Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lermods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Indiana-jones-pinball-illuminated-ark-mod (resized).JPG
20170410_211635 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Long time lurker (like years). Ive been planning a new Ark of the Covenant mod for either of the Indiana Jones machines. This is the quick version. The hasbro ark toy from 2008, that has been used before, has a lid that comes off (perfect i was glad i didn't have to cut it). Im planning to put in an Blue/white LED inside to light up the interior of the ark with the lid partially open. Id like the light to flicker so I though of even putting in one of those battery powered tea lights or similar. Now heres the cool part. I want to install a mini smoke generator inside so smoke will roll out and the flickering light will make it glow. Ive also considered dry ice but theres pros and cons to both. The smoke generator can be from one of the older e-cigerettes and vegetable oil as they are pretty compact. So some concerns are voltage and amperage for the smoke generator and smoke residue. length of time it operates and when/how its activated. I think the LED is pretty easy with no real drawbacks. Concerns there are brightness, light colour, Beam scatter etc. Discuss

#2 2 years ago

Like this but then with smoke. I thought about smoke some time for my potc. But wonder if there is any negative effect. A smoke generator can create great effect but how long will it linger in the cabinet? There are some options for model builders (trains) i know of.

20170410_211635 (resized).jpg

#3 2 years ago

I thought maybe a computer fan in the cabinet to pull smoke out the back or under. I guess if i had a working model i could test it out on my TZ as its a wide body and similar cubic feet.

#4 2 years ago

Smoke would be cool, not sure how practical it would be.

Here's ours:

http://lermods.com/products/indiana-jones-illuminated-ark

Indiana-jones-pinball-illuminated-ark-mod (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Warrenton, VA
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
PCB Emporium
$ 21.00
$ 254.99
7,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sittard
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Chino Hills, CA
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside