• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by lb45
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Hello,

My friend and I are working on his Incredible Hulk and we are having some issues (...big surprise). When he starts his machine, he's not getting the normal Gottlieb 5-second delay and the 'click-click' sounds. 'Game Over' lights up immediately, and after about 3 seconds the 'High Score to Date' starts flashing as well. Also, the displays will not turn on.

When we push the start button, the game makes the sound to start a game. However, it doesnt kick the ball out. In fact, none of the solenoids work. The playfield and backbox GI are ok. The switches work on the playfield. The bonus advances fine as well. All the fuses are new in the machine. I even brought my working Pinball Pool boards over and swapped them out. The game had exactly the same problems with my boards in there. While we had the chance with his boards out, we did the 'defeat the slam switch' fix.

Basically, it seems like the problem is somewhere down in the body of the game. I just need some help on where to start looking. Any information would be great.

Thanks,
Frank

#2 12 years ago

I would try to check all the voltages of the trafo. Looks like some voltages are not comming through.
Because you have no displays it seems the 60volts are out. No coils could also be a trafo problem.

Did you try his boards in your pinball pool?

#3 12 years ago

Benboogaard makes a good point, it sounds like A problem might be in your driver board. There might be a resistor, jumper, or something else not allowing the voltage to make it across the board. I would check all your voltages and then check all of the transistors on the driver board for your coils by jumping them individually to ground. Do you know how to do that coil test trick? Let us know what you find.

#4 12 years ago

Did you swap all the boards from the Pinball Pool, or just the CPU board? Swap out the interboard connector too? The power supply?

It's a wierd situation, because your board doesn't appear to be booting......yet your switches and other stuff works as if the board has booted. So there are some inconsistencies there.

Per Tuukan: If many or all solenoids are constantly on or solenoids do not work at all, the problem is usually missing -12V voltage at CPU board. Check the voltage across capacitor C17. If it is OK, the problem is probably in buffers Z6 and Z7 (7417).

Kind of assuming this isn't the first foray into this particular Sys 1 machine? Ground mods have been done, connectors repinned, no battery leakage, etc. etc.? My experience with Sys 1's is you are chasing your tail trying to troubleshoot things if you haven't done the "mandatory" mods first.

#5 12 years ago

Hi Frank !
I had pain with Gottlieb system1 modelsin my collection : Totem, Dragon, and Buck Rogers.

Check again :
- voltages on power supply
- take a look at the relays under playfield , and check to move them manually

CHECK THE PINS OF THE CONNECTORS ESPECIALLY ON CPU : DISCONNECT , AND LOOK EVERY PIN ON THE LOWER CONNECTORS - EVERY PIN !
THIS IS THE ISSUE OF SYSTEM1 SYSTEMS .

From France,
Lionel.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

1,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Massillon, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/incredible-hulk-start-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.