image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 8 years ago
Quoted from TheRingMaster:

Yeah those protectors will be nice! Fingers still crossed they will fit.

So are there protectors or are they in the works?

#252 8 years ago

As far as I know they are still in the works. Havent heard anything more about them yet... I think ledge should know, hes the one in touch with cliffy while I handed over the measurements.

Lets hope they get done soon, would be nice to have!

1 week later
#253 8 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the Alien Head not opening? My ID4 machine is having difficulty with this now. I can bash the alien 10 times on 1 ball and it won't register that it has been hit and then maybe here or there it gets lucky and finally registers the hit? Super annoying considering this is the only way the get the main multi-ball feature. Is there a fiber optic problem or switch problem? Any help with this would be appreciated.

1 week later
#254 8 years ago

Hi there vwallat99!

I would check the opto switch that is just in front of the alien head. Theres no physical switch for the alien head (for registering ball hits) but an optical switch. When the light beam is interrupted it registers as a hit on the head.
Try to enter switch test in the games menus and see if you can trigger the switch easily with your finger or by rolling a ball towards the head. If not, next step is to check the connectors on the opto boards that sticks up from under the playfield on each side of the head, in front of it. They have to be tight and not loose causing bad connections. If that fails i think maybe your opto boards have gotten worn out or misaligned. Check that they are aligned properly and did not come out of place. Maybe theres a loose screw or maybe cold/cracked solder joints on the opto boards.

Hope it helps somewhat!

1 week later
#255 8 years ago

Anyone got a score/instruction card for ID4 or other sega game? The right hand one that says something like 3 balls per play? I have the instruction card but not the other.
Not looking for some fancy new custom card (yet at least) but rather the original one used on location. A scan or even a decent picture of it would do.

#256 8 years ago

For today you can use this one:

12240089_859583957495723_165195482384899367_n.png12240089_859583957495723_165195482384899367_n.png

#257 8 years ago

Hehe =) is that a chicken or an alien getting fried?

1 week later
#258 8 years ago

This one lol

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#259 8 years ago

Yes please

Yeah, a deeper rule set would've been nice. Now that Independence Day 2 is on its way maybe it's time to do an id4 2.0 like the bop 2.0. A few missions to accomplish etc before killing the mother ship would be cool!

#260 8 years ago

This machine looks like the ID4 i sold several years ago (NL). Especially that missing opto, the broken head and the damage at the popbumpers. Also the cards on the apron are the same. May i ask if it's possible you got this from someone in the Netherlands?

#261 8 years ago

wierdeer, hehe.. well that could do =) And yes the 2.0 ruleset would be pretty cool. i doubt stern or someone else will do an ID42 anytime soon.. depends on the success of the movie ofc but.. on the other hand a JJ version with LCD screen could really be awesome!

HarrieD, the world is smaller than we imagine.. so maybe.

1 week later
#263 8 years ago

Oh! Thats cool =)
So.. guess its time to start programming the ID4R game rom now.. as well as change the space ship to a more modern one hehe..
A couple of games from now JJ or Stern should make a game out of the new movie! Could actually be pretty cool especially with the LCD screen and all.

1 week later
1 week later
#265 8 years ago

Ringmaster are you really gonna program rom code for id4 or just messin around

#266 8 years ago

Here is mine after I put LEDs in my playfield has zero damage... Someone cut out the slam tilt so switch is always open... Vuk randomly pops from time to time need to track down that switch or diode... RAmps have small cracks that are not visible left ramp has bigger crack but someone did a pretty good job repairing it with jbweld ... Also my release the attackers and release the destroyers are red inserts where most are green and my lock inserts are yellow where most are green thought someone might have replaced them till I saw a video with the same configuration. Anyone know what's up with that

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#267 8 years ago

And here's what it looked like before lol.... Pretty dull played like a Vegas prostitute

#268 8 years ago

#269 8 years ago

Above are pics I took of my tear down for reference thought they might be useful for some one else.... Love this game even tho the rule set is shallow the ramps are hard as rock to hit and that right loop shot with the flipper in the way is hard for the double or triple jackpot is challenging very challenging my best score so far is 2.9 bill this pin should have a way better rating than it does.

#270 8 years ago
Quoted from wierdeer:

Here is mine after I put LEDs in my playfield has zero damage... Someone cut out the slam tilt so switch is always open... Vuk randomly pops from time to time need to track down that switch or diode... RAmps have small cracks that are not visible left ramp has bigger crack but someone did a pretty good job repairing it with jbweld ... Also my release the attackers and release the destroyers are red inserts where most are green and my lock inserts are yellow where most are green thought someone might have replaced them till I saw a video with the same configuration. Anyone know what's up with that

image_(resized).jpeg

No idea but that is interesting I don't think that I've seen a ID4 with those inserts. But your LED set up looks good and probably makes those inserts for the attackers and destroyers work. Is that blacklight on the bottom of the field??

#271 8 years ago

Hi there vwallat99!
I would check the opto switch that is just in front of the alien head. Theres no physical switch for the alien head (for registering ball hits) but an optical switch. When the light beam is interrupted it registers as a hit on the head.
Try to enter switch test in the games menus and see if you can trigger the switch easily with your finger or by rolling a ball towards the head. If not, next step is to check the connectors on the opto boards that sticks up from under the playfield on each side of the head, in front of it. They have to be tight and not loose causing bad connections. If that fails i think maybe your opto boards have gotten worn out or misaligned. Check that they are aligned properly and did not come out of place. Maybe theres a loose screw or maybe cold/cracked solder joints on the opto boards.
Hope it helps somewhat!

My opto board was kind of hacked from whomever did work to it last. I finally had the ambition to get in there and take a look. My ID4 is looking and playing amazing once again. Thanks for the tip to check out the board.

20160101_225037_(resized).jpg20160101_225037_(resized).jpg

#272 8 years ago

Pics of the restored PF that came from a trash machine I bought a while ago....

20151217_131408_(resized).jpg20151217_131408_(resized).jpg

20151217_131402_(resized).jpg20151217_131402_(resized).jpg

#273 8 years ago

nope just blue led strips on my apron

#274 8 years ago

amendes are you selling?

#275 8 years ago

Shipping from Brazil would make it too expensive!

#276 8 years ago

also my area 51 insert is clear and most are green

#277 8 years ago

ahh i just noticed where you are from lol looks nice man

1 month later
#279 8 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

My opto board was kind of hacked from whomever did work to it last. I finally had the ambition to get in there and take a look. My ID4 is looking and playing amazing once again. Thanks for the tip to check out the board.

20160101_225037_(resized).jpg

That's great to hear! Always nice to contribute =) I think my restoration is pretty much done now but I still need to fix the stickers for it and then take a few pictures of the game before I call it finished. Will do as soon as I have the time.

#280 8 years ago

That's great to hear! Always nice to contribute =) I think my restoration is pretty much done now but I still need to fix the stickers for it and then take a few pictures of the game before I call it finished. Will do as soon as I have the time.

.... then please change the thread title to ID4 Club.... everyone agree?

#281 8 years ago

Might do that if you guys want it, it already has some good tips and solutions in it =)

#282 8 years ago

I think so , this machine needs some love.

#283 8 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I think so , this machine needs some love.

Show me some...

20160220_113013_(resized).jpg20160220_113013_(resized).jpg

#284 8 years ago

20160220_113002_(resized).jpg20160220_113002_(resized).jpg

#285 8 years ago

My current LED setup

20150915_063804_(resized).jpg20150915_063804_(resized).jpg

#286 8 years ago

Undercab and backbox glow is awesome

20141222_194514_(resized).jpg20141222_194514_(resized).jpg

#287 8 years ago

I've now changed the topic to the Independence Day (ID4) Owners Club. Let's hope it will be a nice place to discuss things related to this game!

#288 8 years ago

Anyone else think that there might be a "Resurgence" for this machine in a couple months??

#289 8 years ago

Not sure, maybe a bit later but the new movie might have at least a little interest going. Still would like to see a new machine based on the new movie with today's tech.

#290 8 years ago

Anyone knows if it's possible to move the thread from the restorations sub forum to the all clubs one? And.. How to do it..

#291 8 years ago

Anyone knows if it's possible to move the thread from the restorations sub forum to the all clubs one? And.. How to do it..

Now you got me.... haven't thought about that.....

#292 8 years ago

I'll check it out. Worst case I think robin or so could always move it. Or maybe I'll change it back and create a new separate club thread after all. Can always put links between them.

#293 8 years ago

Ended up creating a separate club thread instead. Think it's better after all, let's keep the discussion going there! I've linked both threads together by posting links.

Here's the club thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/independence-day-id4-club-owners-and-fans#post-2986230

3 years later
#294 4 years ago

Hi. To anyone who has an Independence Day. I need a favor. I need pics from under playfield The alien head, opto board and subway Thanks in advance for the help. Santiago

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Midlothian, VA
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 294 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/independence-day-id4-restoration/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.