Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Endprodukt
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

dave.jpg
IMG_0018.JPG

#1 4 years ago

And it isn't over yet. You would think someone would repo them for that much. I bid up to 160.00 and I'm out. I bet chuck at cp pinball is happy though. Ed

#3 4 years ago

These auctions will be great in highlighting $20 parts that need to be reproduced.

Has anyone heard of this thing called a "Shadow Ring"?

#4 4 years ago

Thanks for posting about this. I better go over there and bid $175 on it right away.

#5 4 years ago

ebay.com link » Indiana Jones Pinball Ball Stop

Here you go

Insane

#6 4 years ago

WOW

That IS insane.

What is so special about this part?

I take it...you can't buy it anywhere?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Thanks for posting about this. I better go over there and bid $175 on it right away.

Have at it. I'm out or I would not have posted. I would just run him up but am afraid he would stick me with it, like on storage wars.

#8 4 years ago

Ridiculous.

#9 4 years ago

I was kidding. But I just hate using those "emoticon" things to indicate when I'm kidding.

#10 4 years ago

That is totally bananas. Even if that exact part isn't reproduced, it looks similar enough to other parts where it might be able to be substituted.

Another one went for just over $13: ebay.com link » Indiana Jones Pinball Ball Stop

[edit]: I flipped through the parts catalog, but I didn't see that part listed anywhere. I was hoping to grab a part number to look it up to see if it was available anywhere out of curiosity.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I was kidding. But I just hate using those "emoticon" things to indicate when I'm kidding.

I thought you was, but I couldn't tell for sure.

#12 4 years ago

Those weren't made by Williams; I believe Pinball Heaven was the original source.

#13 4 years ago

What...

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

Those weren't made by Williams; I believe Pinball Heaven was the original source.

If this isn't a Williams part, then which part is it intended to replace?

#15 4 years ago

Took that thing out of my indy. 98% hit chance.

#16 4 years ago

It replaces the flat metal deflector (factory part 01-11160) that is installed over the mode start hole. The rubber pad deadens the impact of the ball on the deflector and increases the probability of the ball dropping into the mode start hole. Here's a picture of one installed:

IMG_0018.JPG

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Endprodukt:

Took that thing out of my indy. 98% hit chance.

Tell us more.

#18 4 years ago

The trick to selling a "generic" item like this on Ebay is to Specify the name of the game it COULD go on. Your average person doesn't know where else to look on the internet other then Ebay and they punch in "Indiana Jones ball stop thingy" and WHAM'O....there starts the bidding because they think its the only place to get one and it was ONLY made for there Indy Jones machine.

I've seen this done all the time with things like "Kiss flipper bats" or "Eight Ball leg bolts".
Remember, knowledge is power.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#19 4 years ago

Ok so I need to make these. I'll be rich... lol.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Ok so I need to make these. I'll be rich... lol.

I'd be in for one.

#21 4 years ago

I believe there is WAY more than "one born every minute"

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

It replaces the flat metal deflector (factory part 01-11160) that is installed over the mode start hole. The rubber pad deadens the impact of the ball on the deflector and increases the probability of the ball dropping into the mode start hole. Here's a picture of one installed:

Is it same parts used in Indy 500?

#24 4 years ago

I bought the part and it's a shame you guys don't realize how important that part is. GUESS YOU WISH YOU HAD IT . LOL

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Mayster:

I bought the part and it's a shame you guys don't realize how important that part is. GUESS YOU WISH YOU HAD IT . LOL

I hope you're kidding. If not, I would have sold you mine. The piece of shit nearly ruined my Indy gameplay. Took it out (like Endprodukt) and padded the whole area with dead drop foam, and it was smooth as butter up there.

"There's a sucker born every minute." - P.T. Barnum

#26 4 years ago

seems as though that part would be easy to fabricate at home for a dollar or two...

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Mayster:

Perhaps I could interest you in some land in Florida?

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Mayster:

Ha! I run you up on it. I bid 60 times for fun and then dropped it on you.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Fast-Ed:

Ha! I run you up on it. I bid 60 times for fun and then dropped it on you.

dave.jpg

#30 4 years ago

Now don't cry because you got outbid

#31 4 years ago

sorry LOSER

#32 4 years ago

Haha.

Anyways:

Dead foam on the left siderail. Rubber in the back where the part is we all want but didn't get (thanks for letting us know Mayster). Two mini posts on the right instead of that wire form with a rubber on it. Boom.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside