Topic Stats

• 294 posts
  • 95 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).PNG
im-out (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
PTBarnumArtMoneyGetting (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
troll-poster (resized).jpg
IMG_1028 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Allgood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#190 3 years ago

Glad I was into collecting pinballs since the early 90s. I have never been a NIB guy, but these price increases have changed the secondary market as well. What I miss is buying project games off of location. Buying a 2 year old broken pin for $1,000 that was $3,500 new and putting a few hundred dollars in parts to make it a very nice $2,000 value machine was common just a few years ago. This doesn't happen anymore because operators are done with pinballs for the most part in my area because of price and return on investment. With the latest price bumps, this is only going to get worse.

The hobby and the people that own pinball machines has changed. The latest pinball enthusiasts seem to really enjoy getting NIB and selling/trading for the "next game". The price of entry into this new space is unfortunately to high for me, but it appears that the hobby will survive without those like me as people are buying these big dollar games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Allgood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside