View topic image gallery

Capture (resized).PNG
im-out (resized).jpg
th (resized).jpg
PTBarnumArtMoneyGetting (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
troll-poster (resized).jpg
IMG_1028 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 7 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

This is my point. There's still a market despite this thinking, so either the market is bigger or the thinking is wrong. Manufacturers will adjust back down if it doesn't work.

Adjust back down to what? Knocking $500 off their already stupid pricing?

#137 7 years ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

I still don't know why pins don't have the option to dispense tickets. I know, I know, the purity of the game, yadda yadda, but it seems like an obvious thing to do. Maybe there's a weird legal reason or something.

You make a good point... but I gotta say: kids don't want to be bother figuring something out like pinball. They just want to pull a lever...have a few seconds of anticipation... and then move onto the next machine.

Only way tickets and pins could work is if pins dispensed waaaay more tickets. Even with that....I think the kids might gravitate to the traditional redemption machines.

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

The market is ripe for a company that can make nice NIB pins for under 5k...Someone needs to attempt it, as that's where the sweet spot is...Maybe from the ashes of these mistakes, another manufacturer will arise.

I'd bet good money Stern could easily drop PRO prices back down to the $4300 range

#146 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

The prices are too damn high. Just watch: whatever title, and I mean whatever title, Spooky announces next for $6000 will sell out in a day or two. Why? Because people are going to support the company that produces NIB games for realistic prices. Hell, I'm not embarrassed to say, I've bought spookys first two games and I'm in on the third, regardless of theme assuming they too don't get price greedy. Just to support them and the pricing.
I'd love to think that all of the people complaining about price on here actually do vote with their wallets. If we want this to change, nobody should be buying BM66 whatsoever. And DI should be purchased when JJP lowers it $1k. Personally, I'm willing to spend a bit more for JJP games b/c of the innovation, but not 9k. But, as for Stern? No invisiglass. No shaker. No subways. Rehashed playfield. No guarantee that the game will be polished code-wise. QC problems on the most important part of the game, the playfield. No backglass. Led strip in the backbox. All for $12k? For a group of people that make a decent living and have to have some base intelligence - how the f$)k are we sending Stern money for BM66?

Agree with your sentiments... and I'd love to know how JJP is getting to their number. My suspicion is they are taking the market for a ride

#197 7 years ago
Quoted from brundaged:

This is my point. There's still a market despite this thinking, so either the market is bigger or the thinking is wrong. Manufacturers will adjust back down if it doesn't work.

Still a market?

Way to early to say this. These aren't one and done products.... theses companies have to repeatedly sell to that same niche market.

#219 7 years ago
Quoted from jbrady65tv:

The only thing that pisses me off more than purchasing something that is overpriced is purchasing it then having them discount it for the next guy. Dialed In (more Pat Lawlor than title) was a dream for me for a long time.
$6500 WOZ was my limit. And, of course, with the strange phenomenon of used machines seemingly INCREASING in price, Dialed In will never happen for me.

Those increases will reverse as available money shrinks. Just watch the classifieds... lots of used games dropping in price or priced more aggressively

#266 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

until JJP reaches at least 4 strong titles, they are a fragile company. They are not doing the numbers anywhere near what stern is. Not only is stern making money on the new game they release, they are making money on past titles that are still selling NIB like MET, GOT, KISS and other runs. Plus side stuff like MMR. At any given moment they are running 4 games at a time. JJP has problems getting 1 game out at a time.
And JJP is the sole reason the market is like it is. Apprently you were not around when WOZ was announced. When Jack announced WOZ at a $6500 preorder price. Stern was like....We can charge that much and people still buy? So stern raised their price but kept under jack. Then jack raised to $7500 for WOZ. Stern followed suit. and so on. So tell me again how JJP isn't the reason all the prices of shit are through the roof?
Competition is suppose to warrant better quality and lower prices. Not a bidding war to see who can charge the most and get away with it. That is what is going on with Stern and JJP right now. If we get some powerful 3rd parties involved that really start taking business away from Stern and JJP, then we will see prices go the way they should be.

you know...that's what makes the JJP announcement of a. $8k price and the inclusion of a shaker (that probably costs them $60) eye rolling. Would I pay it? I never say never... but doubt it...

There is no way their BOM/labor is absolutely forcing the cost to these levels.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Wayne, IN
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 163.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 144.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 34.99
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 30.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/increasing-prices-good-for-pinball?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.