(Topic ID: 269537)

Indiana Jones 2008 Stern

By ChefStefano

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Captive Ball in the Map Room eject malfunction.

#2 3 years ago

You'll get more relevant answers in the SS forum.

#3 3 years ago

Thread moved.

ChefStefano : Can you be more specific as to the issue that you are experiencing?

#4 3 years ago

Hi Sure thanks ForceFlow. During normal I J play (startup) there are three balls in the upper deck "Map Room" the game plays as normal. When the target ball is struck by the pin in play, it contacts a target pinball to put the free ball in Map Room play (one of the three balls is a contact pin it is in a bracket and does not move). The strike force sends one of the Map Room pins in motion to score points on the targets. At the top of the Map Room, there is a capture cup which has a switch sensor that gets actuated when a Map Room pin lands in the cup. After a few seconds of play, the I J Map Room eject selenoid attempts to eject the pin back into Map Room play. It tries several times but the ball does not leave the cup and a Device Malfunction Error message appears on the I J screen. I have replaced the entire solenoid assembly, bracket etc. with factory-replacement parts including the solenoid switch (not the capture cup detector switch). After I replaced the Map Room eject solenoid and entire assembly about six months ago, the I J Map Room pin eject worked fine for a number of months. Now the Map Room eject tries to eject the ball it actuates the kick out but does not seem to have enough force to kick the pin back in Map Room play. I get a Map Room Device Malfunction and the selenoid just keeps trying to kick the pin out about 6-8 times then gives up and the Error flashes across the display screen. The I J continues to play with the pin still in the Map Room capture cup. When the game ends or the next player is up the Map Room pin is still stuck reducing Map Room completion and scoring. On a new game startup turning the I J off and then on to play as the I J initializes it tries to kick the pin out of the Map Room cup each time again trying to get the pin to return to its launch point with the other two pinballs. Then the I J displays the same Map Room Eject Device Malfunction but gameplay starts anyway. If I open the I J door panel and select the Service Menu, I can scroll to Diagnostics from the display menu and select to Coil test. I can select the Map Room Eject Coil test and manually actuate the solenoid by pushing the test button on the control panel. Every time it ejects the pinball in the Map Room cup. Does this help? I can send still photos and videos of the malfunction if that would help. Thanks

1 month later
#5 3 years ago

I had the same problem with mine, it turned out the 30 degree kickout needed to be moved to get the plunger to hit the ball center. I would replace sleeve and plunger before messing with location.

6 months later
#6 3 years ago

Hi Superpops1, All apologies for not responding to you reply for over a hundred days. You stated 6 months ago, "I had the same problem with mine, it turned out the 30 degree kickout needed to be moved to get the plunger to hit the ball center. I would replace sleeve and plunger before messing with location". I did replace the sleeve and plunger with a factory part. How exactly do I position the plunger to hit the ball dead center? Also, when I put the IJ in diagnostic mode and I manually activate the Map Room kick put it does kick the pinball out of the Map Room captive cup. This makes no sense that the forced manual selenoid kicks out the ball. Would this happer if the plunger was off center? Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-2008-stern and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.