Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Oj1055
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hi everyone, I recently replaced the MPU in my bally skateball and noticed that a lot of the sounds triggered by switched now have changed to just a beep sound. Some sounds are normal but most aren't. I know the sound board works what could be the problem? Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Check your operator manual settings. Should be an option there to change your sounds. On Flash Gordon it's option 16 or 18 (can't remember at work). You should have a couple options, and I suspect it's reverted to the default.

#3 10 years ago

Ok, just looked at the Skateball manual- it's setting 18. Hit your test button behind the coin door until you reach setting 18. Then you have 4 choices that you can cycle through with your start button:

00 - chimes with background noise
01 - sound effects without background noise
02 - chimes on most scoring
03 - sound effects with background noise

Pick the one you like best. Hope that helps!

#4 10 years ago

Thanks a lot! Worked like a charm!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.00
$ 10.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/incorrect-sounds-after-new-mpu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.