View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
im-out (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
PTBarnumArtMoneyGetting (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
troll-poster (resized).jpg
IMG_1028 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Wiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Why do people feel this combination of entitlement and betrayal when they are priced out of a luxury good? Is it just basic human envy?

Because as a pinball hobbyist I feel like I am part of a community- and if you've been a part of that community, you feel like you've supported the manufacturers through their hard times and have helped keep the hobby alive and grow it, and now that things are good, they are slapping you in the face with obvious cash grabbing, money grubbing and moves that are likely to hurt pinball by isolating a large group of people that used to be able to buy machines but now can't/won't.

And let's be straight up here- we are not being "priced out" like you suggest, that means we can't afford them. I would say we are more aware that this product is overpriced and that we are being taken advantage of. If anyone is showing entitlement and/or betrayal, it's the pinball companies shafting the pinball community IMO.

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

No one wants to pay more, obviously. Can we please move past the grousing about it?
-Stern's 15k Batman 66 SLE is obviously a pricing experiment: They intend to learn how much demand there is for a much-higher priced game. They're not doing it to make money. 30 SLE games times an extra $6,000 per game is only $180,000. For a manufacturer of their size that's not enough to make a difference. But gathering data on how many people are willing to enter a contest just to be able to buy it is very valuable.
-JJP's Limited Edition Dialed In! really is limited: The $9,000 price is only good until the end of the year, after which the price is $12,500. So pay a deposit now and the game is theoretically worth more after December 31. At 9k the price is comparable to their other offerings, yet offers more. The theme is irrelevant to this discussion. For JJP, the pricing experiment is to see how many will commit to a deposit before the year is over. After that, they find out how many still want it at 12.5k.
Remember that companies can always lower prices--that's easy. The hard part is finding the pricing ceiling, which is what both companies are doing right now. The fact that they feel able to explore this tells us the market is strong. That's great news!

troll-poster (resized).jpgtroll-poster (resized).jpg

#216 7 years ago

I've been in the pinball hobby for quite a while and I've gotten to know a lot of other pinball hobbyiests, and all I have to say is that I am no longer buying NIB and I don't know anyone else that is buying NIB anymore. I suppose the newbs are the ones paying these prices.

I guess I am just spoiled since i was buying NIB games for low $4K's just a few years ago?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 25.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.99
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Wiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/increasing-prices-good-for-pinball?tu=Pinball-Wiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.