By tnbugman

2 months ago

Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 months ago by baldtwit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 65 days ago

Does anybody ever try to reverse engineer the odds to increase winning on bingo games? I have done a bit of trying, wonder if I am the only one.
    For HUO, the fun is in the winning, and so maybe it is worth it to try to increase the odds over what operators wanted.
    I know the tricks like rigging the reflex unit to only go up, or switching to the number 3 gear on the up side. One can also swap the up and down gears to bias the reflex unit.
    But I have been shorting the 1,2,3,and 4 outputs of the reflex unit together, and this seems to give pretty satisfactory results.
    I have also tried to map the mixer units out, and often there is an unused connection that can be shorted in to increase odds of getting particular features as well.
    Am I the only one who is fooling around with this? Am I speaking sacrilege here in daring to increase odds for bingo games?

#2 65 days ago
    Quoted from tnbugman:

Does anybody ever try to reverse engineer the odds to increase winning on bingo games? I have done a bit of trying, wonder if I am the only one.
    For HUO, the fun is in the winning, and so maybe it is worth it to try to increase the odds over what operators wanted.
    I know the tricks like rigging the reflex unit to only go up, or switching to the number 3 gear on the up side. One can also swap the up and down gears to bias the reflex unit.
    But I have been shorting the 1,2,3,and 4 outputs of the reflex unit together, and this seems to give pretty satisfactory results.
    I have also tried to map the mixer units out, and often there is an unused connection that can be shorted in to increase odds of getting particular features as well.
    Am I the only one who is fooling around with this? Am I speaking sacrilege here in daring to increase odds for bingo games?

You can of course do as you please, but I think you would get tired of the game pretty quick by winning so often. The fun is in the challenge. Some guys here don't put dead rubber on the red posts. I can't imagine playing like that.
    You can set everything to the liberal factory settings. I think that's plenty loose. Just my opinion.

#3 65 days ago

The most important thing to do is remove the factory limiter on the Replay unit and open the contacts on the relay(s) to prevent zeroing out of the Replay unit upon power down/power up.

#4 62 days ago

for the reflex unit, you want the wipers to be in the most counter-clockwise direction they can go and stay there. That will connect the most circuits and make the game the most liberal assuming the wipers are in the factory reset position.

for the adjust plugs, put them in to maximize the number of wires connected between the plug and socket

you can jumper in additional rivets on the mixers and spotting disc on some games ... you need the mixer and spotting disc diagrams to figure out what. If you are making those diagrams for games that don't have them posted on the bingo.cdyn.com site, I will hunt you down and get them from you

if you just want lots of features enabled easily and your game has a mixer 4 relay, misadjust the switch on that relay so it's always closed.

the games were designed to hold around 15% (pay back 85%), but some held more/less depending on player skill and strategy.

some general statements from an operator in Nevada:
    - carnival queen - held too much. As the first screen game, bally was too conservative and players quickly left
    - gay time / gayety - held too little. Get the magic pockets enabled and winning was too easy.
    - 2/3 in blue for 300/600 - held too little. The green button allowed for enabling the blue fairly cheaply. He modified his games to make blue pay 5-in-green like the early screen games
    - beach beauty - held too little. He liked the game, but couldn't operate it profitably so kept it at his house.

he was one of the operators that understood the games needed to pay to keep people playing. He also didn't screw around with the reflex unit and objected to it being illegal in Nevada (but grandfathered in). 'course, he liked to phrase it as "it made the game pay out if people haven't won in a while".

I can imagine him arguing to the gaming commission that while he wanted to make money, he didn't want to make too much.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 160.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    € 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 989.00
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Latenight Weeknight Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.