Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by waldo34
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Just finished a pretty major restore of my Williams Indiana Jones, huge disappointment when I fired it up and nothing happened. After about 1 minute F104 and F105 blew. At that point all lights came on and the idol head started to spin. DMD also only has a dot or two on it.

So during the restore since the game was a re-import with a hack wire spliced together outside of the connector I redid it and moved it back into the connector using a open slot. Bad?

I also for the first time did the scrubbing bubble cleaning of the boeards. Guessing this is the bigger issue. I rinsed, blew them off, and let set for about 3 weeks.

Should I be looking at BR3? Read that in a post. 'Never tested one guessing directions can be found in other posts.

Any help would be welcomed.

Waldo

#2 3 years ago

Check br1

#3 3 years ago

What connector did you fix?

It sounds like something is miswired. F104 and F105 are solenoid fuses.

I'd remove the connector at J106, J107 and J108, replace the fuses and power it back up.

Does it blow again? If not, it's something in the game. If it does, you've probably got a shorted transistor on the driver board.

My guess - something is plugged into the wrong spot. Verify the colors in those 3 connectors with the game manual.

#4 3 years ago

Thanks no real change. At power up the pin does nothing for about 30 seconds at that point all lights come on, a few dots on the dmd, and idol head spins continuous. I labeled all plugs before disconnect but maybe I made a mistake. Going to post requestin pictures.

Also, I plan to check if the board is the same in my white water. If it is I'll install the indy board in WW to see what happens.

One other question the coin door, door switch, super ball button, and credit button wiring was really a mess corrected most of it if I crossed something up there could it cause this?

Thanks for any help.

#5 3 years ago

Put the driver board into my WW worked great no blown fuses. I guess the next step is to swap the other boards.Very odd. Leaning towards something being hooked up incorrectly.

#6 3 years ago

Try reseating all three of the ribbon cable connections that start at the MPU. Maybe you have a row off or bad connection.

#7 3 years ago

Back up and working, well almost. It's booting, looks good, one flipper not working. In the end I did two more things a double check of every connection and I replaced my new ribbon cables with the old.

Talk about a happy dance when I turned it on.

Ran out of gas I'll look at the flipper issue tomorrow.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Waldo

#8 3 years ago

At the very least, I think you may have a bad fuse on the fliptronix board ( top left one) in the backbox

#9 3 years ago

Turned out to be a loose fuse holder. Up and running. Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Annapolis, MD

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside