IMG_1336 (resized).jpg
IMG_1334 (resized).jpg
20190412_153641 (resized).jpg
20190412_153506 (resized).jpg
20190412_153321 (resized).jpg
CelebrationEddie (resized).jpg
20190407_185651 (resized).jpg
IMG_1290 (resized).jpg
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Cant wait for mine. Do you have an ETA on round 3 shipping?

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Cant wait for mine. Do you have an ETA on round 3 shipping?

Aiming to have run #3 shipped out next Friday (April 5th).

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Run #2 will be shipping out tomorrow for sure (PMs sent to everyone in this run). As these runs are taking a colossal amount of time and I have other things to attend to this coming month, I won't be accepting any new interest for now . I may accept one or two more orders for run #3 to honor those on my existing list that were on the fence, but otherwise, this mod will likely be discontinued for about 6 months. At that time I may see if there's interest for another couple runs (or perhaps just make some without the pressure of having customer money in hand [being that gold/LED has been 100% of the orders, that's what I'd make in that case]).
I plan to tackle some other IJ mods that will be more feasible for me to produce in a timely fashion, and my ACNC gets here tomorrow that will get some mod attention as well soon.
Was hoping to have more run #1 photos and videos by now, but I'm guessing the removal of the PoA is lending itself to a slower install rate for this mod.

Quoted from littlecammi:

Please add me to the list of people who definitely want this!
Gary aka littlecammi

Of course I PM'd you already Gary (and will fit you in if I can), but as this is a new page, I figured I'd reiterate for others that I'm halting production on these for at least a few months once run #3 is completed, so unless I don't fill run #3 with the existing interest list, I won't be able to accept new interest for awhile.

#53 5 years ago

My rails arrived today and installed them tonight. Really look good I think. Lovin' the green eyes! Some pics taken with flash... some without. Hard to photograph eyes lit as flashers aren't overly bright in test mode.

IMG_1293 (resized).jpgIMG_1293 (resized).jpgIMG_1299 (resized).jpgIMG_1299 (resized).jpgIMG_1290 (resized).jpgIMG_1290 (resized).jpgIMG_1286 (resized).jpgIMG_1286 (resized).jpgIMG_1285 (resized).jpgIMG_1285 (resized).jpgIMG_1284 (resized).jpgIMG_1284 (resized).jpg
#54 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

My rails arrived today and installed them tonight. Really look good I think. Lovin' the green eyes! Some pics taken with flash... some without. Hard to photograph eyes lit as flashers aren't overly bright in test mode.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those photos are awesome! Thank you Glad to know you're enjoying the mod and that the installation went well. The LED testing photos of your mod got one follower for green in run #3, so you won't be the only one

#55 5 years ago

After I installed these, I couldn't wait to take some pics and post them to show how great these look on the machine. What I didn't mention when I posted the pictures was how well these are made and how exact they fit. They were very simple to install and the fit was as if they came right from the factory. Everything lined up perfectly and mounted flush with the sides of the POA playfield. These are top notch right down to the wiring. If you are still on the fence, don't hesitate to replace the "out of place" (IMHO) red factory rails with these. Well worth it.

#56 5 years ago

I will take a set

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Run #2 will be shipping out tomorrow for sure (PMs sent to everyone in this run). As these runs are taking a colossal amount of time and I have other things to attend to this coming month, I won't be accepting any new interest for now . I may accept one or two more orders for run #3 to honor those on my existing list that were on the fence, but otherwise, this mod will likely be discontinued for about 6 months. At that time I may see if there's interest for another couple runs.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

...I figured I'd reiterate for others that I'm halting production on these for at least a few months once run #3 is completed, so unless I don't fill run #3 with the existing interest list, I won't be able to accept new interest for awhile.

Quoted from Cserold:

I will take a set

Sent you a PM.

I expect run #3 should be sold out soon amongst those that have been given the shot at the last spot (several people have suggested strong interest for it, and I'll mark this as sold out as soon as the first follows through). All five sets have been cast and drilled thus far.

Again going to note that ***PRODUCTION WILL END*** after run #3 for at least a few months (if there's enough demand, I may do runs sooner rather than later when I have time to dedicate to these again).

I will be starting a new list for anyone that wants to be contacted when these become available again. I'm going to assume that anyone on the previous list that fell out of contact is no longer interested.

---------------

EDIT: Run #3 is *SOLD OUT*. As above, production will be halted for at least a couple months before offering to do runs again. Any new interest will be added to a separate list to be contacted when I have time and if there's enough interest to merit restocking materials.

#58 5 years ago

Seeming like Monday will be the more likely ship date on Run #3. They're currently being painted, but the circuit/wiring work has yet to be completed, and I have an event this weekend that I need to rally-prep a car for before leaving. I'll be back mid-day Sunday and will get back on these as soon as I return

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Seeming like Monday will be the more likely ship date on Run #3. They're currently being painted, but the circuit/wiring work has yet to be completed, and I have an event this weekend that I need to rally-prep a car for before leaving. I'll be back mid-day Sunday and will get back on these as soon as I return

Just got back home (bit later than expected), but still hoping to ship run #3 out tomorrow, and will be back on them in a moment.

Otherwise, the Rally went well (been doing it 14 years and never placed before--I thank the new navigator...previous "navigator" left me over all the sleepless nights doing pinball mods, lol).
20190407_185651 (resized).jpg20190407_185651 (resized).jpg

#60 5 years ago

1st place... woohoo!! Nice job!!

I checked out the website and that is one seriously nice car festival. Wish I didn't live so far away... would love to see a few of those up close and personal.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

1st place... woohoo!! Nice job!!
I checked out the website and that is one seriously nice car festival. Wish I didn't live so far away... would love to see a few of those up close and personal.

Thank you. It's a great event. Butch Patrick went a couple years. This is a pic from a ride in his Munster Koach (my father is in the front seat). My profile notes an automotive background, though I don't note I worked on vintage Ferraris most of my life (in some form, since before starting elementary school [father's business of course]). I personally have more passion for pinball, and am glad to be able to put some of my skills into the hobby (though pin mods don't pay very well...at least in this case, considering initial development time and cost, I've made ~$6/hr on these rails, so when I've posted that these rails are done with a passion for the hobby, it's no joke [the feedback I've gotten through here, and especially the PMs, makes it well worth the effort])

----

Otherwise, everyone in run #3 has been PM'd--these are now guaranteed to ship out tomorrow.
CelebrationEddie (resized).jpgCelebrationEddie (resized).jpg

#62 5 years ago

Finished these up for a customer last night. One pic with the flipped piece shows the comparison to the factory Nickelodeon Orange

20190412_153321 (resized).jpg20190412_153321 (resized).jpg20190412_153506 (resized).jpg20190412_153506 (resized).jpg20190412_153641 (resized).jpg20190412_153641 (resized).jpg
#63 5 years ago

How freakin sweet are those. Perfect match to the rails. Cant say enough about your work Greg. I'll post some pics of these when installed with the previously installed rails.

#64 5 years ago

Here are some pics of my newly painted ruins and matching rails... really like these.

IMG_1334 (resized).jpgIMG_1334 (resized).jpgIMG_1336 (resized).jpgIMG_1336 (resized).jpgIMG_1338 (resized).jpgIMG_1338 (resized).jpgIMG_1339 (resized).jpgIMG_1339 (resized).jpg
#65 5 years ago

I’ve been lurking on this thread for a while ... my taste on IJ mods don’t favor the “realistic” look .... but I gotta say... these are the best I’ve seen.

As long as both are done it looks great... just doing the POA and not the ruins makes it unbalanced. IJ has funky styling ... it takes subtlety to get this right and I think you nailed it!

This is gonna sound weird but have you considered a version that is Nickelodeon orange ? Might be cool and feel factory-ish?

Great work !!!!

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Here are some pics of my newly painted ruins and matching rails... really like these.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That does look great (first time I've seen a set installed). Thank you for taking the time to take photos and post. I always enjoy seeing my mods in other machines, but as I don't own an IJ, customer (and helper/tester) photos have been my only way to see my work in full, so these are even more appreciated.

Quoted from Ricochet:

I’ve been lurking on this thread for a while ... my taste on IJ mods don’t favor the “realistic” look .... but I gotta say... these are the best I’ve seen.
As long as both are done it looks great... just doing the POA and not the ruins makes it unbalanced. IJ has funky styling ... it takes subtlety to get this right and I think you nailed it!
This is gonna sound weird but have you considered a version that is Nickelodeon orange ? Might be cool and feel factory-ish?
Great work !!!!

I appreciate the positive feedback

It's possible the rails won't ever be run again, but matching the orange did come to mind. However, the factory orange doesn't have near the amount of colors I use and wouldn't do justice to the sculpt I made IMO. And while the gray stone looks amazing on its own, I did decide the gold tone was the best compromise between the cartoony IJ colors and natural stone. Those from the rail run still have the opportunity to send me their ruins to paint match (I do have a couple sets sitting here to be painted soon [some didn't realize it was an option until later, and at least one did say the factory ruins looked out of place after installing the rails]). Will be getting back on such orders after Easter.

#67 5 years ago

Okay. Now I want the ruins to match the rails that I ordered from you. Darn!

1 month later
#68 4 years ago

Copying this from the Jackpot thread:

--

Interactive PoA Rails UPDATE:

I've been getting a lot of inquiries about my custom rails. In the last days of August, I'll start sending out messages to those on my 2nd production list (and post in the thread) to see if there's enough interest to merit ordering resin, etc. I don't foresee having enough time for what that project requires until Sept. I expect it would again be cut-off at three runs of five for the 2nd production.

As those on the existing list would get run priority, feel free to PM me if you're interested. 2nd production run would be priced at $249 + $14.99 shipping. That's a small increase over the first production run. Runs would also likely be timed closer to 1.5-2 weeks each for my sanity

2 weeks later
#69 4 years ago

And to add to the rails, may I suggest the Light Jackpot Temple mod?

IMG_1611 (resized).jpgIMG_1611 (resized).jpgIMG_1627 (resized).jpgIMG_1627 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#70 4 years ago

Greg,
Hope you are well. Finally getting around to putting my IJ back together with the ruins and LED mod you did. Good news it looks awesome and the color matches quite well (see attached photo).

Bad news is on the mini-playfield the ball gets stuck on the right hand side between your mod and the wire guide (see attached photo).

I hate to have to drill out my mini-playfield. Its as if the holes in your mod are slightly off from my original mini-playfield holes which is causing the ruins to align further left then the originals.

See attached photo.

thoughts?

Mike

wireguide1.jpgwireguide1.jpgwireguide2.jpgwireguide2.jpg
#71 4 years ago
Quoted from ptolemy:

Greg,
Hope you are well. Finally getting around to putting my IJ back together with the ruins and LED mod you did. Good news it looks awesome and the color matches quite well (see attached photo).
Bad news is on the mini-playfield the ball gets stuck on the right hand side between your mod and the wire guide (see attached photo).
I hate to have to drill out my mini-playfield. Its as if the holes in your mod are slightly off from my original mini-playfield holes which is causing the ruins to align further left then the originals.
See attached photo.
thoughts?
Mike[quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent.

First issue I've heard of on these.

Has anyone else had any issue?

I had been debating opening these for one final run of 15, but would be deterred if there have been any other issues. They are a serious undertaking, but I did cut these off at 15 previously with over 40 people on the waiting list, so it may be a shame to not offer them one last time.

I do have a 2nd waiting list of people to message if I do decide to offer them. Anyone is welcome to PM to get on the list, or even confirm current interest. Would plan to have them all complete by Decemeber if I do make them (most before).

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from ptolemy:

Greg,
See attached photo.
thoughts?

Your guide rail mount hole is in the black area of the mpf, they should be in the wood coloured inner circle, right?

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Your guide rail mount hole is in the black area of the mpf, they should be in the wood coloured inner circle, right?

Seems you're correct.

Should look closer to this:

testt (resized).jpgtestt (resized).jpg
#74 4 years ago

Mine are shown here. I have the rails, but have not mounted them yet. I seem to buy lots of mods that take me several months to install due to a busy life and other priorities. Will hopefully get mine on soon and see if they give me any issues.

IMG_1186.jpegIMG_1186.jpeg
2 weeks later
#75 4 years ago
Quoted from gac:

And to add to the rails, may I suggest the Light Jackpot Temple mod?[quoted image][quoted image]

Are the Light Jackpot Temple mods available?

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Are the Light Jackpot Temple mods available?

Of course you already got my PM, and I had shipped my last prepared Jackpot Mod yesterday, but I'm currently planning a short run of 3 (have two open orders for these currently). I'd plan for more if anyone else wants to jump in this run (easier for me to paint them in one sitting with all of the paint mixing these require). Will ship in 7 days or less.

I appreciate the interest.

Shop link: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02555-indiana-jones-light-jackpot-temple-cover-mod-lite-jackpot

As for the PoA Rails, I'm going to call them permanently discontinued. Now that my fiancee has moved in and we replaced the carpet, it's not worth creating the mess the initial runs caused that got tracked through the entire house (shaping these after casting produced an incredible amount of dust, not to mention resin mess, etc.--I don't have a proper workshop for this sort of mod). For those that managed to get one before they were discontinued, you've got one of a very limited run of about 15 (a prototype or two exist in some form).

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from ptolemy:

Greg,
See attached photo.
thoughts?

Your problem is that your tiny ball guide is sitting on top of the playfield instead of on the inside part of the hole. The holes for the tiny ball guide are on top of the hole instead of on the inside part of the hole like on the left side. This greatly reduces the space. I suggest you drill tiny holes on the inside part.

1 year later
#78 2 years ago

I "just" got an Indy, so wondering if there are any alternatives to this superb mod ?

Regards

#79 2 years ago

I too would be interested in getting this POA rails and the Jackpot Temple mod.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

I too would be interested in getting this POA rails and the Jackpot Temple mod.

These mods are permanently discontinued, but a one-off prototype Jackpot Mod (tiki head fire pit instead of the sleeker stones that I ultimately chose for production) may be donated in 2022 for the Project Pinball auction (already had other plans for this year).

The rails will be very difficult to find. About 17 exist (~16 gold and 1 gray prototype that has some flaws), and I received interest from over 100 people (and multiple denied requests to buy the molds), so I can only imagine if a set shows up, it will likely go fast. Thus far I've never seen one sold second hand (would be interesting to see what they could fetch).

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

These mods are permanently discontinued, but a one-off prototype Jackpot Mod (tiki head fire pit instead of the sleeker stones that I ultimately chose for production) may be donated in 2022 for the Project Pinball auction (already had other plans for this year).
The rails will be very difficult to find. About 17 exist (~16 gold and 1 gray prototype that has some flaws), and I received interest from over 100 people (and multiple denied requests to buy the molds), so I can only imagine if a set shows up, it will likely go fast. Thus far I've never seen one sold second hand (would be interesting to see what they could fetch).

And there we're two different eye colors.
I wonder how many Green(mine), and red?

#82 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

And there we're two different eye colors.
I wonder how many Green(mine), and red?

Yours, gac's, and Littlecammi's may have been the only ones with green. Too far detached to remember for sure off hand. Certainly the majority is red.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Yours, gac's, and Littlecammi's may have been the only ones with green. Too far detached to remember for sure off hand. Certainly the majority is red.

I like super rare. A rare gem of a mod.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

gac... Hey that's me! Yeah, lovin' my green eyed POA rails. I think I was the first to request them. One of the best mods ever! See post #53 for the green eyes and post #69 for the Light Jackpot mod too.

2 weeks later
#85 2 years ago

These rails are one of the best IJ mods ever made. I’m so fortunate to have a gold set in my IJ. The interactive LED eyes are incredible! Too bad some many folks missed out on this gem. Thanks @medisinyl!

#86 2 years ago

If anyone does part with their rails (with or without the machine), let me know. I am looking for both!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 1,419.00
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 86 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development/page/2?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.