(Topic ID: 237441)

Increase Scoring Capacity on Wedgeheads?

By lint

51 days ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 days ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-4 (resized).jpg
image-1 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png

#1 51 days ago

Hi All, I have a single player wedgehead (c37) that maxes out at 99990 before lighting the 100k light and rolling over. The problem we have in our house is we are all getting fairly good at the game and it would be nice to have some signal for when it rolls over to 200k territory. Any non-intrusive/non=permanent ways to accomplish this?

#2 51 days ago

Level it to 7.2 degree slant - rubber caster cups in the front - titan flipper rubbers - tilt bob to extreme tightness - switch over to Twilight Zone Powerball - insert 2” flippers bats.

Follow those instructions in that order until no one in the home can consistently score 75,000.

#3 51 days ago

Increase the pitch. Rear leg levelers all the way out. Clean and wax playfield. Open out lanes up. All my em's are set up like that.

#4 51 days ago

Make these 6 post adjustments to Conservative.

Pinball (resized).png
#5 51 days ago

Set to 3 balls instead of 5?

#6 51 days ago

Look for Italian or Spanish wedgeheads.......
image-1 (resized).jpg
image-4 (resized).jpg

#7 50 days ago

The girl in the coach LOL that’s just blatant.

#8 50 days ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Set to 3 balls instead of 5?

on 3 ball already. Its our only machine so far so it gets tons of play.

#9 50 days ago
Quoted from lint:

on 3 ball already

Set it to 5 balls, scoring will be lower. There is no extra balls on this game, just replays. You should get to 200,000 maybe 1 in 15 games. If you are a good player, possibly 1 in 7 games.

#10 49 days ago

I had this problem with my Bon Voyage after I got too good at it and rolled it over 5 times and still had lots of balls to play. I was able to get it dialed back by changing the setting to give a free play rather than an extra ball. This applies to getting either the special or the set high score. Not sure if C37 has a similar setting.

Beyond that, the other idea I had is that you could set up a fairly simple single-digit LED display, maybe run by a Arduino, that could be used to track 100k rollovers. It would have to be mounted somewhere somewhat unobtrusive, it wouldn't go very well with an EM backglass. It could be manually incremented and reset with some buttons, or if you wanted to get fancy it could be tied into the 10,000 score reel switch and the reset switch to run it automatically. Might be a fun project to goof around with.

#11 49 days ago

It's obviously not set up that hard. We have a c37 at one of our league locations and we have some really good players. Never seen anyone roll it twice. And it's set to 5 balls no extra balls.

OP needs to jack up the rear legs and wax playfield.

#12 49 days ago

Please do not put 2 inch flippers on a 3 inch game or vice versa.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 0.35
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.00
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 219.99
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 1,199.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 109.99
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 180.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Customs

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside