The_Magic_8_Ball_Has_All_the_Answers (resized).png
house (resized).png
image (resized).png
Jurassic-Park-Meme (resized).jpg
tmp_26242-vera-wang-10-1846422098.jpg
0229cec11bb37465637ae4be425f6e9f1f221909 (resized).jpg
empty-wallet-jpg_192449 (resized).jpg
2c9cb67 (resized).jpg

There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Typically when businesses celebrate they give back. They don't try to ram crap down the throats of an industry or customer base.
You know, to hear that Stern gave crap to Nate at Coast 2 Coast for saying what we are all thinking (in a rather tame way, IMO)... is completely lame.

Good point. When an organization takes to bullying outsiders for disagreements it usually means they're afraid of something.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I had to laugh when I read about Stern offering "1 Lucky" person a chance to buy a Super Ultra LE. Send us a video now of why you think you're worthy to buy a 15k machine. Seriously? My immediate thought was go &$"@ yourself.
What I found even more sad was the videos I saw on YouTube of pinballers sending in their "audition tapes" to chomp at the bit.
For 15k Adam West, Gomez, and Gary Stern can personally deliver & set up the game, give me a signed bluray set of the entire batman tv series, pose for pics of me taking it up the #%*, and a voucher for 50% off their next "your the Top 1%" pin release.

Pathetic. What kind of company thinks that is a good idea?

Those audition tapes you referenced were cringe worthy.

#153 7 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

What do you think would happen if you took out half your pins so people could stand between them and watch while others played?

Two things... I suffer damage to the cabinet side art, and I'd lose half of my already dismal pinball revenue.

I didn't become successful by making bad decisions. So when I do remove half of my pins, that space will then be occupied by higher earning games. It's not my job to try to make pinball a spectator sport.

A half an hour after the very first collection on that basketball, I immediately ordered a second basketball game to link up to the first one for head to head competition. I also ordered a state-of-the-art dual skeeball set with insane LED lighting and an high score overhead. That $20,000 investment into 3 new games will earn me more money in a week than the $100,000 investment that I have into 16 pinball machines combined.

The bottom line is that higher prices are terrible for pinball. They've priced operators out of the market, and they're just pissing off collectors. I speak from the position of both.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Typically when businesses celebrate they give back. They don't try to ram crap down the throats of an industry or customer base.
You know, to hear that Stern gave crap to Nate at Coast 2 Coast for saying what we are all thinking (in a rather tame way, IMO)... is completely lame.
What's amazing to me is that we've been standing on the edge of a price line for a long time. Companies are duking it out for customers... just imagine, for a moment, if Stern said "We are going to give away a Super LE to 30 past customers. This is our celebration of 30 years and we want to say Thank You to our fantastic customers for keeping the pinball dream alive and well. All you need to do is prove that you've bought a game NIB in the last 30 years and you'll be entered to win."
Bam. Instant love for Stern.

Agree 100%.

Doesn't this show clear evidence that they don't give a shit? That we're just a commodity? It's not that big of a community and if you start alienating segments it's not good for business.

They just don't give a damn. I want to see Goliath fall.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Has it been significantly different in profile vs your NYNY location?

Yes, significantly. But it's a completely different exposure. At NYNY my pinball machines are placed at the entrance to the roller coaster. So, I can expect a million people per year to see my pinball machines, based on the attendance of the roller coaster.

I don't have a globally recognized roller coaster in my 3,200sf downtown arcade, nor am I willing to purchase one to help increase pinball revenue.

#156 7 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

The bottom line is that higher prices are terrible for pinball. They've priced operators out of the market, and they're just pissing off collectors. I speak from the position of both.

Honestly I think location gaming as we know it is pretty much doomed in the long run. All the data shows people in local markets are not leaving home for entertainment anymore. That's why locations have to do more than one thing to survive, usually including F&B which people still leave home for. D&B is still doing pretty well, for example.

Your locations are the exception since you're in a tourist market and you probably can make it work with the surrounding attractions as anchors to bring in traffic.

I agree pinball doesn't make sense for you. The thing is, the manufacturers know this too. Is it possible the higher prices reflect this?

#157 7 years ago

Two things... I suffer damage to the cabinet side art, and I'd lose half of my already dismal pinball revenue.
I didn't become successful by making bad decisions. So when I do remove half of my pins, that space will then be occupied by higher earning games. It's not my job to try to make pinball a spectator sport.
A half an hour after the very first collection on that basketball, I immediately ordered a second basketball game to link up to the first one for head to head competition. I also ordered a state-of-the-art dual skeeball set with insane LED lighting and an high score overhead. That $20,000 investment into 3 new games will earn me more money in a week than the $100,000 investment that I have into 16 pinball machines combined.

George Gomez completely acknowledged on C2C Episode 221 (I believe) that the market focus had shifted from Ops to Collectors. He said and details all of the design and process changes they've enacted to accommodate a completely new audience of buyers.

I think they know the truth: location pinball (while great for all of us) is so far from the interest of Joe Public that the only route of survival is to cater to collectors. In the past, collectors have happily collected coin-op machines solely designed to earn money while sitting in a bar or an arcade or a pizza shop. Rarity and collectability blossomed on its own accord in that situation. Now, we have companies practically ignoring the Operator/Coin-Op side of the equation and manufacturing games for direct sale to collectors and home buyers. In the process they have lost their minds on pricing.

Ops are getting pushed out and consumers are being sold things that are supposed to be collectable right out of the box. It's like those ridiculous Mint ads you see on TV for limited runs of coins that no true collector gives a rats a$$ about. All the while, manufacturers keep raising the price floor.

Part of me wonders if these ridiculous prices are just setting the stage for slightly reduced but severely elevated prices.

"Look...we know $9K was too much, so we are going to sell for $8499"

"Oh wow. Really? Great deal!"

What pinball manufacturers should be doing is looking to (1) reduce design and manufacturing cost and (2) creatively look to make pinball relevant for wide spread location use. Build for the Ops and sell to consumers on the side. Let the market thrive and exist without attempting to manhandle it. Honestly, the collector's dream of crazy physical layouts and super deep rules is just about as silly as company's asking $9K....12.5K.... and $15k for a wood box with some steel balls in it ---> it is so counter to making pinball relevant and enjoyable to the average person that has $5 to spend on entertainment at a bar.

If they can't make it relevant to the masses, this whole thing is going to collapse. Step one is making it affordable to operate. Step two is making sustainably attractive to Joe Public. They way things are going at the moment, manufacturers are signaling that they don't have a good location answer.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Time to start hitting the pinball shows.
LTG : )

The new machine usually has 5 people waiting in line to get a single game in. Some folks are so rude they monopolize the machine for hours. Hopeless.

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What pinball manufacturers should be doing is looking to (1) reduce design and manufacturing cost and (2) creatively look to make pinball relevant for wide spread location use. Build for the Ops and sell to consumers on the side. Let the market thrive and exist without attempting to manhandle it...If they can't make it relevant to the masses, this whole thing is going to collapse. Step one is making it affordable to operate. Step two is making sustainably attractive to Joe Public. They way things are going at the moment, manufacturers are signaling that they don't have a good location answer.

Designing for location play would doom them. It's not up to the manufacturers to solve the location play problem. They're selling to their market and prices will settle where the market needs them to--it might be higher than we like.

That said, it really would be nice and forward-thinking if they spun off an R&D division that specifically partnered with entrepreneurs to identify viable business models for their products.

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

... just imagine, for a moment, if Stern said "We are going to give away a Super LE to 30 past customers. This is our celebration of 30 years and we want to say Thank You to our fantastic customers for keeping the pinball dream alive and well. All you need to do is prove that you've bought a game NIB in the last 30 years and you'll be entered to win."
Bam. Instant love for Stern.

this is exactly how it should have been, and not charging for a ridiculous 30th anniversary shit party that guest paid for.

Quoted from Cybergoonie:

The only way this madness will stop is if all of us collectively quit drinking Stern's Koolaide & stop opening our wallets. But of course that won't happen, there will be outliers that screw it up for the rest of us.

yep, unfortunately.

#161 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Part of me wonders if these ridiculous prices are just setting the stage for slightly reduced but severely elevated prices.
"Look...we know $9K was too much, so we are going to sell for $8499"
"Oh wow. Really? Great deal!"

probably what's going to happen.

i see people saying ''9k is too high, now if it's around 8.5k i'd be in'' really? $500 is all it takes to make you happy?
pro should be around 5k-
premium around 6.5k
LE around 7-8k

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

My Daytona USA Twin shows $200,000+ in the audit log, now show me a pin that can do that!?!

True, My Daytona cabs (3) singles have a combined total play of almost 2 million games

#163 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

What pinball manufacturers should be doing is looking to (1) reduce design and manufacturing cost ...

No argument from me and I am NOT trying to defend Stern here but I believe they have been doing just that and what happened on Pinside? The immediate reaction here to any sort of cost savings measure is a call for a reduction in price. They changed the power switch position on Spike games which might very well be about cost savings BUT everyone argued it can't save them more then a few cents. The pro versions with less features (ie GOT) has not met with enthusiastic cheers about keeping the price down by reducing cost ... instead we want to pay less for it. Yes, as consumers our job is to pay as little as possible to get what we need but we need to be more pragmatic.

#164 7 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

No argument from me and I am NOT trying to defend Stern here but I believe they have been doing just that and what happened on Pinside? The immediate reaction here to any sort of cost savings measure is a call for a reduction in price. They changed the power switch position on Spike games and it was an epic bitch fest which was less about the poor position than about how it can't save them more then a few cents. The pro versions with less features (ie GOT) has not met with enthusiastic cheers about keeping the price down by reducing cost ... instead we want to pay less for it. Yes, as consumers our job is to pay as little as possible to get what we need but we need to be more pragmatic.

The power switch issue actually is a big deal to me. I'm actually hesitant to buy some of the newer games because of it. It was pretty dumb to move it to the backbox, it's like moving the car start button/key to under the hood...sure, it's closer to everything, but now you just made it a big pain for everyone. I'd have to get power strips to actually buy any of those games.

#165 7 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

The power switch issue actually is a big deal to me. I'm actually hesitant to buy some of the newer games because of it. It was pretty dumb to move it to the backbox, it's like moving the car start button/key to under the hood...sure, it's closer to everything, but now you just made it a big pain for everyone. I'd have to get power strips to actually buy any of those games.

OK I removed the remark about the bitching ... it wasn't really my point (I get it is an unfortunate change for many people)
It was meant to highlight that Stern can't make a change, which potentially saves them money, without it being seen as an attack on the consumer because the price didn't go down as their cost reduced, rather than being seen as a way for them to keep the price the same.

(DISCLAIMER the dollar value in the following scenario is purely hypothetical and not meant to infer that moving the switch would actually cost $200 or that Stern would raise the price by that much)

IF that switch change was a cost reduction and the option was to increase the price $200 what would you prefer? Perhaps for you the cost increase would be fine since it eliminates your problem if they leave the switch alone, for others ANY increase in cost is simply unacceptable.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Since you have all the answers.. why not pair up with any of the homebrew stuff going on and see your ideas come to life.
I'm not saying Ben Heck is the world's greatest genius... but if anyone were trying to stick to the mantra you just outlined.. he would fit that mold greatly.. and yet.. didn't end up where you propose.

I cannot get in someone else's head.

But I can tell you that I've done it already in other areas of automation, more than once -- and pinball is, at the end of the day, simply an automation state-machine exercise.

"If ball hits switch A, play X sound clip and score Y, store state Z."
"If ball hits switch B and State Z is set, score Y1, play X1 sound, reset state Z."

Etc.

This, which is what my home looks like right now in terms of status, runs on two $35 commodity computers that talk real-time to each other over encrypted links, separated by a couple hundred feet. It's a second-generation product -- the first required hard-wiring between sites and a hell of a lot more money and equipment. There's quite literally $15 worth of analog and digital I/O plugged into one of those to handle the pool equipment. You can buy commercial setups to do this but they cost thousands as soon as you want to tie in something like your pool or spa and require proprietary interfaces. There's utterly no reason to do that any more, and there's also no reason for pinball to do it either. Pin2k was an attempt to half-meld commodity and proprietary, dedicated hardware (and did it quite well for what it was and when it was), but that was done at (roughly) the same time as was my 1st generation software for the home automation purpose..... the parallels between the two are not coincidence.

Telling someone who's done something (more than once) that what they're talking about is impossible is always amusing... (I did the same sort of thing to folks who said I couldn't build a closed-circuit rebreather for half of what they sell for as well; I not only did it but the cost included buying the *machine tools* I didn't already own!)

house (resized).pnghouse (resized).png

#167 7 years ago
Quoted from pinworthy:

OK I removed the remark about the bitching ... it wasn't really my point (I get it is an unfortunate change for many people)
It was meant to highlight that Stern can't make a change, which potentially saves them money, without it being seen as an attack on the consumer because the price didn't go down as their cost reduced, rather than being seen as a way for them to keep the price the same.
(DISCLAIMER the dollar value in the following scenario is purely hypothetical and not meant to infer that moving the switch would actually cost $200 or that Stern would raise the price by that much)
IF that switch change was a cost reduction and the option was to increase the price $200 what would you prefer? Perhaps for you the cost increase would be fine since it eliminates your problem if they leave the switch alone, for others ANY increase in cost is simply unacceptable.

By changes, I was actually referring to figuring out how to build the games in a completely different fashion. Technology has evolved a lot.... sometimes it feels like they keep reinventing the ice box that actually cools things with blocks of ice.

#168 7 years ago

Stern as done things two fold. I don't think people are pissed off about all the cost savings measures. Items like replacing the metal apron with a plastic one. My problem is that they cut the cost and at the same time increase the price. If they can make the games lighter and still keep structural integrity it's all fine with me. I move my GB down stairs the other day and moved my WCS up. The GB felt like a paper weight and the WCS felt like a ton of bricks.

And that damn power button is a joke I have a real hard time accessing it. Not everyone is 5'10 with a arm each of 4 feet.

#169 7 years ago

That $20,000 investment into 3 new games will earn me more money in a week than the $100,000 investment that I have into 16 pinball machines combined.

That argument seems at odds with what you were saying about the Pinball Hall of Fame a few months ago, about how you'd run it differently - but it seems your way isn't working so you're going with basketball games. I guess Tim's way actually works.

It's nice to see some validation for him.

#170 7 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Not everyone is 5'10 with a arm each of 4 feet.

And even some of those that do have real big bellies that get in the way.

#171 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That argument seems at odds with what you were saying about the Pinball Hall of Fame a few months ago, about how you'd run it differently - but it seems your way isn't working so you're going with basketball games. I guess Tim's way actually works.

I've seen him talking a lot of things that are at odds with what other operators say. He also claimed the 'only operators paying 12k for a machine would be in NY and Cali'. Meanwhile I know 3 operators from the Midwest who all have Dialed In LE/CE and Batman66 LE, even 1 SLE.

Bunch of bologna trying to talk for all operators everywhere just because he can't hack it.

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I would still run it differently. Tim has a long established career in pinball, and a long established business with PHoF. I've been open, as an arcade, for two months. Check back with me in 10 years.

Quoted from dotEXE:

I've seen him talking a lot of things that are at odds with what other operators say. He also claimed the 'only operators paying 12k for a machine would be in NY and Cali'. Meanwhile I know 3 operators from the Midwest who all have Dialed In LE/CE and Batman66 LE, even 1 SLE.
Bunch of bologna trying to talk for all operators everywhere just because he can't hack it.

NO, you haven't. Because I've never said any of those things, Troll.

I can't hack it??? You better check yourself.

#173 7 years ago

you have to consider that going down always feel lighter than going up !
since if you look at games spec they are both suppose to be 250 pounds

#174 7 years ago

I would still run it differently. Tim has a long established career in pinball, and a long established business with PHoF. I've been open, as an arcade, for two months. Check back with me in 10 years.

Why would I bother? It'll be nothing but coin pushers and redemption by then. Those are easy.

#175 7 years ago

hmmm, will pinball die with our generation?

#176 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Mostly.

#177 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

The_Magic_8_Ball_Has_All_the_Answers (resized).pngThe_Magic_8_Ball_Has_All_the_Answers (resized).png

#178 7 years ago

You better check yourself.

Or what? I'll be verboten from playing pinball at the illustrious NYNY? Remember this is an internet forum and keyboard fights get nobody anywhere.

#179 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Why would I bother? It'll be nothing but coin pushers and redemption by then. Those are easy.

Thanks Nostradamus. Any other dire predictions???

With 43 pinball machines, and over 250 arcade games in my inventory, I don't own any pushers, and only operate 4 ticket redemption pieces.... at the location's direct request.

Would you like to continue publicly exhibiting your ignorance, or shall we stop here?

#180 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

Or what? I'll be verboten from playing pinball at the illustrious NYNY? Remember this is an internet forum and keyboard fights get nobody anywhere.

There was no "or what", grow up.

YOU started a keyboard fight by lying, when YOU claimed I wrote something that, in fact, I did not. Anything less than an apology from you is disingenuous and pathetic.

#181 7 years ago

Definitely not sorry. You said JJP and Stern have priced operators out of the market. Here's the quote

They've priced operators out of the market, and they're just pissing off collectors. I speak from the position of both.

I personally know 3 operators all with Dialed Ins and Batman66s ordered, including a BM66 SLE. I'm a collector and I'm not at all pissed about these prices. My WoZ RR was $10,000 shipped. These prices aren't new.

My point is, stop speaking for EVERYONE when you really meant "I have been priced out of the market, I am pissed off."

#182 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

Definitely not sorry. You said JJP and Stern have priced operators out of the market. Here's the quote

I personally know 3 operators all with Dialed Ins and Batman66s ordered, including a BM66 SLE. I'm a collector and I'm not at all pissed about these prices. My WoZ RR was $10,000 shipped. These prices aren't new.
My point is, stop speaking for EVERYONE when you really meant "I have been priced out of the market, I am pissed off."

As an operator, I'm just not stupid enough to pay $9,000+ for an asset that is unlikely to ROI in a reasonable amount of time, while providing service nightmares for the entire life of the product.

As a collector, yes, I'm pissed off. But not because I can't afford the top of the line, but because the top of the line has exceeded it's value, to me, in my opinion. What you do with your money is your business. I've simply decided to allocate my expendable income on a Lamborghini Gallardo, instead of chasing after the most expensive pinball games ever manufactured.

Orange Gallardo (resized).jpgOrange Gallardo (resized).jpg

#183 7 years ago

That's a great stock image of a Lambo, something we can certainly agree on.

#184 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

That's a great stock image of a Lambo, something we can certainly agree on.

Why thanks. While I've definitively decided on a convertible, I haven't really decide on color yet. I'm leaning towards orange as shown above, or even in yellow.

I want something that stands out as I'm going to be using it as an advertising platform for my arcade.... you know, 100% tax deductible business expense and all that.

#185 7 years ago

"Fine!! Then I'll just buy a Lamborghini!!!"

what even is this hobby

#186 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

"Fine!! Then I'll just buy a Lamborghini!!!"
what even is this hobby

Good point!!! When anybody decides to buy a Lamborghini over the latest pinball offerings.... well then maybe "the hobby" has out priced itself.... or maybe I've just decided to pursue a new hobby. I'm not sure.

#187 7 years ago
Quoted from Tickerguy:

I cannot get in someone else's head.
But I can tell you that I've done it already in other areas of automation, more than once -- and pinball is, at the end of the day, simply an automation state-machine exercise.
"If ball hits switch A, play X sound clip and score Y, store state Z."
"If ball hits switch B and State Z is set, score Y1, play X1 sound, reset state Z."
Etc.

So you'd rather sit back on a high horse and talk about what you BELIEVE it is... vs actually engaging with people that have experience in execution. Got it.

This hobby is full of people who started exactly where you are preaching from.. and learned they needed more... and built what they thought were the simplest way to get there. This is why there are multiple types of controllers/drivers in the hobby... that are not derivatives of the old guard.

The example of home automation as a real-time comparison was great for the lulz

#188 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

Absolutely !

#189 7 years ago

Why thanks. While I've definitively decided on a convertible, I haven't really decide on color yet. I'm leaning towards orange as shown above, or even in yellow.
I want something that stands out as I'm going to be using it as an advertising platform for my arcade.... you know, 100% tax deductible business expense and all that.

I want to support your business when I'm in Vegas at the end of the month but your attitude is turning me off.

Plus you're buying a Gallardo over a Huracan? And not even an LP560 but the old, old one with the crappy 5.0? You need more customers.

#190 7 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

I certainly hope you are wrong but deep down I am afraid you're right. Very few kids get into pinball or anything other than video games.
My friend's 15 year old wants to be a Marine because he likes playing "Call of Duty", no joke. Same guy got sore legs after we went hiking 3 miles. The youth ain't what it used to be.

#191 7 years ago

Interesting topic... Imo, routers are the reason the price is going up. LE is strictly for collectors and to that extent, almost no price is too high. But a router would buy a pin for 5k, make 15k and sell it off. Rinse, repeat. Stern is just pricing the market.

If you hate the pricing, gather some seed money and start your own pin company. I feel pins are seeing a resurgence in popularity and stern has to make the most at these times. Keep in mind, most of you have pins that are worth more now than when you bought because the new ones have increased in price. You should be thanking stern, not bad mouthing them.

#192 7 years ago

I have plenty of money to spend, but the recent price gouging has put me off, particularly as $9k costs me £9k ($11.5k) in UK. Hobbit LE was £6.5k all-in, Tron LE was £5.3k, WOZ LE was £5.5k, MMR was £6.5k. So we're talking a 38% price increase in 1 year. And I'm not even counting the SLE nonsense. The £ currency crash (hopefully will rebound later) has exacerbated the situation, but would not alone stop me purchasing.

There are many other nice things to spend money on, and that's what I'm doing. Despite loving pinball, I am not a mug.

JJP and Stern- lower your prices, and stop being greedy.

#193 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I want to support your business when I'm in Vegas at the end of the month but your attitude is turning me off.
Plus you're buying a Gallardo over a Huracan? And not even an LP560 but the old, old one with the crappy 5.0? You need more customers.

My only attitude was to make it clear that current pricing has gotten out of line, and I'm simply not willing to support these price points. Since June 2014, I've spend more than $250,000 on pinball machines and mods. Nearly $200,000 of which was NIB. You???

Furthermore, I even agreed to take a pathetic split percentage just to get a bank of 10 pinball machines into a major Las Vegas strip casino where they are seen by more than one million people annually.

Then to top it all off, I place 16 pinball machines into my new arcade for public play, most of which were HUO Limited Editions, even though I could make 3x the amount of money with different equipment, while not devaluing my personal collection.

But you don't like my attitude.

Please just go to the PHoF when you're here. I'd rather see your money go to charity.

#194 7 years ago

My only attitude was to make it clear that current pricing has gotten out of line, and I'm simply not willing to support these price points. Since June 2014, I've spend more than $250,000 on pinball machines and mods. Nearly $200,000 of which was NIB. You???
Furthermore, I even agreed to take a pathetic split percentage just to get a bank of 10 pinball machines into a major Las Vegas strip casino where they are seen by more than one million people annually.
Then to top it all off, I place 16 pinball machines into my new arcade for public play, most of which were HUO Limited Editions, even though I could make 3x the amount of money with different equipment, while not devaluing my personal collection.
But you don't like my attitude.
Please just go to the PHoF when you're here. I'd rather see your money go to charity.

We all know the current pricing has gotten out of line.

Are we supposed to be impressed about you bragging about an old Gallardo in that context or something? You throwing it out there for what, virtual pats on the back?

Yes, great, you put 10 pinball machines in a good location. And?

Yep, your attitude seems to be the biggest problem facing your business. Not pinball.

#195 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Are we supposed to be impressed about you bragging about an old Gallardo in that context or something? You throwing it out there for what, virtual pats on the back?
Yep, your attitude seems to be the biggest problem facing your business. Not pinball.

Great, I'll see you at Tim's place then. Cheers.

#196 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

Stfu

Here's a guy that drops a quarter mill that helps benefit pinball in a great public location and all you can do is find something to whine about? What a joke

IMO, JJP and Stern should be subsidizing these pins because of the free advertising they get to the general public. Millions of people

I would negotiate a better deal or tell them to go f themselves

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stfu
Here's a guy that drops a quarter mill that helps benefit pinball in a great public location and all you can do is find something to whine about? What a joke
IMO, JJP and Stern should be subsidizing these pins because of the free advertising they get to the general public. Millions of people
I would negotiate a better deal or tell them to go f themselves

You run your mouth a lot. Too much, really.

I think it's great there are pinball machines there I just prefer to give my business to people who deserve it. He comes off like a bit of a tool and frankly, so do you.

#198 7 years ago

Great, I'll see you at Tim's place then. Cheers.

Good luck picking up a Lambo produced this past decade. Cheers.

#199 7 years ago
Quoted from dotEXE:

I'm a collector and I'm not at all pissed about these prices. My WoZ RR was $10,000 shipped. These prices aren't new. My point is, stop speaking for EVERYONE when you really meant "I have been priced out of the market, I am pissed off."

bully for you, you are a rich man. i have been priced out of the market, I am pissed off.

i'm hoping this is just price wars between Jack and Gary, trying to force each other out of business. i reckon a year from now, one of them could be gone, and i know who my money is on.

#200 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

You run your mouth a lot. Too much, really.
I think it's great there are pinball machines there I just prefer to give my business to people who deserve it. He comes off like a bit of a tool and frankly, so do you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/increasing-prices-terrible-for-pinball/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.