’ve ended there, but the tearing down comments on the product without bothering to research is silly.

i think the knocks on the topper were more about questioning how any topper can be worth 5k, and it was exacerbated by the OP saying it was a sacrifice to try to flip it at double the price.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-limited-edition-elite-pinball-topper-only-25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.