(Topic ID: 254325)

Increasing flipper strength recommendations?

By EdHess

49 days ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by EdHess
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FlipperCoilWiring (resized).jpg
7C67409A-4CE0-453D-85EF-985419CE2819 (resized).jpeg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 43 days ago
Quoted from Quench:

Nothing really, but what exactly do you gain? Is there some Williams service bulletins explaining the benefits of parallel connected flipper coils?

Nope, nothing other than Williams' patent/marketing hype I guess. People do seem to like to change WMS series wound coils to parallel though and they swear it makes a difference? I usually do it only because I don't feel like having several types of coils around and I usually convert the older 2 piece base flipper coils to the wpc/system 11 style.

3 weeks later
#52 21 days ago

Has anyone tried the coils from the Bally/Midway 6803 games (A-24-570/34-3600) in an earlier Bally SS? They are just slightly longer than the earlier coils and they should have a little more power.

#53 21 days ago

I installed the stern coils recommended earlier in this thread. One failed and started popping the f4 fuse after a bit of use. Put the old coil back in on that side. the other stern remains.I do not see a difference between the two part numbers

#54 18 days ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

Has anyone tried the coils from the Bally/Midway 6803 games (A-24-570/34-3600) in an earlier Bally SS? They are just slightly longer than the earlier coils and they should have a little more power.

I installed the 24-570/34-3600 coils in an Elektra today. Transformed the pin. They are noticeably stronger but not enough to break stuff. I jacked up the rear of the machine nearly to the max to increase the slope and the flippers have plenty of power to make all of the shots. A much needed improvement in the pace of game play on this pin.

Note that you MUST have clean EOS and flipper switches.

#55 17 days ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I installed the 24-570/34-3600 coils in an Elektra today. Transformed the pin. They are noticeably stronger but not enough to break stuff. I jacked up the rear of the machine nearly to the max to increase the slope and the flippers have plenty of power to make all of the shots. A much needed improvement in the pace of game play on this pin.
Note that you MUST have clean EOS and flipper switches.

I will have to try these since one of the Stern pair I swapped in failed after showing no improvement. Actually already bought them. Thanks for testing!

#56 14 days ago

Just installed the 24-570/34-3600 coils. Testing them and 3 times the right flipper made the tube shot. Dont think I ever saw that with any of the coils I tried. As far as I am concerned if you want stronger flippers and you have done everything else possible these coils are the ones to use.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
2,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fishers, IN
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 9.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside