Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by idave46
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I just bought a game and I was hoping someone can help me a technical issue. The multi ball isn't working on Independence day. You shoot it it opens up and then you shoot it into the hole and nothing happens. It's not registering. then it takes a few minutes and the machine does the it can't find the ball mode and then kicks the balls out. Any reason this is happening and what can be done. Trouble shooting. I'm not handy when it comes to pinball machines. Please help. Thanks. Rick.

#2 7 years ago

Ball troughs develop divots over time and then the balls will not readily advance. Is this what your problem is?

#3 7 years ago

There's going to be be either a switch or an opto (uses light to sense if a ball blocks it) in there to sense when the ball goes in. Check your manual for how to get to the Switch Edges test mode, and then test it and see if it registers. If it doesn't, there's probably either a misadjusted/broken switch, or a wire fell off, or something like that. If you look at the mech from the bottom side of the playfield it'll probably be pretty obvious how it detects the ball

1 week later
#4 7 years ago

The ball would hit the Alien, and it didn't say anything about the ball being locked, nor would the alien open up. When it final opens up on your 3rd ball, and you did hit it in, you would still have to wait until the machine does the lost ball to get your ball back. I also notice the virus hole, did the same thing. it never registered, no points, and also had to wait until the machine went into lost ball mode. After playing it that for the last 2 weeks, it's a miracle....It started working. Both the multi ball and the virus. Yeah!!! I hope it stays. It's a lot of fun. Thanks. Does that help with evaluating what the issue is?

7 months later
#5 6 years ago
Quoted from rtotans:

The ball would hit the Alien, and it didn't say anything about the ball being locked, nor would the alien open up. When it final opens up on your 3rd ball, and you did hit it in, you would still have to wait until the machine does the lost ball to get your ball back. I also notice the virus hole, did the same thing. it never registered, no points, and also had to wait until the machine went into lost ball mode. After playing it that for the last 2 weeks, it's a miracle....It started working. Both the multi ball and the virus. Yeah!!! I hope it stays. It's a lot of fun. Thanks. Does that help with evaluating what the issue is?

I am having a similar problem. I replaced the VUK switch, and I'm wondering if the ball isn't making enough contact with the switch to trigger it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 12.95
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Canfield, OH

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/independence-day-multi-ball-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.