(Topic ID: 152763)

Independence Day (ID4) Club (owners and fans)

By TheRingMaster

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 238 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Evilive69
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 110 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8884 (resized).JPG
IMG_8839 (resized).JPG
IMG_8670 (resized).JPG
IMG_8626 (resized).JPG
IMG_8589 (resized).JPG
IMG_8550 (resized).JPG
20200508_152130 (resized).jpg
20200505_163432 (resized).jpg
20200505_113132 (resized).jpg
20200505_112014 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200320-125540_Chrome (resized).jpg
20200314_181741 (resized).jpg
IMG_5176 (resized).JPG
id4 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Independence Day Custom Pinball Card Rules print3.JPG

There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Installed a polycarbonate red display mask on my ID4 and it looks awesome!

How thick is the polycarbonate? I've been using rybreath.

1 month later
#202 1 year ago

Anyone run into an issue with the Alien head opening up randomly on its own?

Mine is starting to open up almost constantly without being hit. I’m not sure what actually makes the alien head open. Any advice appreciated.

Edit: Found the optos and cleaned them. Seems to be working correctly now.

1 month later
#203 1 year ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

What year do you guys think we will have to wait for ColorDMD to do ID4? 2021?

I was a little off

id4 (resized).jpg
#204 1 year ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I was a little off[quoted image]

YES!!! I wasn't sure if it was ever going to happen.

#205 1 year ago

Hi all,
I'm looking for some teardown pictures, if anyone has them. I'm specifically looking to see where the hex posts go to support the ramps. My right ramp seems to be too high and steep, even with no pop bumper cap in place. Thanks for any help. I have looked at the ones already on this thread.

3 months later
#207 9 months ago

A friend of mine who owns an ID4 told me there is someone working on updating the code for this great game. Is there any truth to that?

#208 9 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

A friend of mine who owns an ID4 told me there is someone working on updating the code for this great game. Is there any truth to that?

I haven’t heard anything but that would be awesome. My dad has one and it really is a fun game but the unbalanced scoring means that if I’m going for a high score I’m only going for the regular alien head multiball for at least 3 times before I even think about going for Area 51 multiball, red alert, f-18 hurry up or the virus upload. Would love to see a wizard mode for getting through everything

3 months later
#209 5 months ago

Just found this group! I've had my ID4 since 2011... came close to 10 Billion a few months ago!

IMG_5176 (resized).JPG
#210 5 months ago

Awesome game and awesome SPF poster!

1 month later
#211 3 months ago

hi all.
I'm new here, and owner of a id4.
since a couple of days the initiate virus /upload virus doesn't work.
it registers the ball going in and pops up, but the text uploading virus and percentages dont show on the screen.
when lock is lit, the hole registers a lock when the ball enters.
does anybody know what to do to get the virus upload again?

thanks upfront

jamy.

20200314_181741 (resized).jpg
#212 3 months ago

Hello, any of you guys know where I could acquire a center ramp? Mine is cracked right in half... I've searched all the distributors and can't find one. Thanks all.

#213 3 months ago
Quoted from jamy:

hi all.
I'm new here, and owner of a id4.
since a couple of days the initiate virus /upload virus doesn't work.
it registers the ball going in and pops up, but the text uploading virus and percentages dont show on the screen.
when lock is lit, the hole registers a lock when the ball enters.
does anybody know what to do to get the virus upload again?
thanks upfront
jamy.[quoted image]

Check the computer virus switch with a ball in switch test mode. Sounds like the switch is not working.
The Lock is initiated by the Alien head switch, I believe.

#214 3 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Check the computer virus switch with a ball in switch test mode. Sounds like the switch is not working.
The Lock is initiated by the Alien head switch, I believe.

it seems that the switch is malfunctioning. sometimes it respondes but mostly it doesn't. is this normal wear and tare?
I can't find the specific switch in the manual, is this a standard micro switch and can it be replaced by the one in the picture?

thank you for your help awesome1

Screenshot_20200320-125540_Chrome (resized).jpg
#215 3 months ago
Quoted from jamy:

it seems that the switch is malfunctioning. sometimes it respondes but mostly it doesn't. is this normal wear and tare?
I can't find the specific switch in the manual, is this a standard micro switch and can it be replaced by the one in the picture?
thank you for your help awesome1[quoted image]

Yes, if the switch has the same style of "arm" you should be fine. Might be able to bend the arm on current switch to make it work more reliably as well.

#216 3 months ago

replaced the switch. everything working fine now

thanks for the help

1 month later
#217 66 days ago

Just finished shopping this ID4. Was a bit of a POS when I got it. Filthy and broken six ways from Sunday. Cleaned up well. I'm surprised how much I'm enjoying it. Really fun pin!

P.s. I'm generally against colored leds in the GI, but white LEDs underneath clear playfield plastics didn't look good IMO. So, I took a couple liberties at those locations.

20200505_112014 (resized).jpg20200505_113132 (resized).jpg20200505_163432 (resized).jpg
#218 64 days ago

It looks good and has nice contrast!

#219 63 days ago

Original translite was damaged. Improvement? Seeing that color dmd a few posts up makes me want one!

20200508_152130 (resized).jpg

#220 63 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Original translite was damaged. Improvement? Seeing that color dmd a few posts up makes me want one!
[quoted image]

Looks good! I've considered the alternate translites myself.

Yeah, I am really happy with the color DMD! A bit pricey, but a big upgrade for sure!

#221 63 days ago

[quoted image]

Just pull the trigger on one already then! Lol #Biased #IColoredIt

#222 63 days ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

I haven’t heard anything but that would be awesome. My dad has one and it really is a fun game but the unbalanced scoring means that if I’m going for a high score I’m only going for the regular alien head multiball for at least 3 times before I even think about going for Area 51 multiball, red alert, f-18 hurry up or the virus upload. Would love to see a wizard mode for getting through everything

Chadh has done amazing work for DE Star Wars and DE Hook. Might want to hit him up. If people loan him a machine maybe he would be interested and able to code it.

#223 63 days ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

You can actually get quite a few points from F-18 hurry up (if you get the loop points up high before starting)... Area 51 Multiball and Red Alert not so much, maybe 2 -3 hundred Million, but they're fun.

For sure Alien Head multiball is where the big points are and also the end of ball bonus. Get "Bonus Hold" with a 10X multiplier and on next ball also get 10X... I've had over 1 Billion in end of Ball Bonus on a few occasions!!! Plus after 10X you get 50 Million each time completing the 3 rollovers.

My High score is just under 10 Billion on a 3 ball game with Extra Ball.

ID4 has a great "Fan layout" with great flow and a code update adding a Wizard Mode would be awesome!

#224 62 days ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Just pull the trigger on one already then! Lol #Biased #IColoredIt

Fattrain, you son of a gun! How many have you colored now?

#225 61 days ago

Not a fan of the Alternate translites. I think the OG one fits well with the rest of the game.

1 week later
#226 50 days ago

Fattrain, you son of a gun! How many have you colored now?

Sopranos
Starship Troopers
Mary Shelleys Frankenstein
Independence Day
+Currently working on my 5th

2 weeks later
#227 32 days ago

Gentlemen,
I picked up an ID4 project that is unfortunately missing the center ramp. Does anyone have a repro or old used one that they can part with?
Thanks,
-Kyros

#228 31 days ago

Added the components for 2nd backbox speaker (I had already installed aftermarket speakers a number of years ago) to be stereo and also rewired backbox speakers. I then tapped off cabinet speaker connections to share external sub I am using on my Deadpool.

Sounds great!

IMG_8550 (resized).JPGIMG_8589 (resized).JPG
#229 25 days ago

Added mirror blades today!

IMG_8626 (resized).JPGIMG_8670 (resized).JPG
#230 25 days ago

Is there any kinda of laser etched topper for this game out there?

2 weeks later
#231 12 days ago

I am trying to save an ID4 from the trash heap does anyone know where i can get a id4 center ramp and ramp protectors, i'm also in need of a sega speaker panel.

#232 11 days ago
Quoted from Brewnut:

I am trying to save an ID4 from the trash heap does anyone know where i can get a id4 center ramp and ramp protectors, i'm also in need of a sega speaker panel.

Center ramp is really hard to find. I bought a NOS complete one from a guy in Europe. I think he had a bare second center ramp, meaning no switches or ramp covers or stickers. I can look for his contact info if you want it.

#233 7 days ago

Happy Independence Day!

IMG_8839 (resized).JPG
#234 4 days ago

Remembered a few weeks ago that I still have this "Supreme Commander" from years ago... watching some of the Independence Day movie marathon on the 4th while I played pinball - inspired me to make a topper out of it!
I have a 3 LED blue strip lighting it for now, tied into the GI.

IMG_8884 (resized).JPG
#235 4 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Remembered a few weeks ago that I still have this "Supreme Commander" from years ago... watching some of the Independence Day movie marathon on the 4th while I played pinball - inspired me to make a topper out of it!
[quoted image]

Had that same one on my ID4 for years. I think I paid $30 for one that was NIB. Cheap, perfect topper.

#236 3 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Speaking of GI lighting with LED's... I recommend the GIzmo board from LED-OCD for "smoothing" the GI flashing on ID4.

I've been using one for a couple of years and really like it! I have it on max delay. The GIzmo doesn't have many setup options, unlike the GI-OCD board (I use one of those on my TZ), but it works well in this application.

Also - you may have noticed that non-ghosting LEDs work best in controlled lights. Regular LED's will work fine in the GI.

#237 1 day ago

I’ll be continuing my re-theme if ID4 soon and plastics and ramps will be up for sale with the exceptions of subways. Anyone need anything? Some plastics are cracked or broken and ramps will be bare with no switches

#238 1 day ago
Quoted from Andyzola87:

I’ll be continuing my re-theme if ID4 soon and plastics and ramps will be up for sale with the exceptions of subways. Anyone need anything? Some plastics are cracked or broken and ramps will be bare with no switches

What condition is the right ramp in?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Boards
PinSound
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 50.00
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 199.99
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 28.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
PinBoss Mods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 238 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside