after1 (resized).jpg
20230713_160909_resized (resized).jpg
20230713_172157_resized (resized).jpg
39B56D6B-C75C-483A-A7D3-5B4859518E53 (resized).jpeg
428C2A24-59D3-4520-8445-D379571A65E6 (resized).jpeg
A373A0D6-199E-43C6-8559-52039E23BADB (resized).jpeg
6E591975-377C-4714-85B0-B678090ED129 (resized).jpeg
679551DD-BF6B-4EA0-A887-F4C29F1C7204 (resized).jpeg
There are 260 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
#151 3 years ago
Quoted from brainfroth:

Wondering if magnetized balls also cause the flippers to stop working mid game - almost like the ball has gone out of play, but it's still in play. This just started recently happening randomly. Also wondering if it's contributing to two balls being launched into the ramp when the ark is activated mentioned above (Post 136)? I can't see anything obvious, open for any suggestions - Thanks in advance.

I can't see magnetized balls causing that. Can you upload a video to youtube and post the link here. Not quite understanding the symptoms. Might be a little bit more to it as well. Just for starters, can you reset all your connectors to both the MPU and driver boards? If it still does it after reseating connectors, I would suspect a voltage problem next.

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from benlaurence:

Thank you! Is the magnet area supposed to be level with the playfield? Mine sinks down a bit. I tried sacking mylar to see if it would help stop the ball from getting stuck but it still hangs there

Are you referring to the magnet itself, or the area around the magnet? On the 2 Indy4 pins I’ve owned, the magnet area had a slight dip in the playfield immediately around the magnet. But the magnet itself you want as flush with the playfield as possible, in my opinion. You can add a Cliffy ring around the magnet too (see pic). That may help the ball roll off the magnet and not settle there too.

EEF7A411-B513-45EF-95C9-588C1A26C8C9 (resized).pngEEF7A411-B513-45EF-95C9-588C1A26C8C9 (resized).png
#153 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Are you referring to the magnet itself, or the area around the magnet? On the 2 Indy4 pins I’ve owned, the magnet area had a slight dip in the playfield immediately around the magnet. But the magnet itself you want as flush with the playfield as possible, in my opinion. You can add a Cliffy ring around the magnet too (see pic). That may help the ball roll off the magnet and not settle there too.
[quoted image]

yeah mine does not look like that haha. Mine is like a mound raised above the playfield, yours looks flat. The area around the magnet is sinking down as well. Where do the sell the magnet cliffy? Haven’t seen it anywhere

#154 3 years ago

Put new balls in and they’re still getting stuck. Was able to get the nut off the magnet but not able to push the magnet down into the playfield. Am I missing a step?

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from benlaurence:

Put new balls in and they’re still getting stuck. Was able to get the nut off the magnet but not able to push the magnet down into the playfield. Am I missing a step?

Maybe not understanding your issue. Please post pictures.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Maybe not understanding your issue. Please post pictures.

The magnet is not flush with the playfield and the ball keeps getting stuck like in this photo

2268DA4E-6651-4650-8D14-AD0191B7C509 (resized).jpeg2268DA4E-6651-4650-8D14-AD0191B7C509 (resized).jpeg
#157 3 years ago
Quoted from benlaurence:

After the nut is removed, you have to turn the magnet core with a good screwdriver. That should raise or lower it depending on which way you turn it. Yours may have mushroomed some, where the top flattens down and might be too wide to drop down level with the playfield. You may want to order a new magnet core from one of the suppliers. Marco’s or another. They are maybe $10-15. That should solve your problem. Cliffys for each pin can be found at Passionforpinball.com.

#158 3 years ago
Quoted from benlaurence:

Just got my IJ4 and I’m loving it, only problem is the balls keep getting stuck to the magnet, is there anything to help this issue? Shaking the game won’t even knock it off the magnet
[quoted image]

If you change the balls and they still get stuck check to make sure the magnet is flush with the playfield. Actually you should check this anyway to protect the playfield from wear.

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I can't see magnetized balls causing that. Can you upload a video to youtube and post the link here. Not quite understanding the symptoms. Might be a little bit more to it as well. Just for starters, can you reset all your connectors to both the MPU and driver boards? If it still does it after reseating connectors, I would suspect a voltage problem next.

Here's the video. This was shot during the Ark sequence. Two balls load and then game attempts to shoot them up the ramp. We can manually shoot them up, but sometimes it results in 5 balls in the Ark which disrupts the count, or not enough going into the Ark. Basically requiring you to restart the machine. It doe not happen every time.

Is is possible a sensor is blocked or dirty - open to any ideas.

#160 3 years ago

Update for those who are following/helping with my magnet issue.. I managed to get the magnet out, took it to the grinder and flattened it out and now it works great. Already has some wear after a few games which is weird. Guess I’m sticking some mylar over it. Thanks for your help everyone

#161 3 years ago

My Cairo swordsmen doesn’t work. I believe the motor component is fine. It appears the smaller gear piece that connects to the motor gear piece is very loose and has lots of play. (Near my finger in the picture) could it be as easy as a missing set screw? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2AC36FF1-0E14-4FE5-A6F0-4032B38C5FA2 (resized).jpeg2AC36FF1-0E14-4FE5-A6F0-4032B38C5FA2 (resized).jpeg8BE895E1-E796-4076-841B-AFD6397A0455 (resized).jpeg8BE895E1-E796-4076-841B-AFD6397A0455 (resized).jpegF7B5DF23-6816-440B-A2FA-420101671038 (resized).jpegF7B5DF23-6816-440B-A2FA-420101671038 (resized).jpeg
#162 3 years ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

Thank you fingersport and billsfanmd.
The screech is the fake knocker. I’ve ordered an actual knocker and hope to figure out how to wire that up.
Ordered a new magnet core, but playfield is almost like a cup or cone around the core. The artwork is fine, but the wood itself slopes down toward the magnet core. I think it is supposed to be flat?
The captive ball system for the temple is supposed to raise up to reveal the ball scoop or catch underneath. Mine does not. I will have to investigate the motor and assembly.

What did you order to get a real knocker to work? I hate the screech... But... I can't seem to figure out what I need to get in order to transition to a real knocker. Thanks!!!

Jeff

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

What did you order to get a real knocker to work? I hate the screech... But... I can't seem to figure out what I need to get in order to transition to a real knocker. Thanks!!!
Jeff

You need the stern step up board and a real knocker with strike plate. Just a little wiring and it’s all setup. There was a video on you tube and a website where a guy added it to his X-men and Spider-Man I got help from.

#164 3 years ago
Quoted from Bzappas2:

My Cairo swordsmen doesn’t work. I believe the motor component is fine. It appears the smaller gear piece that connects to the motor gear piece is very loose and has lots of play. (Near my finger in the picture) could it be as easy as a missing set screw? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Following this cause my swordsman is also not functioning properly... I know that there is supposed to be a small screw on the smaller gear to hold it in place. From the pictures it doesn’t look like it’s there. It seems like your gear is only being held on by that metal guard

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from benlaurence:

Following this cause my swordsman is also not functioning properly... I know that there is supposed to be a small screw on the smaller gear to hold it in place. From the pictures it doesn’t look like it’s there. It seems like your gear is only being held on by that metal guard

I’ll make sure to open it back up and take some more detailed pics. My friend repairs pins and should be by in the next week or so to take a deep dive.

#166 3 years ago

Joining sometime next week I hope. Won a mint nicely modded machine at an online auction this weekend, now just waiting for it to get shipped here. Don't have room for it, so bye bye Jurassic Park The Lost World. Hate that game anyhow lol

#167 3 years ago

I noticed a single brown and a single purple wires that are coming from the top back box cluster that are not connected to anything. The purple wire has both connectors like the wire was ripped out, but I could not find the missing wire. Does anyone have the same wires on their machine?

#168 3 years ago

Forgot to attach the image.

11A57916-24CF-4AEA-ADE3-E1BF07F3D569 (resized).jpeg11A57916-24CF-4AEA-ADE3-E1BF07F3D569 (resized).jpeg3C243D10-0F92-49C3-A296-450AD815402B (resized).jpeg3C243D10-0F92-49C3-A296-450AD815402B (resized).jpeg
#169 3 years ago

The brown with grey stripe is your shaker motor wire if you choose to add it. I don’t see the stripe color on the purple. The manual
Is available online from Stern and you can double check there as well.

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

The brown with grey stripe is your shaker motor wire if you choose to add it. I don’t see the stripe color on the purple. The manual
Is available online from Stern and you can double check there as well.

Thanks

#171 3 years ago
Quoted from brainfroth:

Here's the video. This was shot during the Ark sequence. Two balls load and then game attempts to shoot them up the ramp. We can manually shoot them up, but sometimes it results in 5 balls in the Ark which disrupts the count, or not enough going into the Ark. Basically requiring you to restart the machine. It doe not happen every time.
Is is possible a sensor is blocked or dirty - open to any ideas.

For any following this. I've found the solution.

I did a switch test with a ball on the ramp and noticed that the ball did not always trigger the automatic ball launcher. This was caused by the spring in the manual launcher keeping the launcher just a hair too far forward. When I pulled the launcher back slightly the switch triggered and the ball was launched. I was able to adjust the manual ball launcher spring and now it works perfectly.

1 week later
#172 3 years ago

It's here!!!

PXL_20210402_173218547.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210402_173218547.MP (resized).jpg
#173 3 years ago
Quoted from Rik_:

It's here!!!
[quoted image]

Nice! It looks to be in great condition.. has the art blades fitted which you don’t see a lot on this machine.. now need to update the cards

2CE62F2F-7E13-4ED9-A532-3822B756BE5A (resized).jpeg2CE62F2F-7E13-4ED9-A532-3822B756BE5A (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#174 3 years ago

So, the 4 flashers are out on the swordsman, skull, and arc. From my little bit of trouble shooting, it looks like no power is heading down to them? Checking voltage at the harness connecting the Arc flashers, and not seeing anything at all during test. Anyone have any idea what it could be? Lower left fuse is missing from the I/O board, but it's a 5.7, not sure that could affect these lights?

1 week later
#175 3 years ago

Does anyone have some cool custom instruction/Free play cards?, so tired of the yellow original ones.

1 month later
#176 2 years ago

Just an overall rule question, has anyone played and filmed the wizard mode on this game and uploaded it?

#177 2 years ago

Looking to join the club. Have a JP or IM pro to trade toward one. I am in MD

2 weeks later
#178 2 years ago

Just an FYI for anyone with Swordsman issues. A couple years ago when I had an IJ4 the Swordsman was erratic - juddering, stopping and starting etc . To my surprise updating the game code to the most recent fixed it !
I’m not sure what was going on but it was 100% fixed.

1 month later
#179 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Does anyone have some cool custom instruction/Free play cards?, so tired of the yellow original ones.

Check out this post, some amazing cards for lots of different pins and has some excellent Indiana Jones cards

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only

2 months later
#180 2 years ago

I love this game and thought I had fixed all the gremlins in the machine, but a new one has popped up.

About 20% of the time, when I hit the grail scoop, it just flashes and spits the ball back out almost instantly. I looked at the manual and there is only one switch there, so obviously it detects the ball, but doesn’t score properly and spits out the ball.

Any ideas from seasoned veterans?

2 weeks later
#181 2 years ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

I love this game and thought I had fixed all the gremlins in the machine, but a new one has popped up.
About 20% of the time, when I hit the grail scoop, it just flashes and spits the ball back out almost instantly. I looked at the manual and there is only one switch there, so obviously it detects the ball, but doesn’t score properly and spits out the ball.
Any ideas from seasoned veterans?

I dont have an Indy, but i have had this same thing on my Metallica pro. Both scoops had it and one time or another. I adjusted (slightly bent) the arm of the switch a bit toward where the center of the ball would be with the ball in the scoop during play. Its tough to figure exactly where the ball would be with playfield in upright position. But thats my recommendation. Make small adjustments and then test. Idea is to get a solid register of the switch when the ball is there.

#182 2 years ago

Thanks, I put a new lithium battery in it and it only did it a couple more times. It seems to have corrected itself from the early ejects. So weird. Finally cleared 200 million on it! Man it is a challenging game, but I love it.

2 weeks later
#183 2 years ago

Serious question for those who are pretty skilled at this game. My family and I really enjoy this pin.

I think I am pretty proficient and have had an issue sort of develop over the past few months. It seems like every time I play recently, at least 1/2 to 2/3 of my time in a game is spent just always having to do a LOT of ball saves (more than I think I used to have to do on this game). Seems like it always heading down the out lanes (even with a lot of bumping/nudging), or I am doing a ton of slap saves to catch it when heading down the middle. I realize this is not one of those type of games where you can just play and have very few drains. For example, I can have long play times on a Deadpool and don't have to try that hard. Although I do work a little harder on my Lightning game play, I can still have long and satisfying games which are really enjoyable. I seem to have good game play length on other pins at the arcade as well.

Is this just a development phase or have I developed a bad habit that is causing my play to be like this? Lately my play has been less than enjoyable? I cannot seem to get past the 250 million mark no matter how hard I try. I have never achieved the final adventure either.

Suggestions on things to try or practice? Genuinely trying to figure out what I am doing wrong?

3 months later
#184 2 years ago

Quiet around here…jwalrath yes, I have the same trouble. It loves hit the posts at the sides around the targets or the main ramp and shoot right down the outlanes. I’m a beginner so I haven’t developed bumping or nudging techniques yet, but it’s a tough game for sure. I keep coming back and love it every time.

Has anyone successfully removed this mylar from their playfield without damage to the art/insert lettering? When I rebuilt the game last year, I left it due to being scared I’d damage the playfield, but would really like to have this mylar be new. What’s the best technique for these?

AA4B7169-1BA3-4E6E-B221-26281A37C7A6 (resized).jpegAA4B7169-1BA3-4E6E-B221-26281A37C7A6 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#185 1 year ago

My indy swordsman is stuck in this position. It seems like it doesn't want to move at all. Is the motor bad?

20220611_122321 (resized).jpg20220611_122321 (resized).jpg20220611_123100 (resized).jpg20220611_123100 (resized).jpg
#186 1 year ago

Does it want to keep going forward and not return to it's original start position?

#187 1 year ago

Not Indy, but if the motor keeps wanting to move forward - I had similar on Stern Pirates with the ship and it was a transistor for the motor drive. Something else to check before buying motor.

#188 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsunami:

Does it want to keep going forward and not return to it's original start position?

yes, it keeps wanting to move towards the lamp and not go back to the original position. it doesn't want to turn manually either although I barely attempted it as to not break anything.

#189 1 year ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Not Indy, but if the motor keeps wanting to move forward - I had similar on Stern Pirates with the ship and it was a transistor for the motor drive. Something else to check before buying motor.

interesting I will have to check that. Will have to look up the schematics as to where the drive is to test the transistor... is it in the head?

#190 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

yes, it keeps wanting to move towards the lamp and not go back to the original position. it doesn't want to turn manually either although I barely attempted it as to not break anything.

I had the same thing happen and I thought it was the motor, the spring the opto, and wiring. I ended up removing the swordsman and putting 3 and 1 oil on the shaft and it has been working perfectly ever since. Cheap fix and I hope yours is the same.

#191 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

My indy swordsman is stuck in this position. It seems like it doesn't want to move at all. Is the motor bad?

I don’t think your motor is bad…yet. If you keep running it this way it will be.

Take the swordsman toy off (set screw at bottom of him) the rod and allow the rod to spin back. It is a spring loaded rod and there are gaps in the motor or rod gear. The motor only runs in one direction so when it hits the gap, the swordsman returns back home. If that bushing is dirty or your spring is bad, the motor will spin and it catches the rod before it returns so it runs into the light post. I would clean the swordsman bushing and gear and make sure the spring is good once you fix it.

#192 1 year ago
Quoted from Spunky1562:

I don’t think your motor is bad…yet. If you keep running it this way it will be.
Take the swordsman toy off (set screw at bottom of him) the rod and allow the rod to spin back. It is a spring loaded rod and there are gaps in the motor or rod gear. The motor only runs in one direction so when it hits the gap, the swordsman returns back home. If that bushing is dirty or your spring is bad, the motor will spin and it catches the rod before it returns so it runs into the light post. I would clean the swordsman bushing and gear and make sure the spring is good once you fix it.

Thanks I'll do that. I disabled the motor in the settings as soon as it started acting up so should be ok.

#193 1 year ago

Like Tsunami said, 3-1 oil may not be a bad idea either. I think the original actually used lithium grease. I think it calls it out in the manual.

#194 1 year ago

I had this snafu as well recently. Luckily, my issue was the set screw wasn't tighten down enough; the swordsman toy just kept slipping.

2 weeks later
#195 1 year ago

First post for me in this topic. Could someone please post an image of your backbox with the translite removed (so I can see the boards). Thanks!

#196 1 year ago
2ECD5276-8FAF-490E-B78C-3142239710DB (resized).jpeg2ECD5276-8FAF-490E-B78C-3142239710DB (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#197 1 year ago

I am in! I will be removing the plastic ramp and trying to have a ball return to the left and right side. I just need to figure it out! I see the ark divertor being the crutial point. Look forward to trying another project.

24F8D4E7-229A-4957-9790-5581A21C2A74 (resized).jpeg24F8D4E7-229A-4957-9790-5581A21C2A74 (resized).jpegA577D12C-7654-47EF-BC9F-0DDE97B9D4E5 (resized).jpegA577D12C-7654-47EF-BC9F-0DDE97B9D4E5 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#198 1 year ago

Any idea where I can find the following plastic? I haven't had much luck and am thinking about just trying to "fix" it... LOL

Jeff

IMG_0709 (resized).jpegIMG_0709 (resized).jpeg
#199 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I am in! I will be removing the plastic ramp and trying to have a ball return to the left and right side. I just need to figure it out! I see the ark divertor being the crutial point. Look forward to trying another project.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Post your progress. I always thought with 2-3 tweaks this game could improve alot.

#200 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Post your progress. I always thought with 2-3 tweaks this game could improve alot.

90 percent done! Rails are not polished yet. Theres now 3 working ramp shots. I will post a video link here when done. I liked the game as it was.

6BAE95A9-C18D-4F2E-8FBD-1607D63A5539 (resized).jpeg6BAE95A9-C18D-4F2E-8FBD-1607D63A5539 (resized).jpeg705A0008-58EA-428C-BC6F-BD7E69E70125 (resized).jpeg705A0008-58EA-428C-BC6F-BD7E69E70125 (resized).jpeg7760DE54-F3D6-494A-A459-0E9554B26028 (resized).jpeg7760DE54-F3D6-494A-A459-0E9554B26028 (resized).jpegC6D18E9F-6D95-469F-BC9A-821C5F587AE6 (resized).jpegC6D18E9F-6D95-469F-BC9A-821C5F587AE6 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 260 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-3/page/4?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.