(Topic ID: 44445)

incandescent or LED's

By Pinballgeek

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“incandescent or LED's”

• incandescent 23 votes
      14%
    • LED's 67 votes
      39%
    • BOTH depending on what game it's for 80 votes
      47%

(170 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-580.jpg
    100_0011.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider honch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 11 years ago

I say both. EATPM is a good example of why you need incadescent lamps to provide the warm glow on the GI. That games just doesn't look right 100% LED's. Inserts should always be LED's as far as I'm concerned.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

But then I am naturally averse to having seizures for some strange reason...

I think that particular gripe about LEDS is overdone. I've never really noticed any distracting flicker during game play on my pins.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Flicker or strobing is an issue with a person's eyes, and not a common problem with the majority of players.

Then I stand corrected.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

but I disagree that it makes the game more fun to play.

I'm not sure anybody is claiming it makes a game more fun.

8 months later
    #41 10 years ago
    Quoted from viper001:

So why would somebody mod an amusement device in a way that makes it less fun to play?

It's just a matter of personal taste when it comes to the aesthetics of a pin. If your game play is affected, then I guess (for you) it's less fun. As far as I'm concerned, the ball rolls the same with either kind of lighting.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider honch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/incandescent-or-leds?tu=honch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.