after1 (resized).jpg
20230713_160909_resized (resized).jpg
20230713_172157_resized (resized).jpg
39B56D6B-C75C-483A-A7D3-5B4859518E53 (resized).jpeg
428C2A24-59D3-4520-8445-D379571A65E6 (resized).jpeg
A373A0D6-199E-43C6-8559-52039E23BADB (resized).jpeg
6E591975-377C-4714-85B0-B678090ED129 (resized).jpeg
679551DD-BF6B-4EA0-A887-F4C29F1C7204 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fingersport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 3 years ago

Just got my IJ out of storage. Its been down for about 4 years as I finished my basement. I did not remember much about the condition but as I looked over the game I found a few problem. 1. The wood around the magnet has sunk and will trap the ball almost every game. It takes a tilt to free the ball. I must have ordered the round Cliffy before I put the game away because I found it in the cashbox. I hope it does the job. Any advice on how this Cliffy should be installed? It looks like the wood has swelled around the magnet. Its in there tight. 2. The ball hangs up when going around the left scoop. If the Cliffy is removed this does not happen. I want to keep the Cliffy on to minimise the damage in the area. Any advice on this problem? 3. The game is very dark sitting next to AC/DC. I plan on adding LED's to the GI circuit. Will this be enough? 4. The game seem to loose track of balls and will sometimes kick out 2 balls and sometimes put 4 balls in the ark. I think it should start will 3 locked. The ball trough is working fine which leads me to think my problem is in the ark. Thanks for the help.

#74 3 years ago

If it mushrooms out at the top my thinking would be to punch it out from the bottom. I think Ill take a close look at it and see if it will come out that way. I would not want to split the wood at the playfield top level.

#76 3 years ago

Thanks for that info. Ill let you know how this works.

1 week later
#80 3 years ago

A friend in Florida came up with the idea of putting a torch to the nut to break the locktite loose. This worked but still required a great deal of force on the wrench. I had to do the same thing with the core. The heat really did the trick. Pinkitten do you have any idea where the decal can be found? After getting the core out it looks like I will need to use some wood filler to level the playfield in that area. Then put a new core in level with the decal and the Cliffy. I may ever put some mylar over the decal. Thanks for your help so far and thanks to John in Florida.

#83 3 years ago

Thanks Pinkitten, the lower part below the magnet is worn on my playfield. The Cliffy covers part of the damage but not all. If we don't find the decal please send me a PM with the cost of the decal and a address to send payment and I'll send payment with my address. I'll check Marco and Pinball Life for the decal and the mylar. Thanks again. Don

#85 3 years ago

I take a a couple of the above questions.

#2 I don't think the stone should move if I understand what you are saying.

#3 The magnet should be level with the playfield. Check out my post above starting with post # 72. Several pinsiders helped with the issue of a level magnet.
My post # 80 is very helpful.

#6 I like the rubber ring kits from Marco Specialties. I think they have the decals as well.

Hopefully some other IJ owners will jump in with comments on your other questions. Good luck.

#88 3 years ago

The area around my magnet core did the same thing. I plan on leveling that area with wood filler then adding new art, mylar, then a Cliffy protector.

#89 3 years ago

I am going to test fit this to make sure the ball will roll over this area with no problems.

#90 3 years ago

I know what you mean now about the captive ball system. Yes that does rise up. I have never had trouble with mine so I can be of much help. Good luck. Let me know what you find. I may have the same problem someday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fingersport.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-3?tu=fingersport and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.