Independence day upper flipper EOS switch

By TheRingMaster

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi all!

I'm restoring an Independence Day, id4, and now I am rebuilding the flipper assemblies. I noticed that there is no end of stroke switch on the upper assembly (but there are on the bottom two flippers). Why is that? Instead there is a dummy EOS switch base to fit the metal piece holding the return spring.

A spare assembly I have has the same setup.

I wonder why there's no EOS switch on this flipper...
I also remember that when you hold the right flipper button there is a slight hum from the speakers. And I've also read others have experienced the same and some also say it's normal. But, finding the EOS switch is "missing" I thought maybe that's why there is a hum from the high coil power not switching off.

Anyone knows why there's no EOS switch there, it appears to be factory. Also, would this possibly burn the upper flipper coil? And third, would the hum go away if an EOS switch was fitted on the assy? The last thing requires some place to wire the EOS switch but not sure there are any wires for doing that.

/ Andy

#2 8 years ago

Well... Here's the answer! Sorry!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tech-tron-upper-left-flipper-no-end-of-stroke-switch

I'll let the topic survive anyway since I did not find the solution at first search. Maybe someone else can find the info useful.
By the way, the manual clearly states there should be an EOS switch on the upper assembly as well, it's even on the drawing. But guess they were lazy and used the same picture for all three.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Midlothian, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/independence-day-upper-flipper-eos-switch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.