Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3914_(resized).JPG
IMG_3915_(resized).JPG
#1 8 years ago

Hi, i have a new issue with IJ, where the shooter keeps shooting balls non stop at the start of the game. i saw some recent threads similar to this, which advised checking F115 and F116. I checked both, and both appear visually to be fine.

I took the following photos of the switch test matrix and the ball trough led boards. I noticed a red light on the LED board, and noticed that the switch matrix in column 8 is void of squares, which I don't think is good.

I was not able to activate any trough switches during test I was able to activate switch 85 and switch 87, but not 86.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

IMG_3915_(resized).JPGIMG_3915_(resized).JPG

IMG_3914_(resized).JPGIMG_3914_(resized).JPG

#2 8 years ago

I'd get #86 working first and then see where you are at. ( or new ball trough boards, those have had some repairs )

LTG : )

#3 8 years ago

clean trough optos with alcohol and qtips. no good then trough opto boards like LTG said. the superpins suck with bad trough opto boards

#4 8 years ago

your trough connectors look like they need some work

#5 8 years ago

The transmitter board looks like it might have a bad IR LED.

There should be two green LED's lit and the center one is off. Usually that means that one of the IR LED's has failed. If you pull off the transmitter board and take a look at it with a phone camera, you are likely to find that the 4 on the right are not lit.

Unplug the board and check each LED with a DMM set to diode check. Red lead to round pad, black lead to square pad. If the LED is good, it should give you a reading of some form. If it is bad (blown) it won't read anything. Also, if you find one that reads 0 or if you DMM beeps at you, it is likely that the LED shorted out (and then possibly cause one or more of the others to blow.

Replace any that are bad.

Hope that helps!

Tony

1 week later
#6 8 years ago

Guys, thank you all so much - it appears that all of you were right! I had a friend out to help me (as I am a newbie), Four of the LEDS were bad on the trough opto board.

I think rather try and repair the board, i will just replace. I assume I should do both the transmitter and receiver boards?

Also, my friend redid the connectors. We noticed something, not sure if this is normal, but if you look at the picture, the two green lines on the left both go into the same connector "pin".... I noticed on the board, that pin one said 12v, and pin 2 said 12v, so it caught my attention that both green wires where going to pin 1, and no wire was connected to pin 2...

1 month later
#7 7 years ago

Hi All, just fixed this issue, and I want to say thanks to everyone who helped. Basically installed the Great Lakes Modular Ball Trough Opto boards, and all is good. Great help on the site, and GLM was awesome.

Finally, here is what I love so far about this hobby, the guy I bought my game from has been really spectacular about coming over and fixing issues that have arisen, total gem.

Thanks all!

Carl

#8 7 years ago

Yes,I remplaced mine last week,so I expect 10 years of good service

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 85.00
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-issue-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.