(Topic ID: 29083)

Indiana Jones High end restoration thread (my high end)

By stephenshane237

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

INDY_GOLD.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DSCN1027.JPG
DSCN1026.JPG
DSCN1025.JPG
DSCN1024.JPG
DSCN1023.JPG
DSCN1022.JPG
DSCN1021.JPG
DSCN1020.JPG
DSCN1019.JPG
DSCN1018.JPG
DSCN1017.JPG
DSCN1016.JPG
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 11 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Oh man you're killing me! I'm still waiting for my playfield back to finish up. Yours is looking awesome!! At least I'm finished with my cabinet while I wait for the playfield.
Kevin

Stay patient parts will be there as soon as you know it, it only took 3 days when I got my playfield back to get it back together.

#102 11 years ago

To compare here's a photorealistic Terminator 2 table. I also saw a great photographic EM table months back but I can't find it now for the life of me.

// Error: Image 70994 not found //

#103 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

To compare here's a photorealistic Terminator 2 table. I also saw a great photographic EM table months back but I can't find it now for the life of me.

Got it will see what I can do

#104 11 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

Stay patient parts will be there as soon as you know it, it only took 3 days when I got my playfield back to get it back together.

Glad to hear it went back together so well and pretty quickly. I did my TZ at about the same time as you and it was pretty involved, but I also feel IJ is going to go a little quicker. I can't wait to see the improvement in speed with a new clear coated playfield. I hope you are enjoying yours, well done!
BTW, my restoration was also fueled by beer and gin

#105 11 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Glad to hear it went back together so well and pretty quickly. I did my TZ at about the same time as you and it was pretty involved, but I also feel IJ is going to go a little quicker. I can't wait to see the improvement in speed with a new clear coated playfield. I hope you are enjoying yours, well done!
BTW, my restoration was also fueled by beer and gin

The odd thing about the clearcoat is that it was not that fast in the beginning but after some plays it speeds up not sure why

#106 11 years ago

Beautiful. Still on my wishlist to get one day, I'll take yours

#107 11 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Beautiful. Still on my wishlist to get one day, I'll take yours

Its not for sale yet don't know if I will be able to ever let this one go !

#108 11 years ago

Excellent work! I'm so torn as to how far I want to take mine. I love Mike's work, but damn that's a lot for plating. I hadn't thought about doing all of the ramps, but now that I see those, I think I need mine done. However, adding those to the mix, I'm starting to reconsider finding a local plater. Looks absolutely stunning, though!

#109 11 years ago
Quoted from Jedidentist:

Excellent work! I'm so torn as to how far I want to take mine. I love Mike's work, but damn that's a lot for plating. I hadn't thought about doing all of the ramps, but now that I see those, I think I need mine done. However, adding those to the mix, I'm starting to reconsider finding a local plater. Looks absolutely stunning, though!

plating the ramps, apron, divertor, and some other misc parts will make your game stand out against ay other. Keep in mind I purchased new legs, new coin door, side rails, and all the backbox pieces new you can trim down the bill a little bit.

#110 11 years ago

No, I'd be doing the same thing. My lockdown bar has a tiny ding in it and you can see the small spot weld spots...that won't grind out. My side rails have much bigger dings too. The only thing I'll reuse is my back hinge. I have a local guy who will plate it all for $500 and I'll still buy Mike's coin door. I'm staying with the black gun though. My problem right now is that I'm working on building a home theater in my attic, so that takes my available free time. I also keep going back and forth on removing the Mylar on my playfield and having it cleared. I'm worried about the insert decals lifting.

#111 11 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

By the way anyone close in Ohio that wants a project done I have room to do one, or if you needed a mini restoration and needed the tools I have rottisserie, stapler, electronic tools, etc. be glad to help for free (except alcohol)

I will take you up on this when I make room for the next pin And maybe I can talk John into another one to keep that demo man company....

#112 11 years ago
Quoted from mflis2000:

I will take you up on this when I make room for the next pin And maybe I can talk John into another one to keep that demo man company....

Sounds good be happy to help on another one

#113 11 years ago

Any luck on getting VP creators interested?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 12.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

12,500 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-high-end-restoration-thread-my-high-end/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.