19182015_10213708498368530_50133407_o (resized).jpg
20170614_203116 (resized).jpg
20170614_203049 (resized).jpg
20170614_203001 (resized).jpg
IMG_0847 (resized).JPG
20170424_204320 (resized).jpg
IMG_2967 (resized).JPG
IMG_3457 (resized).JPG
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

Looking for opinions and advice i have been currently looking for an Indiana jones 93 for a little while now. I've made pinside, craiglist, pinball reddit, you name it and i have found nothing remotely buyable. (https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/49965) I have no problem paying market price for one and ill even buy one faded but 7k+ for a faded Indy that needs work done to it is completely bonkers.

Because of not being able to find anything I was thinking of moving down on my list and getting a twilight zone instead. I love both pins with indy being slightly higher but id be just as happy with a twlight. So my question is do you think i should wait for an indy to pop up or go ahead and get a twilight zone?

#2 6 years ago

Ive owned both. Indy is still around and wont leave TZ is gone and not missed.

#3 6 years ago

Either game is a good call. I was in that same predicament earlier this year. Looking for my first widebody game. I love playing twilight zone. Pat Lawlor games play great and this one didn't disappoint. So much going on. But IJ is fun. Great motion picture. The shots are tight but the toys are fun. But in the end TZ won.

#4 6 years ago

I would get twilight zone both are very cool games but I choose twilight zone because I personally like the theme more and I think it has better rules compared to Indiana Jones where I just go for multiball over and over I usually don't Even bother with the modes unless I need a few points to beat the other player.

#5 6 years ago

Twilight Zone. Dislike the mode start on IJ and feel like too much of the game is spent shooting that (particularly when the scoop is rejecting or not set up well). TZ gives you more ways to start modes and progress through the game. Both good games though.

#6 6 years ago

I had both. Ij remains, tz is gone. Both great games. My ij is setup so there is no mode hole reject and it makes the game awesome. I feel bad for people that got frustrated with that and sold because it's such an easy fix and takes the game to a different level. I think it is one of the best balanced pinball games. Mine is pimped out. I would consider selling in the range you mentioned only bc I have my eye on a monster bash. If it wasn't for that it wouldn't be going anywhere. I owned three tz's, first one lasted about four months. It's a good game. Second two I bought to flip and had no interest in keeping.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from canea:

Twilight Zone. Dislike the mode start on IJ and feel like too much of the game is spent shooting that (particularly when the scoop is rejecting or not set up well). TZ gives you more ways to start modes and progress through the game. Both good games though.

Thats the exact issue i have with indy. There's an indy on route that the ball keeps bouncing out of the mode start so you cant play any of the modes. Without the modes indy doesnt seem very fun.

Quoted from Djshakes:

I had both. Ij remains, tz is gone. Both great games. My ij is setup so there is no mode hole reject and it makes the game awesome. I feel bad for people that got frustrated with that and sold because it's such an easy fix and takes the game to a different level. I think it is one of the best balanced pinball games. Mine is pimped out. I would consider selling in the range you mentioned only bc I have my eye on a monster bash. If it wasn't for that it wouldn't be going anywhere. I owned three tz's, first one lasted about four months. It's a good game. Second two I bought to flip and had no interest in keeping.

I think a higher price is justified if its in really good condition. I had one seller try and sell me one that looked like someone took a knife and just slashed the cabinet up and down. Dude wanted 7k for it. One would think with a decent size budget and a big enough travel range they could find something but so far ive been dead wrong

#8 6 years ago

TZ is a turd, IJ is twice the game. Theme, art, gameplay is unmatched. Hold out for an IJ!

#9 6 years ago

Shocked by this poll! I've always preferred TZ to Indy but wow only by the tiniest hair. You can't go wrong with either

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Shocked by this poll! I've always preferred TZ to Indy but wow only by the tiniest hair. You can't go wrong with either

I like both but finding an indy seems to be impossible and im offering considerably more for one but nothing has been decent

#11 6 years ago

You have certainly picked from the what must be the best year ever for pinball - 1993
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/90s-poll-best-of-1993-12-games

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from nosro:

You have certainly picked from the what must be the best year ever for pinball - 1993
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/90s-poll-best-of-1993-12-games

'92 was no slouch either!

#13 6 years ago

Both games suck. I have had both and both are gone. Just kidding! You will be happy with either game. Both are great.

#14 6 years ago

Indy is a great game, but TZ has more to offer, it's deeper, better rule set, and more shot variety. Both have great sound and theme integration. I recently sold my IJ, TZ not going anywhere.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I like both but finding an indy seems to be impossible and im offering considerably more for one but nothing has been decent

Have you considered having one shipped?

#16 6 years ago

I've had both as well. Both were pristine. TZ is gone, IJ still here. TZ is just slooooooooow. Thought it was b/c of widebody but then I came across Indy and it just plays well. TZ has a lot to offer however it just doesn't have that x factor that is IJ.

IJ was also the hardest game for me to find. I wanted no cab fad too. TZs are for sale all the time.

#17 6 years ago

Tz is s amazing pin( even 24 years later) with so many flippers , shots, toys, mechs, amazing lightshows, power ball, tons of magnets, great code/rules, animations, awesome upper playfield, great art and lots of ways to approach it. It also play fast if you set it up right. Ive had it the longest of any pin ever.
Ij is a good pin but its missing something for me and it just isnt as fun as tz ....even know i absolutely love the theme. I wanna own one but whenever ive had a chance to buy it i decide its not for me for some reason.

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

People vote for what they own, far more tz out there.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Well, sure - you keep the games you like better. Did TZ have a much larger run than IJ?

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I own neither but prefer TZ over IJ

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Actually they made alot of both ......only 2500 or so tz .

#22 6 years ago

Owned both for years tz is the better playing game but IJ is really awesome and theme is sentimental.

#23 6 years ago

For that money I'd get a SWPrem.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Have you considered having one shipped?

Local only sorry within 6 hours of richmond va

Quoted from delt31:

I've had both as well. Both were pristine. TZ is gone, IJ still here. TZ is just slooooooooow. Thought it was b/c of widebody but then I came across Indy and it just plays well. TZ has a lot to offer however it just doesn't have that x factor that is IJ.
IJ was also the hardest game for me to find. I wanted no cab fad too. TZs are for sale all the time.

I dont mind cabinet fade because i planned to get the cabinet redone if need be. I'd like one with no fade but ill accept fade. But yeah im paying a bit extra for a nicer indy

Quoted from Rondogg:

For that money I'd get a SWPrem.

Data east star wars looks better than the new star wars. New sterns dont do it for me anymore. Your paying more money for less features. Stern basically went the route of pinball dlc and the code is always half-assed at launch

#25 6 years ago

Yeah, new sterns suck.

#26 6 years ago

IJ is a cool pin but missing something for me, too. TZ is packed and never gets old. I usually like pins with more flow but TZ just ticks all the right boxes. I especially love the powerball feature. Such a cool idea that I don't get why other pins have not copied it.

#27 6 years ago

I own both... love them both. I would give the slight edge towards TZ.

#28 6 years ago

TZ is great!!! One of my favorites for sure.

IMG_3457 (resized).JPGIMG_3457 (resized).JPG

IMG_2967 (resized).JPGIMG_2967 (resized).JPG

#29 6 years ago

Man I love Indiana Jones, so the choice is easy for me.... Twilight Zone!

#30 6 years ago

Twilight zone never gets old. I get to play indy where my league plays. It's a good game for sure but tz is the way to go.

#31 6 years ago

TZ all the way. Both are excellent games but I think TZ has more satisfying shots and love the art package.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

TZ is great!!! One of my favorites for sure.

man that's a sweet TZ. Home use?

#33 6 years ago

I own perfect examples of both for the last 10-15 years. Both are keepers but If I could only keep one, it would be a tough decision but TZ would be my choice to stay. At my house, the TZ also gets way more play, great game for sure, but so is IJ. You can't go wrong with either, but TZ would be my 1st choice.

#34 6 years ago

IJ was my first game.....kept it for years and years. I keep trying to like TZ but never could get into it. +1 for IJ because the modes are cool, the layout has some fast loops and ramps, and the theme is top notch

#35 6 years ago

Why not just get both.

#36 6 years ago

I own both. I'm on my 2nd machine of each. Stupidly got rid of each of them separately years ago and decided I had to have them back... at much higher prices. They are different, but you can't go wrong with either of them. I can't say which of them is my favorite because I go back and forth on that one.

#37 6 years ago

But if I could only have one I would pick tz personal preference.

Also it is the one game I think I would enjoy modding. A perfect running twilight zone is a joy to behold. IMO.

#38 6 years ago

I have both and love them equally! These two games are equally great..

#39 6 years ago

20170424_204320 (resized).jpg20170424_204320 (resized).jpg

#40 6 years ago

IJ is ruined from becoming a 1 shot (mode hole) game.

TZ is one of the best things under glass and a nice playing TZ is a thing of beauty.

#41 6 years ago

I like both but I guess one of the deciding factors would be availability. There's seems to be a lot more tz in good condition than Indy. But I think Indy suffers from that mode shot

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

I like both but I guess one of the deciding factors would be availability. There's seems to be a lot more tz in good condition than Indy. But I think Indy suffers from that mode shot

Interesting, around here it seems nice IJ come up way more often and for less money?

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Interesting, around here it seems nice IJ come up way more often and for less money?

So far in the last month or so It seems most of the Indy for sale has been faded and selling for 7k+. But looking through archives it seems most of the indy's are faded. I have no problem purchasing an Indy that's faded. but I think an Indy that's faded and needs work selling for 7+ is ridiculous.
You can get a very good condition for tz for a lot of less.

#44 6 years ago

I know im in the minority but I just dont "get" TZ
I've tried several times, but not recently. Next week at the Museum of Pinball I am goibg to put in an hour or so on it and see if I can change my mind.

Btw I love IJ, so at this point that would be my suggestion.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I know im in the minority but I just dont "get" TZ
I've tried several times, but not recently. Next week at the Museum of Pinball I am goibg to put in an hour or so on it and see if I can change my mind.
Btw I love IJ, so at this point that would be my suggestion.

Amen, brother! Love the theme, hate the game.

#46 6 years ago

I like TZ but traded it for my RRWOZ and don't regret it one bit.

#47 6 years ago

Indy gets top pick from me. With PinSound it feels like a fresh modern title. TZ is a great game too but the theme doesn't trigger as much joy in my heart.

#48 6 years ago

Tough choice, but after having TZ for several years I found I just wasn't really playing it much anymore and traded it. Not sure why it got old, it just did. Have not played IJ enough to know if it would be a keeper for me or not.

#49 6 years ago

I love both games. Excellent theme integration. I have both but would choose tz. Powerball multiball is a lot of fun and I love the different shots from 4 flippers instead of 2

#50 6 years ago

You need the ColorDMD in that thing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 359.00
Playfield - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

10,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

10,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Pimp

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 116 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-93-or-twlight-zone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.