5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Chappie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I had just installed an LED upgrade and multiple on/offs throughout to test and find lights was accomplished fine. At the very end when I installed the under POA mini playfield lights and put back together I no longer had any GI lights and the CPU no longer boots (D19 LED stays on). Unplug all but power from CPU board and the board will boot. Add plugs/cables back to it and J113 (power driver board to cpu board ribbon cable) causes the no boot. The ribbon cable tests good in my STTNG. The cpu board boots fine with all connectors attached when placed in the STTNG, so I think my CPU board is good. Tested the GI connectors at J120/121 on power driver board and getting about 7.0 VAC which is good. Fuses are all good. I have no GI lights anywhere. Do I have a lamp matrix problem or any other ideas for me to chase down??

Steve

#2 5 years ago

GI has nothing to do with lamp matrix.

Power to the driver board, power off the driver board. All in the lower left hand area of the driver board.

Get your meter out, set to ac, and figure out wiring to board, board issue, or power going out issue, Try and narrow it down.

Plug anything in wrong when you worked on POA ?

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Thanks LTG. I do not think I plugged anything in wrong and I am getting 7.0 VAC at the output jumper for the GI. Will snoop around more where the wires from the GI connector head off to since there is proper power at the connector.

Steve

1 week later
    #4 5 years ago

Update: It currently boots with D19 ON and then it will go OFF and D20 flickers and the feature lights start to light up on the playfield and then it goes back to D19 ON with D20 not flickering and feature lights go out and it keeps cycling back and forth like that. ??

Steve

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indian-jones-no-gi-boot-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.