(Topic ID: 254325)

Increasing flipper strength recommendations?

By EdHess

8 months ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by EdHess
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FlipperCoilWiring (resized).jpg
7C67409A-4CE0-453D-85EF-985419CE2819 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nocreditdot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 months ago

My personal solution is to change the flipper plates and mechs to classic stern. They feel better are snappier and classic stern stuff is made like a tank. Keep the coils the same they will fit right on the classic stern plates.
I have done this to my restored Flash Gordon and love the result. I have also done this to other classic Bally’s I have owned. Pinballlife sells all the necessary parts.

#34 8 months ago

I have tried the switching the linear to the older Bally style. I like the classic stern solution way better. You need the following

www.pinballlife.com/classic-stern-flipper-base-sub-assembly-left-or-right-staked.html

www.pinballlife.com/classic-stern-coil-retaining-bracket.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/classic-stern-flipper-rebuild-kit-left-and-right-flippers.html

#35 8 months ago

Oh yeah don’t forget the bushings

https://www.pinballlife.com/classic-stern-nylon-flipper-bushing.html

Quoted from nocreditdot:

I have tried the switching the linear to the older Bally style. I like the classic stern solution way better. You need the following
www.pinballlife.com/classic-stern-flipper-base-sub-assembly-left-or-right-staked.html
www.pinballlife.com/classic-stern-coil-retaining-bracket.html
https://www.pinballlife.com/classic-stern-flipper-rebuild-kit-left-and-right-flippers.html

#48 8 months ago

My feeling and experience is that it’s in the mechanism. Changing to the classicstern beefier mechanism makes it feel snappier and precise. Others opinions may differ.

The only coils on classic Bally’s and sterns I like a little more juiced up is the pop bumpers. I usually go from a 1200 coil to a 900. Everything else I leave stock.

Quoted from EdHess:

When I bought this machine it had some hacked up wiring in the gi and feature lighting circuits, they were tied together! So I have to wonder.
There is one extra brown wire on the left solenoid than the right. Anyone have photos showing wiring to the coils I can compare to.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 50.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
B & K Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
B & K Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nocreditdot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside