Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Badbobaz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Trigger works in game mode only with Eternal Life ball return, does not work in attract mode or game mode to start game. Thinking sound board or CPU?

Please see short video I did on the problem.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

#2 6 years ago

Huh...is there a menu setting to turn of the gun to launch ball? - but I guess there's no other way to launch the damn thing.
Can you use the gun after you catch the guy in streets of Cairo?

#3 6 years ago

No way to turn it off, did the factory reset several times.. Might be able to thump the guy in Cairo over his head with it is about all right now..

#4 6 years ago

Really weird...I like you would be thinking aboot ribbon cables but this is new to me.

So you have no batteries in the CPU though?

#5 6 years ago

No batteries. Had them in, had them out, no change. Video was one of the times we had them out. Good question tho, thanks.

#6 6 years ago

I would test the switch in the shooter lane

Andrew

#7 6 years ago

Thanks Andrew, I checked the shooter lane switch and it checked good. I also ran the switch test on all the switches, all checked good which makes no sense with the start up and the gun not working. Open to any other ideas you may have, this one has me stumped.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Badbobaz:

Open to any other ideas you may have, this one has me stumped.

Yes please someone chime in this is a mystery of the week type issue.

#9 6 years ago

Thanks TheLaw this is the weirdest problem I have ever encountered on a pin and am as said before, totally stumped.

#10 6 years ago

I'd try a new CPU and ribbon cables first. Then sound board.

LTG : )

#11 6 years ago

I’m guessing you have an MPU issue....it’s probably something else in the switch Matrix that’s causing the issue. Have you checked all the MPU connectors? Have you tried swapping in a different MPU?

#12 6 years ago

Thanks, I've got new ribbon cables on order (starting with the least cost first). I did remove all the boards to look for anything obvious and checked all the MPU connectors. If the ribbon cables don't fix it I'll start changing boards. Thanks for advice LTG and N80G80

#13 6 years ago

Can you start a game so that there is a ball in the shooterlane. Then open coindoor, go into switchtest T.1, close the coindoor and pull the guntrigger.

Can you tell what happens now ?

#14 6 years ago

"Can you start a game so that there is a ball in the shooterlane. Then open coindoor, go into switchtest T.1, close the coindoor and pull the guntrigger.
Can you tell what happens now ?"

Started the game with the coindoor closed, ball in the shooter lane. Closed the door, T.1 gun switch checked good. Restarted the game, Tests said Check Gun Switch 34. Went into T.1 again which showed guntrigger checked good.

Sigh.....

#15 6 years ago

Update: changed the ribbon cables, no change in problem. Plan B underway.

#16 6 years ago

Have you tried removing the shell of the gun and using the switch with your hand? I always check the things closest to the problem first.

Prob CPU.

#17 6 years ago

The gun switch checked good on switch test and when I put a meter on it but yes, it is were I started in the same way of thinking, what's broke work backwards from there... Going to change out chips, working on it next week. Thanks for the suggestion.

2 weeks later
#18 6 years ago

Update CPU board checked good in another IJ machine.

1 month later
#19 6 years ago

Sometimes problems that go away stay away? Well hopefully in this case, found the J5 connection on the sound board not fully seated. Reseated it and machine works now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

14,000 (OBO)
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-gun-trigger-problem-with-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.