(Topic ID: 29083)

Indiana Jones High end restoration thread (my high end)

By stephenshane237

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 16 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

INDY_GOLD.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
DSCN1027.JPG
DSCN1026.JPG
DSCN1025.JPG
DSCN1024.JPG
DSCN1023.JPG
DSCN1022.JPG
DSCN1021.JPG
DSCN1020.JPG
DSCN1019.JPG
DSCN1018.JPG
DSCN1017.JPG
DSCN1016.JPG
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 11 years ago

If you poly the cabinet first it is as easy as can be and they tack up really fast, I did a head before that was just painted not poly'd and it did get some planking it does go away but I would never do coin door or cab side decals without it, the head ones I do dry though.

#52 11 years ago

Good to know. I did multiple coats and sanding of varathane on my TZ and I will do it for IJ too.
So, I gather I'll get good results with rapid tack and have the flexibility of aligning the decals perfectly. Thanks for the input.

Kevin

#53 11 years ago

extremely simple when using rapid tac, make sure on indiana jone the decals do not match up on the upper and lower pillars so line up the top one because the bottom one is covered by the legs, I noticed it this way on the original factory decals as well.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Definitely want to see pics if you decide to two-tone the gun, I agree that the grips being offset from the brass would really help it pop.
What was your thinking? Just mask everything off and powdercoat?

I am going to do the grips in pearl white simulated ivory just looking for the right powder guy for this job. should be stunning when the gun is done

2 months later
#56 11 years ago

Ok playfield finally back from HSA pinball and all I can say is I am stunned they did awesome work. The pictures do this playfield no justice it is glass smooth and polished to perfection.

DSCN0955.JPGDSCN0955.JPG DSCN0957.JPGDSCN0957.JPG DSCN0958.JPGDSCN0958.JPG

#57 11 years ago

Time to start rebuilding, sorry this thread is not as detailed as my last one on TZ. All playfield machinery is dissasembled, cleaned, coil wrappers removed and replaced with new ones, all sleeves, and springs, as well as armatures are replaced as well.

DSCN0962.JPGDSCN0962.JPG DSCN0963.JPGDSCN0963.JPG DSCN0964.JPGDSCN0964.JPG

#58 11 years ago

As I populate the playfield I start to install upper playfield ball guides, ramps, and posts because some of them are a pain to do after underside is completely populated. Notice the gold work from mike chesnut on pieces being installed this is going to look amazing when done can't wait.

DSCN0960.JPGDSCN0960.JPG DSCN0959.JPGDSCN0959.JPG DSCN0961.JPGDSCN0961.JPG

#59 11 years ago

More upper photos... posts and ball guides going in starting to look like a playfield.

DSCN0967.JPGDSCN0967.JPG DSCN0969.JPGDSCN0969.JPG DSCN0970.JPGDSCN0970.JPG

#60 11 years ago

More photos as this comes together..

DSCN0972.JPGDSCN0972.JPG DSCN0974.JPGDSCN0974.JPG DSCN0978.JPGDSCN0978.JPG

#61 11 years ago

Back to the underside to finish populating machinery and installing harnesses.

DSCN0979.JPGDSCN0979.JPG DSCN0980.JPGDSCN0980.JPG DSCN0981.JPGDSCN0981.JPG

#62 11 years ago

And these are the last pictures due to my camera not working so sorry but I just kept finishing it t get it done so I will post finished pictures later.

DSCN0982.JPGDSCN0982.JPG DSCN0983.JPGDSCN0983.JPG

#63 11 years ago

And now the finished product tons of photos as I am rather proud of this one !

DSCN1003.JPGDSCN1003.JPG DSCN1005.JPGDSCN1005.JPG DSCN1008.JPGDSCN1008.JPG

#64 11 years ago

more....

DSCN1009.JPGDSCN1009.JPG DSCN1010.JPGDSCN1010.JPG DSCN1012.JPGDSCN1012.JPG

#65 11 years ago

DSCN1016.JPGDSCN1016.JPG DSCN1017.JPGDSCN1017.JPG DSCN1018.JPGDSCN1018.JPG

#66 11 years ago

DSCN1019.JPGDSCN1019.JPG DSCN1020.JPGDSCN1020.JPG DSCN1021.JPGDSCN1021.JPG

#67 11 years ago

DSCN1022.JPGDSCN1022.JPG DSCN1023.JPGDSCN1023.JPG DSCN1024.JPGDSCN1024.JPG

#68 11 years ago

last ones.

DSCN1025.JPGDSCN1025.JPG DSCN1026.JPGDSCN1026.JPG DSCN1027.JPGDSCN1027.JPG

#69 11 years ago

I am literally drooling over your pics of your clean IJ.

Mmmm.... clean playfield.

#70 11 years ago

Wow, That's a Beautiful IJ. Great Job!!

#71 11 years ago

Incredible!

#72 11 years ago

This one was a fun one to do and much easier than TZ. Everything was replaced to make this look and play like new, all new switches, drop targets, ramp, plastics, pops, airplanes, Idol head (NOS), lost plastic, most hardware etc. All harnesses cleaned, new decals, all boards checked out, full CT LED super kit and beatifull gold plating work by mike chesnut. I apoligize for the brief descriptions of the work that was done step by step but check out my TZ thread here http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-high-end-restoration-thread-my-high-end

This was the second high end full restoration I have done and this one went much faster with zero issues once I fired it up. Thanks for looking !

#73 11 years ago

Great job brother! This machine looks amazing, better than new.

#74 11 years ago

Thanks. took some time waiting on parts but it was worth it

#75 11 years ago

I'm jealous. You're close enough for a day trip...

#76 11 years ago

Wow. So, if you're looking for another IJ to do...

#77 11 years ago

Oh man you're killing me! I'm still waiting for my playfield back to finish up. Yours is looking awesome!! At least I'm finished with my cabinet while I wait for the playfield.

Kevin

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

I'm jealous. You're close enough for a day trip...

Thinking about taking IJ and TZ to the ohio show but a little scared about one of them getting scratched or gouged.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Oh man you're killing me! I'm still waiting for my playfield back to finish up. Yours is looking awesome!! At least I'm finished with my cabinet while I wait for the playfield.
Kevin

Plays really different now compared to before the restoration way faster and more responsive but the best looking game out there IMO.

#81 11 years ago
Quoted from johnwartjr:

Is it gold or brass?

Its brass plated with laquer clear put over top to protect.

#82 11 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

Thinking about taking IJ and TZ to the ohio show but a little scared about one of them getting scratched or gouged.

I understand, but I'm going to the Ohio show and would love to see them -- might need some drool towels

#83 11 years ago

Any chance this is the IJ my neighbor helped carry in when he bought the Demolition Man?

#84 11 years ago

Wow >> wish i had gotten my lockdown reciever powdercoated also!

where do people get the high voltage and "install X balls" stickers from?

#85 11 years ago

I'm sorry but I really don't like the orange rails on IJ each to their own I guess.

#86 11 years ago

This is just awesome:

INDY_GOLD.jpgINDY_GOLD.jpg

I will be giving my Congo the same treatment. Did you do all the metal on the playfield or just most of it? I'm trying to decide how far I wanna go.

#87 11 years ago

You deserve a cold beer after that project my man... Looks phenomenal!

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from mflis2000:

Any chance this is the IJ my neighbor helped carry in when he bought the Demolition Man?

That is the very same machine hows the demo man thats a fun game ?

#89 11 years ago

3 months turnaround on the playfield is a great turnaround time.

#90 11 years ago

Hey Stephen, what resolution is your camera? If you can can you get another picture like this and save the original file straight from the camera? If you can manage to get it as centered as possible and cut off the backbox at the top it would make an AMAZING photo for a Visual Pinball recreation. Maybe one with full room lighting and one with dim room lighting? This would also allow tens of thousands of others to appreciate your work! It would be stunning to play an IJ recreation of this quality on a virtual pinball cabinet!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-high-end-restoration-thread-my-high-end/page/2?bb_attachments=633689&bbat=70725

#91 11 years ago

That is the very same machine hows the demo man thats a fun game ?

It is doing very well! You did beautiful work on it. After my neighbor played my T2 (not as nice as the demo man), he had to have one so I started searching for him, found your's and now he's hooked.

#92 11 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

This is just awesome:

I will be giving my Congo the same treatment. Did you do all the metal on the playfield or just most of it? I'm trying to decide how far I wanna go.

All the ramps, and most other keyt items that show I think all in all I spent $2,000 on plating work.

#93 11 years ago
Quoted from Jam_Burglar:

3 months turnaround on the playfield is a great turnaround time.

Yup 3 months almost to the day, keep in mind this was a very nice core no wear through not a ton of touchup but well used.

#94 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Hey Stephen, what resolution is your camera? If you can can you get another picture like this and save the original file straight from the camera? If you can manage to get it as centered as possible and cut off the backbox at the top it would make an AMAZING photo for a Visual Pinball recreation. Maybe one with full room lighting and one with dim room lighting? This would also allow tens of thousands of others to appreciate your work! It would be stunning to play an IJ recreation of this quality on a virtual pinball cabinet!
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-high-end-restoration-thread-my-high-end/page/2?bb_attachments=633689&bbat=70725

I was taking these photos to size them because they would be to big otherwise, but I can do 1 I believe ad upload. Do you need machine on with lights, or machine off photos ?

#95 11 years ago
Quoted from mflis2000:

It is doing very well! You did beautiful work on it. After my neighbor played my T2 (not as nice as the demo man), he had to have one so I started searching for him, found your's and now he's hooked.

That DM had a great playfield , If I could have gotten cabinet decals for it I would not have sold it just a little to much cabinet damage for me as you can see I like them in as new condition but if you can't get the artwork it can't look new.

#96 11 years ago
Quoted from PinJer:

You deserve a cold beer after that project my man... Looks phenomenal!

I think it took 4 cases of beer and a 3 5th's of vodka in total to be exact !

#97 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wow >> wish i had gotten my lockdown reciever powdercoated also!
where do people get the high voltage and "install X balls" stickers from?

You can get them from Marcos

#98 11 years ago

By the way anyone close in Ohio that wants a project done I have room to do one, or if you needed a mini restoration and needed the tools I have rottisserie, stapler, electronic tools, etc. be glad to help for free (except alcohol)

#99 11 years ago

I was taking these photos to size them because they would be to big otherwise, but I can do 1 I believe ad upload. Do you need machine on with lights, or machine off photos ?

It was just a suggestion, I don't make VP tables. You can check with hassanchop, he's a leading virtual pinball table maker. Maybe him and JPSalas would like to do another photographic table. Maybe put the game in all lamp test mode and get a photo with all lamps on and one with all lamps off. I believe Visual Pinball just uses a base image and overlays smaller ones for lighting inserts, animating toys, etc. What I'm saying is it could make a great table but it's just an idea of mine.

Here's what we have right now, which looks pretty flat:

// Error: Image 70991 not found //

And a full screen top-down view for cabinets:

// Error: Image 70992 not found //

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from mflis2000:

I understand, but I'm going to the Ohio show and would love to see them -- might need some drool towels

Still thinking about it but I might be tempted to sell them and not sure I want to do that yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 1,419.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
12,500 (OBO)
$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-high-end-restoration-thread-my-high-end/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.