Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Craig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Wonder if anyone can help. I replaced the right flipper mechanism on my Indiana Jones the other day. (It was working but weak.) Ever since, the top right fuse blows on the Fliptronics board every time I power on. The left flipper works in test mode, but neither flipper works when running the game. I have switched out the coil, switched out the Fliptronics board, but neither did any good. Of course, I also rechecked the soldering, reset the cables, etc. I can't for the life of me figure out what else could be causing this, and I am about to run out of fuses--again.

While I am on the subject and just to keep me sane, would someone with an IJ please post a photo of the wiring on the coil and EOS switch on the right flipper? I believe I have all those right, but I am beginning to doubt everything about this setup.

Thanks in advance! I haven't been on Pinside much since taking a new job and moving, but it is great to know I can turn to this group for help.

#2 4 years ago

Found this image, so I am checking against that...

https://www.thepinballcompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/20190128_111610.jpg

Can't see any problem with my wiring.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks so much. I will pursue this once I get more fuses! I went to our local Lowes and Home Depot, and neither had them. I ordered a bunch yesterday from Pinball Life along with some other things. Perhaps I can dig into this more next weekend, if not sooner. I PMed Lloyd, too, and he suggested that it might be a transistor.

One thing I failed to mention (and for some reason didn't notice originally) was that, when a new fuse is in place, the right flipper immediately engages the moment the machine is turned on. In about a second, it drops, which I assume is the moment the fuse blows. For the record, in test mode, the left flipper works perfectly, as do the EOS switches on both sides, as do both flipper buttons. In game mode, the flipper buttons do nothing, so even the left flipper cannot be used. Does any of this alter your notion as to what might be happening?

I really appreciate the help. This has to be solvable.

#6 4 years ago

Q11 is out, not Q2, as I had suspected. It is entirely possible that I fried the diodes on the original coil without realizing it. On the other hand, I am pretty sure that I have not changed the (correct) wiring on the spare coil that I replaced it with afterward. Wish I could say that with 100% certainty. Perhaps it would be safest to replace it again rather than risking frying another transistor.

Anyway, does the Q11 help to make this behavior make sense?

#8 4 years ago

This all makes sense, except that it is in fact F901 that I am blowing. I checked all twelve transistors on the top of the board, and Q11 is the only one that is bad, and the machine is behaving exactly as you suggested. Perhaps the manual is wrong.

#10 4 years ago

Seems like we're heading toward a solution. One way or another, I'll get the original board fixed and replace the coil again (just to be safe). If that doesn't work, well, it won't be the first time it took weeks to resolve such a problem. Anyway, you've been great, just as I would expect from an Iowan! (Both my folks came from Iowa, my brother and my wife both went to Iowa State, and I have lots of cousins still there.)

#14 4 years ago

Super. It all makes sense...in retrospect!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Craig.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-ij-flipper-issue?tu=Craig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.