after1 (resized).jpg
20230713_160909_resized (resized).jpg
20230713_172157_resized (resized).jpg
39B56D6B-C75C-483A-A7D3-5B4859518E53 (resized).jpeg
428C2A24-59D3-4520-8445-D379571A65E6 (resized).jpeg
A373A0D6-199E-43C6-8559-52039E23BADB (resized).jpeg
6E591975-377C-4714-85B0-B678090ED129 (resized).jpeg
679551DD-BF6B-4EA0-A887-F4C29F1C7204 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I was hunting and did not see a Stern Indiana Jones Club, so let's get it started.
Current mods I only have at this time are
a shaker motor
the Ark speaker panel inserts
and a LCD Sigma ColorDMD (just waiting for the color ROM, whenever that may be released)

Sigma Stern IJ (resized).pngSigma Stern IJ (resized).png

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I did the full CoinTaker LED kit

Are all the GI lamps white? I still have all regular bulbs in my game. Getting time to upgrade to LEDs likely beginning of next year. Too many other things have been taking my money lately.

8 months later
#12 6 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

just joined the club, found a real nice one,

Show us some pictures please.

1 year later
#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Pejizzzy:

I need a color display or something better than stock. Any recommendations?

Sam Sigma ColorDMD is my recommendation. Whenever the color ROM is released, you only need to download the code to the board.

4 weeks later
#37 5 years ago

ColorDMD announcement. I beta tested this over the past 2 months and it looks great on both the LED and LCD displays.
https://mailchi.mp/9375eaf35ffb/colordmd-announces-game-87-indys-back?e=c9c02c6747&fbclid=IwAR3M34r9E6gDt0sUr4je_ZQpZwmxS-3wdwTHQf23000r_XA6GqllpD7nKmg

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from Pejizzzy:

I saw they came out with color DMD today. I have the original version it’s 1.13. I think I need a larger memory? Anyone know what I need to buy to make it work and what else it entails. I’m a novice. Thanks

V1.3 and v1.3a both require a surface mounted flash part to be changed on the board, so soldering is required. I was able to change mine by myself. You can send the board to them to change the part. Email [email protected]

Straight from the announcement.
Color ROMs will be provided for both new displays and older ColorDMD LCD displays (manufactured after 2015) with controller board revision 1.3B or later.  These boards include an upgraded larger flash memory needed to support extended ROMs.  Earlier controller boards are not supported but can be upgraded by replacing the flash memory on the board.

#40 5 years ago

Color ROM has been released!!!!

2 weeks later
#43 5 years ago

I like side art. I'm trying to get Tilt Graphics to do a set for Indy. I'm not a fan of mirror blades.

#44 5 years ago

My SAM shaker motor for my Indy is direct from Stern.

1 week later
#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Pejizzzy:

I saw they came out with color DMD today. I have the original version it’s 1.13. I think I need a larger memory? Anyone know what I need to buy to make it work and what else it entails. I’m a novice. Thanks

Did you get it sorted out or buy a new one?

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Im adding color dmd this week. Ive done about 5 in the past. Not sure what they mean about controller board upgrades. My color dmd is a few weeks old so guessing I just need to install and download the code

If it is a new Chroma board, it is the latest board revision and no upgrade is needed. Only ones needing an upgrade is the older LCD ColorDMD v1.3 and v1.3a, which I had to replace and install a larger memory flash ROM to turn it into v1.3b.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

This was/is our first pin and we still have it, still play it, still love it. My only real question is, the person we purchased it from changed the play field lights out for LEDs but left all of the other lights incandescent. Can I just swap with LED bulbs in place or do I need to do something else? Everything not in the play field is still incandescent so there are quite a few bulbs to go through and then there is the back glass florescent tube I'd love to get rid of as well. We bought the following topper for our game as well and it's been great. https://tilttopper.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Findiana-jones-pinball-topper
Thanks,
Jeff

Yes. Since the bulbs you want to change are the insert/controlled lamps, you would want to buy non-ghosting LEDs, including in the pop bumpers.

#53 4 years ago

I mainly buy Comet LEDs.

9 months later
#62 4 years ago

How about some pictures?

8 months later
#73 3 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

The wood around the magnet has sunk and will trap the ball almost every game.

Usually, the magnet core mushrooms out at the top of the playfield. I need to remove mine so I can replace it or file it down. I hope it is not hard to remove from the topside after loosening under the playfield.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

If it mushrooms out at the top my thinking would be to punch it out from the bottom. I think Ill take a close look at it and see if it will come out that way. I would not want to split the wood at the playfield top level.

I know the nuts have Loctite on them and are on the high end of torque. So unless they have been loosened before, prepare to strain.

4 weeks later
#100 3 years ago

Something very satisfying about hitting the arc and 8 ball starts with 4 balls pouring out of the arc.

3 months later
#137 3 years ago

How about posting some pictures of these new games that had been picked up recently?

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from benlaurence:

Just got my IJ4 and I’m loving it, only problem is the balls keep getting stuck to the magnet, is there anything to help this issue? Shaking the game won’t even knock it off the magnet
[quoted image]

Congrats. Change the balls. Sounds like they are magnetized.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from benlaurence:

Thanks!!! Are there special un magnetized balls or does that just happen over time?

Happens over time. I hear that certain balls do magnetize faster. I use pinballs from Marco and normally have to change them out for pitting/dents before they get magnetized.

#151 3 years ago
Quoted from brainfroth:

Wondering if magnetized balls also cause the flippers to stop working mid game - almost like the ball has gone out of play, but it's still in play. This just started recently happening randomly. Also wondering if it's contributing to two balls being launched into the ramp when the ark is activated mentioned above (Post 136)? I can't see anything obvious, open for any suggestions - Thanks in advance.

I can't see magnetized balls causing that. Can you upload a video to youtube and post the link here. Not quite understanding the symptoms. Might be a little bit more to it as well. Just for starters, can you reset all your connectors to both the MPU and driver boards? If it still does it after reseating connectors, I would suspect a voltage problem next.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from benlaurence:

Put new balls in and they’re still getting stuck. Was able to get the nut off the magnet but not able to push the magnet down into the playfield. Am I missing a step?

Maybe not understanding your issue. Please post pictures.

1 year later
#215 1 year ago

Transmitter optos do fail over time. Receiver optos rarely fail though.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Thanks is it worth the update?

The meaning is in the word "update"

#225 1 year ago

Updates are always worth it, including this one.

#227 1 year ago

Fixes at least one bug with the Arc count after multiball ends

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-3?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.