Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by dluth
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I have a new Indiana Jones machine and want to replace all bulbs with LEDs. Wanted your thoughts on who makes the best kit or any other ideas. I have been looking at Coin Taker and Marco kits. Coin Taker significantly more expensive. Or, if anyone has ideas for any other sets let me know please.

Al

#2 5 years ago

The piballbulbs kit is what I have in mine. Looks really nice. It includes additional spot lights and strip lighting for the POA and Idol lock areas. Don't forget the pinside discount for pinballbulbs and cointaker if you go that route,

#3 5 years ago

I'm usually a huge fan of the Pinball Bulbs "look" whether done with their kits or replicated with your own bulk bulbs. That said, I really can't stand the look of their IJ kit based on the pictures on their site. Some games look fantastic with the overall purple hue, but it really feels off in IJ. The front half looks good/normal, but the red/purple in the back looks like it's in the wrong game. Caveat that LEDs look like ass in most pictures, so this may look great in person, but they are typically pretty good at capturing other playfields that look spectacular, so...

Anyway, I did my IJ using bulk bulbs from Comet (which is how I LED all my games these days). Not as thrilled with it as I am with some of my other creations, but it's still a work in progress. Never bought a kit from Cointaker or Marco.

#4 5 years ago

You could just get a huge bulk order of all white LEDs and put them in.

#5 5 years ago

Working on one right now and agree that the pinball bulbs kit didn't look right on this one. I went with comet LEDs and the pf gi is only about half LEDs to keep some of the "glow" of the incandecents.

Lit up the lost plastic and idol lock with a few led strips.

Lots of warm white and pink in the insertsimage.jpg

#6 5 years ago

IMO Indy looks best with standard warm white GI lighting. I tried adding some color to it, and it just didn't look right. I ended up switching back to warm white LEDs.

#7 5 years ago

Warm whites go good w/ IJ

For me, I like to use the warm whites to bring out the reds, oranges, yellows.

I like the cool whites for bringing out the blues mostly.

#8 5 years ago

Whatever you do, do not get any yellow LEDs. In my opinion, they make the yellow inserts look dull brown.

I really like red, green and blue LEDs under inserts, and warm white in Indy.

#9 5 years ago

I did a mix of nifty Leds and strongly suggest not doing any kit. Remeber warm white for all yellow and orage inserts and color match the rest. Also I did cool white in gi, i liked the look better. I must add i do all my leds in frosted and inserts frosted with non ghosting.image.jpg

1 week later
#10 5 years ago

The Pinball Bulbs photos make the red/purple at the back look bad - I have just installed the kit and it really looks quite different to the eye. Overall the kit looks fantastic and has brought my Indy up to a new level. Perfect for someone who doesn't have much experience with LEDs so you don't waste a heap on the wrong ones.
Only problem is I've been blowing fuse 116 a few times during gameplay. I've got the propeller mod going, the jackpot lights and the lost plastic lights, as well as 4 LED strips, 4 spotlight LEDs. I thought using 100% LEDs (except in the backbox) would have brought the total load down???

Quoted from Cheeks:

I'm usually a huge fan of the Pinball Bulbs "look" whether done with their kits or replicated with your own bulk bulbs. That said, I really can't stand the look of their IJ kit based on the pictures on their site. Some games look fantastic with the overall purple hue, but it really feels off in IJ. The front half looks good/normal, but the red/purple in the back looks like it's in the wrong game. Caveat that LEDs look like ass in most pictures, so this may look great in person, but they are typically pretty good at capturing other playfields that look spectacular, so...
Anyway, I did my IJ using bulk bulbs from Comet (which is how I LED all my games these days). Not as thrilled with it as I am with some of my other creations, but it's still a work in progress. Never bought a kit from Cointaker or Marco.

2 months later
#11 4 years ago

I finally solved this problem by connecting the LED strips (there's four in total in the pinballbulbs kit) to a 12V power supply that I ran from its own wall outlet, through the vent in the bottom right of the cabinet. The only thing is to have them on, you have to turn them on at the switch each time. No big deal. My 12V powers supply actually has a switch to change it to 10V, 9V, 8V, 7V and 6V so I can lower the brightness of the LEDs if I like.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside