Topic Stats

• 294 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).PNG
im-out (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
PTBarnumArtMoneyGetting (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
troll-poster (resized).jpg
IMG_1028 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuietEarp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 3 years ago

How is it good for pinball when an operator has to charge $2 per game to afford to put a new machine out on location? No thanks, I'll just play this one over here for $.50. Also who wants to put a machine that costs that much out where it can get damaged?

The collectors market for the most part involves collecting and not as much playing (no offense, I have machines too) and the most exposure and use a pin can get is usually in the wild. It is what will keep pinball relevant for the future.

I would argue that making machines that cost this much when they are only a little fancier than the older and much cheaper pinball machines is not good for the hobby.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

I'd suggest that the per game cost does need to go up for pinball to be sustainable.
Also, other non-pinball location games commonly cost $15k and up. The prices going up suggests the market is moving to support it.

Even if $2 is OK for one of us to pay to play a pinball, novices and kids will never get their moneys worth. Remember when you first started playing? Pinball was a huge waste of your quarters until you learned how to play. The future is in getting new players.

Also I love pinball! If a $12,000 game showed up at $2 a play I would probably play 3 games on it total. No more.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider QuietEarp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside