Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RacerRik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

My extra ball knocker only works when the ball goes into the Mole hole. Any other extra ball shows up on the DMD but the ball knocker does not register. Is this common for a Williams Indiana Jones game. Is there something that needs to be turn on to make the knocker to work on all extra balls.

#2 3 years ago

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to get a knock on that game except on a replay. Check your settings and make sure there's no unusual settings? Do you have "replay" set to "extra ball" by chance?

2 years later
#3 1 year ago

I have a question about this also. My IJ used to pop the knocker for every extra ball. I was changing batteries and unfortunately lost the memory. After setting it all back up, it only knocks once in a while - not at every extra ball. I don't know what setting would cause this. I have it set for free play, fixed replay scores and extra ball awarded for replay scores.

What setting is needed to get my extra ball knocks back?

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from RacerRik:

I have a question about this also. My IJ used to pop the knocker for every extra ball. I was changing batteries and unfortunately lost the memory. After setting it all back up, it only knocks once in a while - not at every extra ball. I don't know what setting would cause this. I have it set for free play, fixed replay scores and extra ball awarded for replay scores.
What setting is needed to get my extra ball knocks back?

If you set your Reply award to 'Extra Ball', it will knock on every extra ball.
Otherwise, it will only knock when a credit is awarded. (Special, Reply, Match.)

#5 1 year ago

I do have the replay award set to extra ball. It knocks when I score an extra ball via the 8X lane award and when I get the extra ball from the path of adventure. It does not knock when I score an extra ball from the replay scores.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from RacerRik:

I do have the replay award set to extra ball. It knocks when I score an extra ball via the 8X lane award and when I get the extra ball from the path of adventure. It does not knock when I score an extra ball from the replay scores.

I'll have to pull out my docs and take a look -
There are some other settings that CAN affect this (just as ticket dispenser settings), but I highly doubt you went in there and changed any of those..
What is your 'Special' award set to, and is your Match on or off, and what is the award set to?

#7 1 year ago

Special is set to extra ball. Match is set to off. I left ticket dispenser settings at factory default. Thanks for helping me with this!

#8 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me how I get the “super ball “ feature set on my Indiana Jones

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Damalloy:

If you mean the "Super Jackpot", you need to lock three balls in the Idol to start multiball. During multiball, you need to score three jackpots. Jackpots are lit up by shooting the left ramp and / or the Idol Scoop and collected by shooting the Path Of Adventure ramp. That turns on the Super Jackpot which you then collect by shooting the captive ball.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from RacerRik:

Special is set to extra ball. Match is set to off. I left ticket dispenser settings at factory default. Thanks for helping me with this!

Hrm, odd. I don't have any notes sayin' Match should change anything. But, if you get a chance, try this and let me know the outcome:
Turn Match on, and set award to 'Replay' (if it's not already). Honestly, that SHOULD NOT change anything, but I've seen stranger things in the TZ code, so I can't rule anything out.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Damalloy:

Check the feature adjustment menu, A.2 31 and A.2 32. 31 turns on/off the Super Ball feature, and 32 is how long of a ball-saver players will get if they buy the Super Ball.

6 months later
#12 1 year ago

I think I figured it out. It seems that turning on Award Ticket for extra ball causes the knocker to fire on every extra ball. Not entirely sure because I was changing too many things at one time - but I got my game working the way it used to work.

Every extra ball now gives a satisfying CRACK!

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from RacerRik:

I think I figured it out. It seems that turning on Award Ticket for extra ball causes the knocker to fire on every extra ball. Not entirely sure because I was changing too many things at one time - but I got my game working the way it used to work.
Every extra ball now gives a satisfying CRACK!

It's the setting that gives an Extra Ball for a replay.
If the reply award is set to Extra Ball, then (almost) every extra ball will fire the knocker.

#14 1 year ago

Nope - I had Extra Ball for replay set before and it only cracked on maybe 1 in 4 extra balls. Turning on the Award Ticket now makes it pop for every free ball.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside