Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinball45
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

I have a Indiana Jones Issue i need help on. When playing the game, it will cut completely off and stop playing. There is power to all the boards, etc... but will stop playing. All the lights are out on the playfield, backglass etc. Again, the lights on the boards are on and the one light that normally flashes on the board is now a solid red not flashing. Sometimes it is solid and sometimes it flashes. What is causing this. Is the board going bad?

#2 12 years ago

Well it seems the CPU is crashing. Does the machine reset? Does it shut down when you use the flippers? Are you on a steady power source, as in not below 117 volts? Is the circuit the machine is on under other significant loads?

#3 12 years ago

Thanks Crashdance22... The machine will play for hours then it will just shut down and not play. Then i can't get it running again for hours. It does reset it self. It does not shut down when i push the flippers. Yes, on a steady power source. Just two pinballs are plugged in. My father is a master electrician and told me it is 100% not the recepticals or voltage that is causing this. I was told it had two new boards in the machine. Not sure if the CPU board is one of them. On the CPU board it does show a solid red light in lieu of flashing. But it comes and goes w/ that. So you think i need a new CPU board. How can i tell?

#4 12 years ago

If it happens after some time then it's most likely a heat issue. If the board is acting sporadically I would have it examined by someone. Look it over and check for bulging capacitors. If you can, check the bridge rectifiers with a multimeter for correct continuity.

#5 12 years ago

How much is a new CPU board for this machine. As you can tell, i love playing them but don't know much about them.

#6 12 years ago

A new one may not be neccessary, unless you want to spend the money on a replacement rather than a repair (in some cases this is worth it).

#7 12 years ago

Sounds like the ol' bridge rectifier problem. It's common and causes the symptoms you describe. If you're not handy with soldering on boards then I suggest you send the big driver board to Rob Anthony (Borygard)

Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#8 12 years ago

You can probably tell which board are the originals because they will have a sticker on them with the same serial number as the machine.

99% of boards are repairable and it is much cheaper than buying a new one. Usually only a few items on a board are bad. Likely needs new bridges and capacitors as these have a life span of about 10 years and this pin is well over that.

Make sure you mark all the connectors you remove with the connector number so you know how they go back together again. I use a sharpie and put J120, J121 etc..

#9 12 years ago

Thank you all for the info. All of this is very helpful. I really appreciate it..

#10 12 years ago

Replace your Bridge Rectifers. This happened to my LW3. Also had bad leaking capacitors on Power supply board. I pulled the power board and took it to Atari Jim in Tampa FL.

2 years later
#11 10 years ago

there are right,if you know parts,electronics,and a good multimeter,you can figure the basics
out.the other common issue was withe the cpu board with the battery clip.leaks causing
damages.also check for bad solder joints on the header pins.
*other things to check
wire connectors to headers on the power board
bad wires to the connectors,or loose
*i could go on,it took me forever to fix a indy i had to work on.
but got it going.
get a manual,schematics,part list.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

12,500 (OBO)
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.