(Topic ID: 262507)

Indiana Jones by JJP (speculation thread)

By Charlemagne1987

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wolfemaaan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

This is just a thought...more like a fantasy...but with a new Indiana Jones movie coming out in 2021 and JJP having already obtained the rights from Disney for Pirates of the Caribbean and (apparently) Toy Story, how possible is it that Jack might put his company's own stamp on an Indiana Jones pinball? The Williams game from 1993 was/is awesome. Stern's version left much to be desired. As a huge IJ fan and also a fan of JJP, I'd love to see this happen. What does everyone else think?

#2 4 years ago

I would love to see it, however three is a crowd.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

This is just a thought...more like a fantasy...but with a new Indiana Jones movie coming out in 2021 and JJP having already obtained the rights from Disney for Pirates of the Caribbean and (apparently) Toy Story, how possible is it that Jack might put his company's own stamp on an Indiana Jones pinball? The Williams game from 1993 was/is awesome. Stern's version left much to be desired. As a huge IJ fan and also a fan of JJP, I'd love to see this happen. What does everyone else think?

Would be cool but hell has a better chance freezing over and cgc won’t be remaking either. Been discussed probably 100 times.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Would be cool but hell has a better chance freezing over and cgc won’t be remaking either. Been discussed probably 100 times.

Forgot to add, kind of hard to make what I consider to be the best pin ever made better.

All you could ask for as a Indy Fan is there.

#5 4 years ago

Public service announcement: please stop making threads with “real” sounding titles when it’s a wish list speculation thread

#6 4 years ago

Already a classic IJ game and a shitty one; that's enough for me.

#7 4 years ago

It would probably be my first jjp game.

#8 4 years ago

CGC will remake it, IJ IPA, I believe. IMHO. No facts on my part, just a huge opportunity for them as the market is there.

#9 4 years ago

Please stop re-making titles and/or doing rock bands. That's my request.

There are so many quality IPs out there, not to mention unique and fresh ideas, that we shouldn't need to see remakes. I know many are excited about GnR but I can't think of a less topical band that already has a pinball machine to toss resources at. Look at what happened with R&M. Man, if JJP could grab another license like Pirates (although also a remake). Wonka was a great get.

#10 4 years ago

I still refuse to believe that the IJ 5 movie will ever Happen. Seems like they delay it annually.

Harrison Ford will be EIGHTY YEARS OLD if they every actually film this thing. Is that really anything any of you want to see?

Enough is enough already.

#11 4 years ago

I would love a Indy pin done right.
The original is ok, the code is great but the shots are ok. Sterns version has cool mechs. Not a great game. JJP and Eric, keefer and rest of the team would do it right.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from harryhoudini:

Why? You keep remaking mods.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I would love to see it, however three is a crowd.

Third time is a champ!

#16 4 years ago

I’d order one today !

#17 4 years ago

Third times a Charm !

#18 4 years ago

JJP's Geriatric Jones. Sounds like a hit!

#19 4 years ago

There are so many quality IPs out there, not to mention unique and fresh ideas, that we shouldn't need to see remakes. I know many are excited about GnR but I can't think of a less topical band that already has a pinball machine to toss resources at. Look at what happened with R&M. Man, if JJP could grab another license like Pirates (although also a remake). Wonka was a great get.

Says the person who has a JJP POTC.

#20 4 years ago

In all seriousness, if JJP was able to do an Indiana Jones theme based on the original trilogy, I'd be super interested in seeing what they could come up with, and I'd be very interested in purchasing it. I am absolutely not interested in seeing anything from The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or any future Indiana Jones movies in any future Indiana Jones pin.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Says the person who has a JJP POTC.

Yeah, a bit of hypocrisy I know. I'm just not a fan of listening to any of these bands (ac/dc, metallica, iron maiden, etc) so the games don't interest me much. I know JJP will hit it out of the park with GnR. I feel like they kicked the crap out of Stern's POTC so I am sure they will do the same with GnR. I just really want to see something new, different. Even WoZ was that much different from the rest of the titles floating around at the time. I feel like the band games just fit such a narrow audience, but what do I know. They must sell good enough that they keep getting made.

#22 4 years ago

Everything is narrow, it's the same people buying machines over and over again.
I'll be interested, even though I don't really care for GNfR, but JJP is the same as everyone else and hasnt earned me thinking it will be great

#23 4 years ago

Yeah, I guess the overlap of home owners who like rock themes and operators who buy them (with customers who like them or at least recognize them) is large enough to support so many.

I don't know, I'd say JJP games are on another level consistently. American seems to make decent machines but I have trouble liking their layouts and shots (lets not talk about the Houdini art and dialog). The only other manufacturer (modern I guess) I think I've seen/played aside from Stern and old B/W/DataEast titles is Spooky and I'd say they are up there close to JJP. I wouldn't consider Chicago Gaming stuff a new game and I don't know if I've seen or heard of any others that I can get access to (TBL is not near me, haven't kept up with the Deeproot thread in a while), I've played Capcom and Sega I guess. And a few oddities like Pinball Circus and such. Still I'd consider JJP the top of the market across the board.

#24 4 years ago

I don't know, I'd say JJP games are on another level consistently. American seems to make...

Yeah that's where my issue lies with both of them. For me it's too much Balcor everywhere, never "grabbed me" with the design.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah that's where my issue lies with both of them. For me it's too much Balcor everywhere, never "grabbed me" with the design.

What's Balcor? Google is no help.

#26 4 years ago

NO WAY... if you can’t use clips from the film there is NO POINT. There is already two games from this theme, sure JJP would blow up the theming for sure but why would you want it without clips?

Spielberg’ doesn’t allow clips of his movies to be used. So I vote no.

#27 4 years ago

What's Balcor? Google is no help.

I think The Law is referring to Joe Balcer.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I think The Law is referring to Joe Balcer.

Ahh, Google knows that one!

#29 4 years ago

I would very likely buy a CE if Eric made this. Plenty of fun content across the first 3 movies to make another awesome game.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I still refuse to believe that the IJ 5 movie will ever Happen. Seems like they delay it annually.
Harrison Ford will be EIGHTY YEARS OLD if they every actually film this thing. Is that really anything any of you want to see?
Enough is enough already.

According to Mr. Ford will start filming this summer.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

According to Mr. Ford will start filming this summer.

Probably not. New director now which means 2022. Which also means no pin either

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/steven-spielberg-indiana-jones-5-james-mangold-harrison-ford-1203515698/

#32 4 years ago

BTW, for the record. There is only 1 Indiana Jones pin which of course is Williams

Equally as true there are only 3 Indiana Jones movies - the first 3

Just sayin

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Pinball Pimp
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
14,000 (OBO)
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toppers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Wanted
$ 1,419.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-by-jjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.